• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant She Signed With Tupperware, Ugh!

In summary, this recruit that I've been really working hard on getting to sign (not pushy, mind you) just signed with Tupperware! :(
ShelbyMichalek
So, this recruit that I've been really working hard on getting to sign (not pushy, mind you) just signed with Tupperware! :(
I'm soooo mad right now. Especially since I found out via Facebook. Her status "Taking another whirl at a home-based business. If anyone is interested in doing a Tupperware catalog show and earning free and half-price items for yourself, let me know!!!"
:eek:
She used to sell Avon and Signature Homestyles and had a bad experience with BOTH and that's why I was having such trouble signing her with PC because she didn't want to get burned again. But Tupperware? There are SOO many things WRONG with that!

I feel sooo pissed off! I really want to just SCREAM!:mad:

Wait! I promise you, she will quickly learn she made a "mistake". Don't give up-just be nice and patient. She may still come back to you. Just stay friendly in touch.

Oh of course I'll stay in touch, she's my husband's cousin's wife whom I must speak with during all family events AND her and I have been good friends since high school.
I think I'm mostly upset that she didn't TELL me! I had to find out via her FB post!

ShelbyMichalek said:
Oh of course I'll stay in touch, she's my husband's cousin's wife whom I must speak with during all family events AND her and I have been good friends since high school.
I think I'm mostly upset that she didn't TELL me! I had to find out via her FB post![/QUOTE]

I would be upset if I learned about her new adventure that way, rather then her telling me.

Hang in there.

I'm so sorry that she didn't tell you. I too would have hurt feelings and be very upset and yes probably angry. You invested alot of time and energy into her and common courtesy would have been to at least "share with you" what she has decided to do.
You could always write her on her site and congratulate her on her new adventure. Then she knows that you know. When she hears about how good you are doing-it won't be long til she is back wanting to sign with you. Be patient. If it is meant to be, it will work out.

I will never understand why people would do (or even buy) Tupperware compared to PC! New catalogs come out 3-4 times a year and each time, the colors are different! That is a lot of investment to me! I have a big TW bowl that is an "orchid" color. I lost the lid somewhere along the way but the lid that is now available clashes terribly with it! I had one of my Recruits have a group of her friends/hosts decide TW was better and cheaper (for what I am not sure) so no longer have shows for her. It is just nuts.

She'll Be BACK (in the Terminator voice) lol. Have faith!

Well, I put a comment on there that said "If you need help with anything let me know ;) except hosting a party, I don't think I can fit it in the schedule before I leave."
I may be moving to Biloxi, MS in the near future so I believe it's a good excuse. In all honesty, I really don't like their products.

Had something similar happen to me. A friend hosted one of my first shows and had no desire to even consider being a consultant. Then a few months later she sends me an mass email saying she's now selling usborne books and if anyone wants to host a show....

I love to read and all but I don't have any kids so that just doesn't appeal to me. But I was nice and forwarded the email on to some other friends who have kids and grandkids and such.

But now she hates it and no one wants to have a show....

ajhunt2 said:
Had something similar happen to me. A friend hosted one of my first shows and had no desire to even consider being a consultant. Then a few months later she sends me an mass email saying she's now selling usborne books and if anyone wants to host a show....

I love to read and all but I don't have any kids so that just doesn't appeal to me. But I was nice and forwarded the email on to some other friends who have kids and grandkids and such.

But now she hates it and no one wants to have a show....

One of my customers is an Usborne consultant. When I asked her about hosting a show, she says she only swaps shows with other consultants. I don't like the idea of a swap, as I wasn't sure who I would even invite.

The impression I did get from her was that she does better with book fairs and such, not shows.

Well aside from the "conflict" of selling both at the same show, she still can be a PC Consultant.

I think we have to remember that we're not the only good DS company out there guys. As much as I'd LOVE to recruit the people that I know who work for other DS companies, I know the reason they signed with them is because they felt like they could be passionate selling those products over ours. My sister-in-law is my best friend and signed up under my mom's neighbor to sell spa products. I personally think that in this economy people aren't going to be paying for such high quality products and my sister-in-law hasn't had much business but she truly felt better selling those products that she believes in rather than cooking products. She has lots of PC and LOVES them but isn't big on cooking, but she is big on skin care because she's always struggled with having really sensitive skin. So just remember that when people sign with other companies. If they all were as horrible as we feel (since we're biased to PC) then they would all go under!

I understand that I need to support her, but I know the only reason she went with Tupperware (I'm 99.999% sure of this based on our recruiting interviews) is because their start-up kit costs less. I really don't think (I could be wrong though) that she researched the company enough. Her and I talked just 2 weeks ago about the reasons we both hate Tupperware. Granted she had less reasons than I, but I got the feeling she wasn't that into it. I guess I was WAY wrong.

She probably put it on FB because she felt awkward about it and didn't know how to break the news to you. I would try to be understanding and supportive. I'm betting that she just didn't want to disappoint you.

Plastic_Cup_of_Stars said:
She probably put it on FB because she felt awkward about it and didn't know how to break the news to you. I would try to be understanding and supportive. I'm betting that she just didn't want to disappoint you.

Oh but the thing is, I'm more disappointed than mad. I've known her for years and I know her living situation more than any "upline" she might have now. I know so much about her and I think that Tupperware isn't the right place for her. In fact, I would recommend something like Partylite for her before I would recommend Tupperware. If she wasn't going to go the PC way (which is weird that she didn't because she's a firm believer in our products) there are several other companies I could recommend to her (I did my research before joining PC) and Tupperware isn't on that list.

I'm truly crying inside for her because I don't want to see this experience burn her the way the other experiences did but I have a really strong feeling it will.

Although it isn't my responsibility, I've offered to help her out with any business aspect of her new venture. I will not host a party for her, but I really want her to succeed in her life. She's 22 years old and has 3 children. Twin 3 year old boys and an (almost) 2 year old little girl. I've got a personal/emotional investment in this person and it hurts that she didn't sign with me, but it hurts me more because of what she's chosen.

I wonder if maybe she went Tupperware way because she thought I would be competition?
The strangest thing is, with me moving 1700 miles away this spring, she could've had SOO many loyal customers that I would've passed on to her (people she already does know) including our husbands' family (her DH and mine are cousins), her Mom and friends (of course!) and other local mutual friends of ours. I don't know if she totally understood this.

mrshamel3808 said:
As much as I'd LOVE to recruit the people that I know who work for other DS companies, I know the reason they signed with them is because they felt like they could be passionate selling those products over ours.

I agree...if you do not have passioin for what you are selling you will not do well. I think everyone needs a home based business, they just need to decide what kind...an I will be THERE to help make their decision as informed as possible....hoping they sign with PC.

jenniferm said:
I agree...if you do not have passioin for what you are selling you will not do well. I think everyone needs a home based business, they just need to decide what kind...an I will be THERE to help make their decision as informed as possible....hoping they sign with PC.

I know she would be passionate about PC. That actually wasn't the problem

Update:
She called me tonight and we talked like we always do. She explained that there were a few small reasons she chose Tupperware over PC and they have nothing to do with her loyalty to our brand or our friendship.

1) She doesn't want to do in home shows and she feels that Pampered Chef products NEED cooking shows in order to sell and that Tupperware not so much. I think I understand that.

2)She wants the modular mates and because she has very little cabinet space in her apartment (believe me, I don't think she really has ANY!) and wants them to help organize her space.

I'm glad we talked though and I feel better about it. Also, she hasn't ruled out Pampered Chef completely. It's not a "no" it's a "not right now" and I'm okay with that :D

I'm so happy she called you and the two of you talked. It does make a huge difference.
Also wanted to agree on the passion about what you are selling-sometimes it takes time for people to realize that but that is so true and very well said.

Sounds like she is emotionally invested with you, but kind of thinking short-term as far as the current/immediate selling aspect with the other company. We both know she has to be unusually successful -- and a little bit lucky to achieve much under the circumstances she is setting up for herself. So when your move is closer, call her back and tell her you aren't sure what you'll do with previous customers, would she be interested in a PC side business - and invite her again.

AAAAHHHHH! Help!!!! Ok after reading this post I'm extremely nervous because I'm working on getting my first recruit and I have a gal at my day job who came to a show I did and mentioned she's thinking of doing a home based business but she's looking at both Pampered Chef and Tupperware. So does anyone have any advice of little tid-bits that I can give her to help swing her our way. I know my grandmother has a lot of Tupperware but I'm not that familiar with there products never cared for them much so I don't want to "diss" on them but if she wants to make money then she defiantly wants to join PC

For one, Kelly, I know The Pampered Chef offers better and more focused training and support than Tupperware.
Tupperware product prices fluctuate A LOT which customers do not like.
Their products change about 3 times a year and if a customer needs a replacement lid or something, they'll be getting the new color, which could clash with their original container. (Also, new catalogs more often for the consultants)
They're not as natural to demonstrate as Pampered chef products. Think about it, we can show our products by USING them in the kitchen. Tupperware consultants can demonstrate how you put your cereal in them and put them in the cupboard..now how boring is that?
Their kits are of course cheaper, but they need to buy an upgrade kit each time the product colors change.

I can't think of anything more, but if you scroll to the bottom of this page under "Similar Threads" you might find some older threads that address your question.

Just concentrate on the positives of PC. Ask a lot of questions to find out what your potential consultant is looking to get out of her business. While it is possible to compare the two against each other, you don't want to do it too much, because you don't want to come across as bad-mouthing the other company.

Definitely find out what they want out of a DS business. While I think PC is one of the best out there it is not for everyone. If you know what they want and need you can tell them how PC can work for them.

When people say they are "researching" other companies, to me it means they want to do direct sales but they want a cheap kit to invest in because they feel they will lose their shirt and it looks more safe.

They do not realize that without any promotions they will stand to break even at the very least in 30 days.

Kit investment $155 plus tax
$1250 in sales...at a flat rate of 20% $250
Pampered Chef dollars...at minimum if they hit $1250 in sales $100

So with a little over $155 investment they would be at at a cash profit of around $95 with $500 in products from the kit they do not have to return and another $100 in products from PC dollars that they do not have to return.
Hmmmm...me thinks this sounds like a pot o' gold and St. Patrick's Day luck!

Well I have to say that it was a very happy surprise to see the new recruit incentive in my e-mail right before I went to my day job! I took that straight to the gal who was trying to decide between PC and TW. She's sold! After her husband's next paycheck she's signing up with me I am so tickled pink! Boy did PC really come through when I needed it to!! Have I said how much I love this business!

I'm glad you got things straightened out with your friend. I had a similar frustration recently with a recruit I met last summer and followed up with a couple of times in the fall. In returning to the area soon I called her again and she informed me she signed up with another consultant not too long after I spoke to her last. Apparently a friend's connection somehow. Not only that but she also recruited someone under her already....sighhhh

PC does, in my opinion, offer THE best host program!!!

I don't know of any other Direct Selling Company that offers their ENTIRE catalog at a discount of up to 30%!!!

I am fully upfront at all my shows, and I say "PC is not for everyone, but it is for everyone to try. Simply sell $1,250 in sales, and then you can walk away if you feel it's not for you."

We do a launch show, which I help them with, and that way they get even MORE free stuff! It's a total win/win situation!

Everybody has a kitchen and everybody needs to eat....and in addition to filling your kitchen with top quality tools, all these reasons are why PC is a great direct selling business!

outwhit420 said:
PC does, in my opinion, offer THE best host program!!!

I don't know of any other Direct Selling Company that offers their ENTIRE catalog at a discount of up to 30%!!! ......

I agree!! I was considering doing a show for this friend of mine to help her get started and I found that I would need a $250 show to get any benefits and to get the one product that I really want (cost $120) I would need to have a $2000 show :eek:

I told her I would do one when we get settled into our home later this fall. I do want that one product, but I'm not willing to spend that much on it.
For now I'm just ordering one product from her to help her qualify. They have a product called Smidget Containers. About 1/2 ounce each. Set of 6 for $3! $1 of it goes to Boys and Girls Club of America. That's why I'm buying. I can use them and the B&G Club is close to my heart for several reasons.

What is "She Signed With Tupperware, Ugh!" all about?

"She Signed With Tupperware, Ugh!" is a popular phrase used to express disappointment or frustration when a friend or family member becomes a consultant for a different direct sales company, such as Tupperware.

Why is it common for Pampered Chef consultants to encounter this phrase?

Pampered Chef is a well-known and reputable direct sales company, so it is not uncommon for consultants to encounter this phrase when others choose to sign with a different company.

What should I do if I hear this phrase from someone who knows I am a Pampered Chef consultant?

It is important to remember that everyone has different opinions and preferences, and it is okay for someone to choose a different direct sales company. Instead of feeling frustrated, try to understand their reasons for choosing a different company and continue to focus on your own business.

How can I respond to someone who uses this phrase without causing conflict?

A simple and respectful response could be, "I understand that you have chosen a different direct sales company, and that's okay. I am happy with my decision to be a Pampered Chef consultant and am here to support you in your own business endeavors."

Is it common for Pampered Chef consultants to switch to Tupperware or other direct sales companies?

It is not uncommon for consultants to switch between direct sales companies for various reasons, such as personal preferences or business opportunities. However, many Pampered Chef consultants are satisfied and successful with their business and choose to remain with the company long-term.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • mrshamel3808
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Leanna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies