• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When to Start with PC: Questions About Incentives & Bonuses | April Sign-Up

In summary, this new consultant is interested in PC and has been attending parties to meet people. The consultant has some questions about joining her team and the incentives, but does not want her to think that the person is only interested in the free or discounted items. The consultant has 4 - 5 shows lined up and is unsure if they want to wait until April to sign up in order to include all of them. The consultant is from the continental US and would receive their kit within a week of agreeing to participate. The consultant is planning to have a grand opening for the mother's day special on the 27th of April and to close before the 30th of April. The guest list for the
lfg8764
Gold Member
So i've always been interested in PC and finally attended a party a few weeks ago.

I spoke to the consultant vaguely about joining her team, but i had a few questions about the incentives / bonuses.I dont want her to get the wrong idea (that im just in it for the free/ discounted stuff) so i dont want to ask her. lol

so anyways i have 4 - 5 shows lined up, but they all want may shows becuase they want the pink items that will be a part of help whip cancer. So should i just wait til april to sign so that i can include all the may shows in my 30 days.

i'd like to try to start now, but i know for sure id have atleast a couple hundred bucks from my mom alone in may.

If you sign by April 15th then you could get in on the new/current recruiting incentive and still hold May shows within your 30 days (if you do them early!).

Can you get some people to host shows in April and then order products off other shows in May?

If you already have some shows tentatively lined up and you haven't even spoken to a consultant seriously then you are off to a fantastic start already!

If you can't get any shows for April then don't start right away. I would say mid to end of April. I suggest you try to do a "Mother's Day" special grand opening because shows submitted before April 30th will arrive before Mother's Day and people can get great gifts for the Mom's in their life.

My suggestion based on the information you've given, if you live in the continental US you would recieve your kit within a week of submitting your online agreement.
Sign up April 19th. Schedule your grand opening for the 27th of April and to close before the 30th. Make sure guests know to order for their moms, grandmas, aunts, etc.

Then make sure you schedule those May Shows for before the 20th. You'll have your first 30 days STOCKED with shows and opportunities!!

Does all that make sense? PM me if you need a bit more help figuring this out. Best of luck and welcome!

MLinAZ said:
If you sign by April 15th then you could get in on the new/current recruiting incentive and still hold May shows within your 30 days (if you do them early!).

Can you get some people to host shows in April and then order products off other shows in May?

If you already have some shows tentatively lined up and you haven't even spoken to a consultant seriously then you are off to a fantastic start already!

This is available until the 30th of April :D

lfg8764 said:
.I dont want her to get the wrong idea (that im just in it for the free/ discounted stuff) so i dont want to ask her. lol

Isn't that why we're all in it? For the freebies and incentives. ha.

Never hesitate to ask questions about any aspect of the business. We're all motivated by different things, and there's nothing wrong with going after the incentives. That's what motivates a lot of us.

keep in mind tho that you first 30 days really isn't just 30 days at all. My new consultants usually get about 38-41 days. They allowing shipping time in that so you really get about an extra week. I would try and schedule a grand opening though yourself mid to late April and then do as many shows as you can afterwards! your grand opening you may schedule many more as well! Best of luck to you!

What part of the country do you live in?

Don't be afraid to talk to your recruiter about bonuses and incentives. You SHOULD know about them. Working toward them gives you incentive to stretch. Many join for the carrots but many of us joined for other reasons but love the carrots. My director believed in spooning out info over time. I would rather have been told everything at the start. We all have our own styles. Make your goals clear to her but tell her that you also want to see the whole picture.

clshirk said:
Isn't that why we're all in it? For the freebies and incentives. ha.

lol... naw im actually in it for the business side... not necessaraly the money, though it does help, but more to prove to my self that i can be sucessful in running a business... the sucess of my pc business will determine if im cut out for business and whether or not i persue an mba... lol yeah i know alot of pressure.

But, if im gonna do it might as well get the most benefits :)

BethCooks4U said:
Don't be afraid to talk to your recruiter about bonuses and incentives. You SHOULD know about them. Working toward them gives you incentive to stretch. Many join for the carrots but many of us joined for other reasons but love the carrots. .

I agree. Talk to your recruiter about it. Open communication is always best.

I love the "carrots" and always try to earn them. They give them to us to help keep us motivated. I'm sure your recruiter will understand and be supportive. We want you to be successful and if you are earning the offered "carrots" you'll have a very successful business.

I currently have a gal that is waiting a few wks to sign for the same reason. I think it's smart thinking on her part. It's one of the big perks of this biz. Flex to work around our schedules and be able to work when "YOU" want.

Best of luck!

thanks all... so the general consensious seems to be star late april.

If if doesn't look like you will have any shows in April, then yes! Start late April so that you can maximize your potential earnings in your first 30/90 days. :DI recommended to one of my recruits to wait 3 weeks & sign at the end of February, so she could maximize her first 30/90 days. She did. She used the 3 weeks to work up to it all, invite lots of people to her starter show, etc. She signed on a Friday, did her 1st show the next day on Saturday and had $1,281+ in sales on Sunday. So she qualified before she even got her starter kit in the mail! She had 4 solid bookings at her show, one of which wants to sign as a recruit under her. She planned it out very well! And, since she waited 3 weeks to sign the contract, she now has an extra 3 weeks beyond her show to hold more shows and potentially earn more bonuses. :DIf you think you can, or you think you can't ... you're probably right!

lfg8764 said:
thanks all... so the general consensious seems to be star late april.

