• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Respond to a Comment Someone Made

can't just ask her that!) and what her thoughts were on the experience. I also think it's a good idea to attach a flyer to the email (with a link) with all the details about the rebate.
babywings76
Gold Member
On FaceBook today, I just mentioned that I was trying out the new muffin pan with the Apple Oat Muffins. Then I came back and said how it was great, but I prefer my stoneware. The new one is a great alternative for people who don't like stoneware or if it's too heavy for them.

So a woman who was from my church where I lived in NJ growing up wrote:

"I really should go back to selling the stuff (I did it for a year before we found out Andrew had autism)--it's the one product I REALLY love and totally use every single day of my life--everything you cook with it comes out perfect. There--how's that for a free plug???? :D"

So, how would you respond? I know I won't discuss it openly on FB. I should send her a private email or something. But I just don't know what to say. And then I feel like I should put some sort of light-hearted response on FB so that when other people read it they won't think I'm rude for not responding. KWIM?

For myself, I would probably say something on FB like "ohhh, now you know that I can't just let that go by without a comment! Thanks for the GREAT plug, and I'm going to message you with some interesting info!"

Then I would message her with the recruiting info for Feb!

Sounds perfect, thanks! :)

That's a great response :)

On the FB messaging, is there a way to attach a file? I only see a way to attach a link or photo. Should I just explain the promo and have her check out my site? Or should I just get her e-mail address from FB and send her an e-mail through my regular e-mail program?

If you can, get her phone number and call her! Many people have a phone number in their info tab.

She doesn't list her phone number. But I decided that I'd send her an e-mail from my regular mail program so I can attach the recruiting flyer.I'm so bad with figuring out the perfect thing to say. Nothing too pushy, but inviting. Something that doesn't sound like a solicitation, but sounds informing and intriguing. Any wording ideas?I was thinking of starting with something like this:I didn't know that you used to be a Pampered Chef consultant! What year was it? How was your experience with it? Is it something that you'd like to look into doing again? I'd love to help answer any questions you might have. For the month of February, Pampered Chef is offering a 50% rebate on the New Consultant Kit. If you sell $1250 (about 4 shows on average) in your first 30 days, they will reimburse you 50% of the cost of the kit. I'm attaching the flyer so you can see the full details.I'd love to talk to you and see if this might be something you'd like to look into. Here's my number: xxxx You can also find some more information about the business from my website: www.xxxxxxWhat do you think? Anything else I should say? Something else entirely?

babywings76 said:
She doesn't list her phone number. But I decided that I'd send her an e-mail from my regular mail program so I can attach the recruiting flyer.

I'm so bad with figuring out the perfect thing to say. Nothing too pushy, but inviting. Something that doesn't sound like a solicitation, but sounds informing and intriguing.

Any wording ideas?

I was thinking of starting with something like this:

I didn't know that you used to be a Pampered Chef consultant! What year was it? How was your experience with it? Is it something that you'd like to look into doing again? I'd love to help answer any questions you might have.

For the month of February, Pampered Chef is offering a 50% rebate on the New Consultant Kit. If you sell $1250 (about 4 shows on average) in your first 30 days, they will reimburse you 50% of the cost of the kit. I'm attaching the flyer so you can see the full details.

I'd love to talk to you and see if this might be something you'd like to look into. Here's my number: xxxx You can also find some more information about the business from my website: www.xxxxxx

What do you think? Anything else I should say? Something else entirely?

From her post, I would assume that she had a good experience with PC, and that it's in her mind to possibly do it again - so I would ask her when she was a consultant (you might be able to figure that out, since she said she quit when her son was diagnosed w/ autism...) and then I would let her know about some of the great changes and new products w/ PC, and let her know about the Feb. Special.

How about this?I didn't know that you used to be a Pampered Chef consultant! What year was it? Just last year, PC made some changes to their business structure. They've made it so that you can get more benefits sooner when you recruit. And you only have to sell $150 a month to be considered active. It's only after 2 months of inactivity that you lose your career sales (kind of like before, just it used to be that you had to sell $200 in those 2 months). So now, it's easier to stay active.Also, I know their host benefits plan is different than years ago, but I'm not sure what year they changed it. It might be the same as when you were selling, but I'm not sure. I love how we are one of the most generous Direct Sales companies out there. They have come out with some great new products and have updated some old favorites to improve their function or to give them a face lift to keep things looking up to date. I'm attaching a flyer of the latest promotion that they are offering for new consultants. If you were to sign by Feb. 28th and sell $1250 in your first 30 days (about 4 shows on average), you would get a 50% rebate on your New Consultant Kit.I've really had a fun time with my business and I'd love to help you if you are interested in learning more. Have you seen a catalog lately? I can send you out some information. You can look through some things and we can talk more about any questions you might have.

Uggh, rereading that I don't think I like it...Back to the drawing board..

bumping...Got busy doing dinner and dealing w/ the kids and stuff. Any ideas? Is what I had written okay or should I tweak it?

If it were me, I'd keep the first sentence. After that I'd simply tell her that there have been a lot of changes in the last year or so, and you'd be glad to share those with her. I'd then ask if she'd like a new catalog. But, that's me.

I agree with Rae, keep it very simple!

Okay, so I think this is what I'm sending:You surprised me earlier on Face Book--I didn't know that you used to be a Pampered Chef consultant! What year was it? There's been a lot of changes in the past year or so, and I'd be glad to share those with you.Would you like me to send you a new catalog? (I'm going to attach a couple flyers to this e-mail just in case you're a little curious to see some of the latest promotions) :D

babywings76 said:
Okay, so I think this is what I'm sending:

You surprised me earlier on Face Book--I didn't know that you used to be a Pampered Chef consultant! What year was it? There's been a lot of changes in the past year or so, and I'd be glad to share those with you.

Would you like me to send you a new catalog?

(I'm going to attach a couple flyers to this e-mail just in case you're a little curious to see some of the latest promotions) :D

I think that sounds good!

I'll keep you posted if anything turns out from this. :) Thanks for being my sounding board. :D

I would change "what year" to "how long has it been?" ... then go into the fact that the new career plan went into effect April of last year ...Oh, and if you haven't already replied to the FB comment, don't forget to! You can put something like "I'd love to have you on my team! I'm going to e-mail you (or I just e-mailed you)"Good LUCK!!

1. How should I respond to a negative comment someone made?

It's important to respond to negative comments with empathy and professionalism. Acknowledge the person's concerns and offer a solution or apology if necessary. It's also a good idea to take the conversation offline to address the issue privately.

2. What is the best way to respond to a compliment?

When someone gives you a compliment, the best response is a simple "thank you." You can also express your gratitude and appreciation for the kind words. Avoid downplaying the compliment or redirecting the conversation.

3. Should I respond to every comment someone makes?

It's not necessary to respond to every comment, especially if they are repetitive or don't require a response. However, it's important to acknowledge and respond to comments that are relevant or require a response, such as questions or feedback.

4. How do I respond to a comment that is offensive or inappropriate?

If someone makes a comment that is offensive or inappropriate, it's important to address it in a calm and professional manner. You can politely let the person know that their comment is inappropriate and ask them to refrain from making similar comments in the future.

5. How can I respond to a comment that I don't agree with?

If someone makes a comment that you don't agree with, it's important to respond respectfully and avoid getting into a heated argument. You can express your differing opinion and provide facts or evidence to support your viewpoint, but avoid attacking the person personally.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Chef Kearns
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • AJPratt