• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions on Starting a Pampered Chef Business

In summary, the individual is asking when they can submit their first show after signing up and if anyone has a list of what is included in the kit. They also share their plan to sign up on April 25th and place orders for a catalog show with their mother's coworkers, as well as their own orders, and receive their kit and first catalog show around the same time. They ask if this plan is acceptable or if it violates any rules. Others respond with advice and tips, and overall, it seems like a smart and organized plan.
lfg8764
Gold Member
I know i should be asking my recruiter, but yall seem to answer alot more quickly.

First, how soon after signing up can i submit my first show?
Also, does anyone have a list of what exactly is included in the kit? I promise i am not a "kitknapper" i just have a list of things i want / feel i need to do cooking shows... i just dont want to order anything that is already included.

So here is my plan, can anyone tell me if it is acceptable or if i am violating any rules:

I have about 170 dollars of items that i want, my mother also wants to do a catalog show with her coworkers and a cooking show with friends (she doesnt want her coworkers at her house). She has already been passing the catalog around the office and has a few orders just waiting for me to actually start.

So, i was planning on signing sometime about april 25 placing her offices orders along with my stuff as a catalog show the 26th. Recieve my kit and my first catalog show around the same time... and have everything i need for her cooking show may 7.

Does anyone see a flaw... im just worried im breaking a rule since shes already passing the catalog and im not even a consultant yet.

thanks in andvance

That is a great plan! That is exactly what I did. The catalog shows a photo of every item and there is also a Star next to each item that is in the Kit. If you have any doubt, just look in the catalog for that star. That will ensure you don't double buy anything.

I would recommend that you have 4 shows lined up and ready to roll. That way you will maximize your PC bonus for your first 30 days.

Good luck and keep up posted on your success!!!

It's perfectly fine!I do recommend though, anything that you are buying for yourself, make sure you put it in YOUR name. That way you can use it as a tax write off ... AND ... you don't have a bunch of confusion later down the line with what item is under who's name for warranty purposes. I've seen people put orders in their hubby's name, child's name, etc. There's no point in making this more difficult than it has to be. :DWhen you are the host, you do have to mark "Consultant acting as host" which means you don't get commissionable sales off the extras on the host side, just off the guest side. And make sure you put it in as a Catalog Show & not a Cooking Show. No fair cheating PC out of $15 in extra free product value when you didn't buy the groceries & cook. ;)But planning ahead is not against the rules, it's very smart thinking! The better start you have, the better you will probably do in your business! Every good company had a good business plan in tact before they started. It's the same concept here. :D

lfg8764 said:
I know i should be asking my recruiter, but yall seem to answer alot more quickly.

First, how soon after signing up can i submit my first show? It will probably take up to two business days for your contract to be processed if you do it online. Once you receive your consultant number and password, you'll be able to go to Consultant Corner and download Pampered Partner Plus (P3) and submit your shows.
Also, does anyone have a list of what exactly is included in the kit? I promise i am not a "kitknapper" i just have a list of things i want / feel i need to do cooking shows... i just dont want to order anything that is already included.There are images of all the items on the inside back page of the catalog. I don't have a specific list off the top of my head, but you can probably search the files section to find a listing of some sort.

So here is my plan, can anyone tell me if it is acceptable or if i am violating any rules:

I have about 170 dollars of items that i want, my mother also wants to do a catalog show with her coworkers and a cooking show with friends (she doesnt want her coworkers at her house). She has already been passing the catalog around the office and has a few orders just waiting for me to actually start.

So, i was planning on signing sometime about april 25 placing her offices orders along with my stuff as a catalog show the 26th. Recieve my kit and my first catalog show around the same time... and have everything i need for her cooking show may 7.

Does anyone see a flaw... im just worried im breaking a rule since shes already passing the catalog and im not even a consultant yet.

No, it really isn't a problem that you are passing around the catalog and starting to collect orders already. It's actually good planning on your part, you'll hit the ground running. Just make sure all the ladies understand that you won't submit the show for a month, so it will probably be around 6 weeks before they have their products. In all technicality, if you are ordering for yourself, you should place a personal order, which you do not get commission for, but do get a 20% discount on. However, if you were to submit a catalog order and order some items in your mom's, sister's, husband's etc name, you wouldn't be the first or the last one to do so. ;)

thanks in andvance

Hope that helps!

Sheila said:
It's perfectly fine!

I do recommend though, anything that you are buying for yourself, make sure you put it in YOUR name. That way you can use it as a tax write off ... AND ... you don't have a bunch of confusion later down the line with what item is under who's name for warranty purposes. I've seen people put orders in their hubby's name, child's name, etc. There's no point in making this more difficult than it has to be. :D

When you are the host, you do have to mark "Consultant acting as host" which means you don't get commissionable sales off the extras on the host side, just off the guest side. And make sure you put it in as a Catalog Show & not a Cooking Show. No fair cheating PC out of $15 in extra free product value when you didn't buy the groceries & cook. ;)

But planning ahead is not against the rules, it's very smart thinking! The better start you have, the better you will probably do in your business! Every good company had a good business plan in tact before they started. It's the same concept here. :D

my mom was going to be the host... cuz she wanted the host special and all the other goodies... my question now... can i be a customer at her show and her consultant too? IOW can i put the order under my name on her order form? will i still be able to claim the tax expense? Will it still be commisionable sales? Is this kosher?

lfg8764 said:
my mom was going to be the host... cuz she wanted the host special and all the other goodies... my question now... can i be a customer at her show and her consultant too? IOW can i put the order under my name on her order form? will i still be able to claim the tax expense? Will it still be commisionable sales? Is this kosher?

Put it under your name as the guest. If you think it's okay to claim it as a tax expense, then select "Consultant Gift" when you enter in the payment. (You'll know what I'm talking about when you get P3 downloaded)

Whether it's commissionable sales, I do not know.

Whether it's "kosher" I guess that depends on you.

Everything you need to be able to start will come in the kit. You really don't need to buy those extra items just to have them for your first show. If they are just great items on your wish list, keep them in mind for things you can get with the Host benefits when you hold your own Grand Opening party. Also, you can buy products with your PC$ that you earn in your first 30/90 days. You'll be given lots of ways to get those products at a discount, or free!Also, you can go to your recruiter's website and play around with the features there. There is a section that shows you the items that come in the kit. :)

Actually, you cannot be a guest on someone's show. So, the only way a consultant can make a guest order is to also be the host of the show.

1. How much does it cost to start a Pampered Chef business?

Starting a Pampered Chef business requires an initial investment of $109, which includes a starter kit with product samples and business supplies. However, you may choose to invest more in additional product inventory or marketing materials.

2. What kind of training and support is provided for new consultants?

Pampered Chef offers comprehensive training and support for all new consultants. This includes access to online training courses, mentorship from experienced consultants, and ongoing support from the company's home office. You will also have access to a variety of resources such as marketing materials and product information.

3. Can I sell Pampered Chef products online?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are able to sell products both in-person and online. The company provides a personalized website for each consultant to use for online sales. However, it's important to note that the majority of your sales will likely come from in-person interactions and parties.

4. Do I need to meet a monthly sales quota?

There is no monthly sales quota for Pampered Chef consultants. However, in order to remain active and receive certain benefits, you must have at least $150 in sales every 3 months. This can easily be achieved through hosting parties or selling products online.

5. Can I earn free products or discounts as a consultant?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn free products and discounts through various incentives and rewards programs. These can include booking bonuses, sales incentives, and discounts on product orders. Additionally, as you advance in rank within the company, you can earn even more rewards and bonuses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lfg8764