I just sent you a PM

This thread was so helpful! I am going to start in late April too, because of these helpful posts.

THANK YOU, (Sheila? I think?) for posting the brochures online.

One of my challenges is I'd be signing up under a consultant (my friend) who is going to be hanging up her apron in a few weeks. She's only in this temporarily (she's only done this for a few weeks, but is eager to sign me and she's a longtime PC customer), and I'm worried about the future support there, but she assures me there's some cluster thing in Tucson that will take me when she drops out, someone upline from her. Your thoughts?

Also, what's a PM?

I'm confused about costs too, running a business like this. I've NEVER done anything like it. :eek: Do I have to purchase catalogs? What does it mean when the fine print says I can use PC dollars on paperwork and supplies? A clearer picture of what I need to do would so greatly help. Thanks!

By the way... This is my first post and I also wanted to say how lucky I feel to have you all here as a resource. You are so uplifting, and here I am, not even started yet. You all give me suuuuuch hope, above and beyond PC stuff. Thank you all for having great attitudes and inspiring me.

-Nicole in Tucson

Rebelbug said:
This thread was so helpful! I am going to start in late April too, because of these helpful posts.

THANK YOU, (Sheila? I think?) for posting the brochures online.

One of my challenges is I'd be signing up under a consultant (my friend) who is going to be hanging up her apron in a few weeks. She's only in this temporarily (she's only done this for a few weeks, but is eager to sign me and she's a longtime PC customer), and I'm worried about the future support there, but she assures me there's some cluster thing in Tucson that will take me when she drops out, someone upline from her. Your thoughts?

Also, what's a PM?

I'm confused about costs too, running a business like this. I've NEVER done anything like it. :eek: Do I have to purchase catalogs? What does it mean when the fine print says I can use PC dollars on paperwork and supplies? A clearer picture of what I need to do would so greatly help. Thanks!

By the way... This is my first post and I also wanted to say how lucky I feel to have you all here as a resource. You are so uplifting, and here I am, not even started yet. You all give me suuuuuch hope, above and beyond PC stuff. Thank you all for having great attitudes and inspiring me.

-Nicole in Tucson

Congrats! When your friend hangs up her apron you'll roll up to her director. I have team members in TX (I live in NC) and we keep in close touch via email and phone and conference. It can work well. I would urge you to find hospitality - a meeting close to home. It's great to have that in person meeting and interaction with other consultants.

As far as costs, the main one (and the main advertizement for your business) is the catalog. Other than that and order forms, everything else is optional. Pampered Chef dollars are something you can earn as bonuses from time to time. New consultants have an opportunity to earn an unlimited amout in their first 90 days - depending on sales and recruiting that they do. They do offer a business building package in your first 60 days that is a great deal (saves you $$).

Ask away! And welcome to our little part of the world.

Oh, wow. How much are catalogs and order forms?

Rebelbug said:
Oh, wow. How much are catalogs and order forms?

You get 50 catalogs in your kit and another 50 in the business builder kit (that kit is $36 but the value is higher) and enough receipts for a long time in each (I think you get 100 in each and some Pampered Partner receipts in the BB kit).

When you need to purchase them the catalogs are $49 for 100 (or you can get 25 for $20) and the receipts are $9.50 for 100. There are also "Pampered Partner" receipts - paper with the guarantee, etc. info on the back that you can use to print off receipts from the program they give us. Those are $3 for 100.

a PM by the way is a pesonal message. look at the top right of your screen where it says your notifications. It will tell you if you have any by a # listed.

I personally don't order the order forms. I print off outside orders forms for each show (and bring my laptop-tho not required). the 3 part receipts are about $10 per $100. When my show is closed I use Pampered Partner receipts (receipts for your printer with guarantee on back) and they cost about $2.75 per 100. SO, much cheaper!

With your kit you will get of course the products listed, plus a bunch of paperwork to get you started. It included 50 catalogs plus a few extra inside the enclosed envelopes for your host packets, as well as a package of the 3 part receipts. So, you won't need to order any paperwork for a while. Catalogs cost $49 for 100 or $20 for 25. Much better deal to buy 100. You could always split an order with another consultant if you don't need quite that much.

When Should I Start?

1. What is the ideal age to start using Pampered Chef products?

There is no specific age requirement for using Pampered Chef products. Our products are designed to be safe and easy to use for people of all ages. Whether you are just starting your cooking journey or are an experienced chef, our products can help enhance your cooking experience.

2. Should I wait until I have more experience in the kitchen before using Pampered Chef products?

No, our products are designed to be user-friendly and can be used by anyone, regardless of their level of experience in the kitchen. Our recipe books and online resources provide step-by-step instructions for using our products, making it easy for anyone to get started.

3. Do I need to have a certain type of kitchen or cooking setup to use Pampered Chef products?

No, our products are versatile and can be used in any kitchen setup. Whether you have a small apartment kitchen or a large, professional-grade kitchen, our products can help you achieve great results in your cooking.

4. Should I start with a specific product or can I use multiple products at once?

It is completely up to you! Our products are designed to work well together, but you can also use them individually. We recommend starting with a product that interests you the most and then gradually incorporating other products into your cooking routine.

5. What are the benefits of starting to use Pampered Chef products now?

By starting to use our products, you can save time in the kitchen, create delicious and healthy meals, and impress your family and friends with your cooking skills. Our products are also durable and long-lasting, making them a great investment for your kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KarenMarie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • lfg8764
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • jeanniec