• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How long does it take to receive the code for the pampered chef agreement?

In summary, an SSM, or service-specific modifier, is a code used in medical billing to indicate any specific circumstances or conditions that may affect payment for a particular medical service. The correct SSM to use depends on the specific circumstances and it is important to review documentation and guidelines provided by insurance companies. Using the appropriate SSM can potentially increase reimbursement, but it is important to use them ethically and with accurate documentation. Common mistakes when using SSMs include using incorrect codes and using modifiers without proper documentation. Multiple SSMs may be used on one claim, but it is important to follow coding guidelines and avoid using unnecessary or incorrect modifiers.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey everyone! I just had a host close her show tonight and she's using part of her free product credit to get her kit for $50!! :p Well, my question is How long does it usually take for me to get a code for to sign her agreement? She already has some shows lined up and can't wait to get started.
Also, how do I find out when her first SSM can be? She's definitely going to sign this week (with the code pending) and wants to qualify by March 31st. I was wondering if she can have April be her first month but try and qualify by the 31st so she can earn the pan. :confused: I'm sorry I'm so new to this, but not for long!!! I'm so excited for her!!!

Thanks in advance! :)

Congrats! It usually takes a few days to get the kit credit processed. In the mean time you might want to give/loan her some supplies so she can get started with her hosts. If she signs right now you will probably want her ss1 to be March. If you enter April then they won't sent out her kit until mid March.
Hope that helps!

If she...wants to start doing shows right away, you will want to have her put March as her fist SS month! You don't want to slow her success down by her having to wait until the middle of March to get her kit! :D

Congratulations! Sharing what you have is the best opportunity this job offers!

1. What is an SSM?

An SSM, or service-specific modifier, is a code used in medical billing to indicate any specific circumstances or conditions that may affect the payment for a particular medical service. These modifiers provide additional information to insurance companies and help ensure accurate and timely reimbursement.

2. How do I know which SSM to use?

The correct SSM to use will depend on the specific circumstances of the medical service being provided. It is important to carefully review the documentation and guidelines provided by insurance companies, as well as any specific coding guidelines for your particular specialty or region.

3. Can an SSM increase my reimbursement?

In some cases, using the appropriate SSM can result in increased reimbursement for a medical service. This is because the modifier provides additional information to insurance companies that may affect the payment amount. However, it is important to use modifiers ethically and only when they accurately reflect the services provided.

4. Are there any common mistakes when using SSMs?

One common mistake when using SSMs is using incorrect or outdated codes. It is important to regularly review and update your coding knowledge to ensure accurate and compliant billing. Additionally, using modifiers without proper documentation to support their use can result in denied claims and potential legal issues.

5. Can I use multiple SSMs on one claim?

Yes, in some cases multiple SSMs may be necessary to accurately describe the services provided. However, it is important to carefully follow coding guidelines and avoid using unnecessary or incorrect modifiers. Using multiple modifiers without proper documentation can also raise red flags for insurance companies and lead to denied claims.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • dwyerkim
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • amy07
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies