• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I talk to multiple consultants before choosing one?

In summary, the person is seeking advice on how to handle talking to two successful PC consultants who have been recommended to them by their wife. They are unsure of how to choose without creating friction down the line. Other forum members advise talking to both consultants and being honest about interviewing with multiple people before making a decision. It is important to have a good connection and receive strong upline support. Location may not be a crucial factor due to technology. It is also suggested to research the consultant's upline and to ask to speak to them before making a decision.
Paul in Colorado
I've decided to become a PC consultant.

I have a time set to talk with a director-level consultant about joining up. Without my knowledge, my wife has also set me up to talk with another consultant. Both are very successful. I'd like to talk to both and choose but am not sure if I'm going to create some friction down the line.

Advice?

Also, I'm glad I found this forum - from all I've been reading, seems like a great support group.

Paul

I would sit and talk with both of them cause frankly once you sign on the dotted line you are stuck with whomever you choose!! Feel them out and figure out which of them them you prefer to deal with. Then make your decision from there. Best of luck and welcome to the Pampered Chef Family.

It is very important that you are comfortable working with the person who you sign with, because you will be working with them a lot. Just be honest with both people and they should both understand. And if they don't, that might be a sign that you don't want to work with them...

I agree totally! You must feel that "connection" or you'll feel left in the dark. Where in CO are you?

The one thing I would add is to let them know that you are basically interviewing to see who you would like to sign with. Folks get pretty excited about an interview, and by letting them know that you are talking to other consultants, you're being honest and upfront.

You are way ahead of a lot of folks by knowing ahead of time about the importance of finding the right upline!

One thing I would ask is about upline support. While I love my Director (and she is now my "BFF"), had I known about issues with her upper levels before I signed, I would probably had picked a different line. We get very little support from her upline, and it's frustrating (she doesn't get much either, no matter how much she asks or how much is promised). So, ask them about their relationship with their upline and how much support they get. Ask who their NED's are, and if they are different, do some research about them.

I agree that you should go with your gut instinct - the one you think will give you the most support. ;)Congrats on making the decision to start your new business!!!! :D

I agree--talk with them both, but let them know you're talking to someone else. It's imperative that you feel really comfortable with your director. Plus, frankly, I think their response to that information will tell you a lot.

I am in the Denver area.This would be my first experience with an MLM-type business but I've seen what friends and family have done with other brands. Upline support always seemed important so I'm glad that I'm talking to both. I also wanted someone in my general part of town.Phone conversations with both have been good but one of them sounds more "connected" than the other at this point.

nikked said:
...Ask who their NED's are, and if they are different, do some research about them.

How would I "research" them?

You'll find this to be an easy and best paying job you've ever had. Treat like a biz, work it everyday and the results will match.

Also, know that much of your support will come via phone calls and emails, in addition to the online training and biz guide provided by the company. With today's technology, location is not as crucial as it might once have been. There are cluster meetings, once a month, for you to attend. Even if your recruiter is not in Denver, there's hospitality available where you still get the same benefit.

I have several team members who are not local, and they just skype in for my meetings. They've not suffered due to distance.

Good luck with your decision! :)

NED's are good, but so far up that it would not be the most impt factor. Most PC reps are generous in sharing knowledge and sites like this are also good tools for helping him. Remember, all NED's are all in that position because they all worked hard to get there. ;)

I think who they will be in most direct contact (recruiter, director and AD) are more important.

Paul in Colorado said:
How would I "research" them?

You could ask to speak to them. Or ask us :D

What is recruit etiquette?

Recruit etiquette refers to the proper manners and behavior expected of individuals who are actively seeking employment. It includes how to interact with potential employers, follow up after interviews, and conduct oneself during networking events.

Why is recruit etiquette important?

Recruit etiquette is important because it can greatly impact an individual's chances of securing a job. Employers are not only looking for qualified candidates, but also individuals who exhibit professionalism, respect, and good communication skills.

What are some examples of good recruit etiquette?

Examples of good recruit etiquette include dressing appropriately for interviews, arriving on time, being courteous and respectful to everyone you interact with, and sending thank-you notes after interviews. It also involves being honest and transparent about your qualifications and goals.

What are some mistakes to avoid in recruit etiquette?

Some common mistakes to avoid in recruit etiquette include being unprepared for interviews, being too casual or informal in your communication, being late or canceling last minute, and not following up after interviews. It is also important to avoid lying or exaggerating your qualifications.

How can I improve my recruit etiquette?

To improve your recruit etiquette, you can research and learn about proper interview and networking etiquette, practice your communication skills, and seek feedback from others. It is also helpful to be aware of cultural differences and adapt your approach accordingly. Additionally, being genuine, respectful, and professional in all your interactions can greatly improve your recruit etiquette.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJami83
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pinkunicorn