• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Canadians on a Work Visa: Limitations and Opportunities in the US Job Market

In summary, a girl at a show last night declined the opportunity to join the business because she is on a work visa from Canada and is only allowed to have one employer. If she had been interested, she would need to find out if her visa type allows for independent contracting and if she could sign up under someone else in Canada. It is recommended to contact Pampered Chef's Career Solutions to inquire about this situation.
Chefcouts
I had a girl at a show last night and in the full-service checkout when I asked her if she'd be interested in the business she said no. Then she said that she's from Canada (Toronto, actually!) and is here in the US on a work visa and only allowed to have one employer or she may get booted from the country.

What if she had been interested? Would she be able to sign up under me? Would she sign up under someone else in Canada? Has anyone come across this situation? Thanks!

You would need to find out what her Visa type is - H1B or J-1. These Visas are employer sponsored. You would need to find out who sponsored her Visa. I have never come across this with Pampered Chef but do deal with this on a daily basis with Internal Medicine Residents in the hospital setting. We sponsor their H1B working Visa, but their spouses who are on a spousal Visa attached to theirs, are not able to work. I do not think she would be able to sign on as I doubt that she even has a social security number.

She seems to know that she is not able to sign because of the restrictions on her visa. If she were interested, you could refer her to a Canadian consultant to sign in Canada, and you could get a referral bonus, but if she did that, she could only sell in Canada, and I don't know how feasible that would be for her if she's here in the US.

My husband is a special agent for I.C.E. (Immigrations and Customs Enforcement)...I asked him and he said that she WOULD be allowed because she is not an employee of PC, that is considered to be an independant contractor which is different.

You should probably call HO - select the option for Career Solutions and ask them.

1. Can Canadians get a work visa for Pampered Chef?

Yes, Canadians are eligible to apply for a work visa to work for Pampered Chef in the United States. However, they must meet certain requirements and go through the proper application process.

2. How long does a work visa for Pampered Chef last?

The duration of a work visa for Pampered Chef depends on the specific type of visa that is granted. Typically, the initial work visa will be valid for 3 years, with the option to extend for an additional 3 years if needed.

3. What are the requirements for a work visa for Pampered Chef?

To qualify for a work visa for Pampered Chef, Canadians must have a valid job offer from the company and possess the necessary skills, education, and experience for the position. They must also pass a background check and provide any required documentation.

4. Can my family come with me on a work visa for Pampered Chef?

Yes, spouses and children of Canadian workers on a work visa for Pampered Chef can also apply for a dependent visa to join them in the United States. They will be able to live, study, and work in the US while the visa is valid.

5. Is it possible to apply for permanent residency while on a work visa for Pampered Chef?

Yes, it is possible for Canadians on a work visa for Pampered Chef to apply for permanent residency in the United States. However, they must meet certain requirements and go through the proper application process, such as obtaining a green card through employment sponsorship or applying for a change of status.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • lauradahl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • Sheila