• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Help My New Recruits Succeed While Waiting for Their Starter Kit?

In summary, Shelia encourages her recruits to wait until 2-3 days before their starter show to sign up, so they have more days after their starter show for additional bookings.
plrodriguez73
I need some help looking for the info on "waiting for your starter kit, what to do while i wait!" I can't find that info ANYWHERE! Please help!! I want to be a good leader and these two recruits are soooo excited, I just want to help them acheive their goals!!!!!

Hi! I just did a quick search under the Files for the word "wait" and there's a whole list of documents titled things like "what to do while waiting for your starter kit". I'm sure some are repeats, so i didn't want to repost them. Hope that helps! :)

And congrats!!! :)

I have my new recruits do their own show. If they've been to my shows before, I have them be in charge & I'm just there to answer questions & oversee them doing the full service checkout. If they've not been to one of my shows, I invite them along to watch & learn or I go do their starter show & let them learn how I do the interactive demos & then train them during the full service checkouts (they do it, but I'm explaining it as they go - in front of the customer). Usually the starter shows are with my tools, catalogs & order forms, but I'll print labels with their info & stick it on new catalogs & order forms so that the guests walk away with THEIR info vs. mine.I then train them on how to do the data entry, review & submit the shows in person.Any bookings off of their starter show is their bookings to help get them up & off the ground.I've got 4 now and not one has used the $20 or $40 kit credit. They have all opted to pay for the kit & get the commission check and start earning the incentives that are offered for the first 30/90 days. The first two earned 100 PC Dollars each, #3 earned 550 PC Dollars and #4 just signed 2 nights ago. #5 is scheduled to sign on Friday & her 1st show is Saturday. Our average shows out here are $750, so they normally are reimbursed their kit cost with their first commission check.If you are doing $750 a month in personal sales, once they are both active you will take on the title of Team Leader & you will be eligible for "starter boxes" which have all the paperwork for a new recruit. If you are going to start recruiting hot & heavy, it might benefit you to have some on hand to give to the new recruit so that they can start taking catalog orders right away.I buy catalogs in 100's. So far, I've already had enough on hand to just give to the recruit and haven't had to worry about it. Yes, it's a little more out of pocket, but watching them hit the ground running & start earning the PC Dollars is well worth it! The more they earn, the more apt they are to be excited & keep going which means the more overrides I will earn in the long run. VERY well worth it to me! Actually #4 is my first one to sign without a show lined up already! She is a past consultant who thought that she was still in the 6 month window. I got her motivated to go get active, offering to help train her (she had only done 6 shows) and let her come to my cluster meetings for support. She wanted to transfer to me, but I told her Corporate doesn't allow that ... but I would still be her mentor even though she's not in my downline. She went home super excited & motivated, tried to sign in & learned that she was outside the 6 month window. She e-mailed asking for help on how to get started. I called thinking she was doing a typo on her consultant number or password, but NOPE! Her 6 months had expired. She went to my web page while we were on the phone & signed up under me. Adamant that she did NOT want to go back to her old director who didn't train or support her. Their loss, my gain! :DBut normally, I encourage them to wait until 2-3 days before their starter show to sign up, that way they have more days after their starter show for additional bookings. I want them to earn as MUCH as they possibly can earn!!!

Thank you soooo much!!

Wow Shelia! You sound like an excellent leader! I'm trying to start recruiting and I will def be taking some tips from you!

Thanks Jenn! Think about recruiting like swimming. If you prepare them first (swim lessons etc.) before they get brave & jump in the water, they are more likely to enjoy being in the water. If you push them in and they don't know how to swim, they will either learn very quickly or panic and be so scared that they won't want to go back in the water. I prefer the "prepared" approach to recruiting over the "sink or swim" approach. I'm a retired Police Dispatcher and supervisor - & learned a LONG time ago that it's much easier to train ONE person who can handle the job and will stay for 10 or so years over training 10 people who just aren't cut out for it & will only stay a few months. ;) I want my recruits to feel confident in their ability and have the training and the desire to keep going. I'm still pretty new at recruiting, just started 5 months ago, but so far, they have all remained active! (((fingers crossed))) #2 & #3 have already submitted over $1,000 each this month. #1 hasn't closed her first one yet but will be active this month. And like I said, #4 just jumped in & signed 2 nights ago. #5 is signing on Fri & has her show on Sat. I've already told her about the double incentive points & that she'll get paid on the 8th if she submits it by the 28th, so I think that's her game plan. I should have at least 4 of the 5 active this month & I told #4 last night to start introducing herself to her new neighbors (she just moved here last month), let them know that she's a PC consultant & new in the neighborhood & to see if she could at least throw together a catalog show by the end of the month to help her earn as many PC Dollars in her first 30/90 days as possible. I'm hoping she'll be active this month too! :D

What does it mean to have "2 Recruits in 1 Wk"?

Having "2 Recruits in 1 Wk" means that you have successfully recruited two individuals to join your team or organization within a span of one week.

How did you manage to recruit two individuals in just one week?

The specific strategies and techniques used to recruit these individuals may vary, but some common methods include networking, referrals, job postings, social media outreach, and targeted advertising.

What should I do now that I have two recruits?

Congratulations on the successful recruitment! Now, it is important to onboard and train your new recruits, introduce them to the team and company culture, and provide them with the necessary resources and support to help them succeed in their new roles.

How can I maintain this level of recruitment success in the future?

To maintain a consistent level of recruitment success, it is important to have a well-defined and effective recruitment strategy in place, continuously network and build relationships, and regularly evaluate and improve your recruitment processes.

What are the benefits of having two recruits in one week?

Hiring two individuals in one week can bring numerous benefits, such as increasing the team's productivity and diversity, bringing in fresh perspectives and ideas, and potentially reducing the time and resources spent on the recruitment process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
bgupton
  • jessinthekitchen