• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Possible 1St Recruit, Help Me With Our Interview!

maybe you could address each one?1. They are currently working full-time and don't think they can commit to a show every month2. They are concerned about their family's health and how they will be able to take time off work to travel3. They are worried about how they will be able to keep up with the trainingAsk them, On a scale of 1-10, 10 being Sign Me Up!...where are you in terms of joining? When they give you a number, say...ok, what's keeping you from signing?
ShelbyMichalek
First of all, thanks for reading this! I need soo much help.

I've seen/heard all the recruiting training online (and will watch them all again right before the interview) but I feel unsure of myself still.:confused:

This recruit just kind of appeared out of the blue. My original first recruit just picked up more hours at her other job and said she couldn't handle it right now (though I have her on my schedule for an April show!) and I really want the extra incentive points I'll get for recruiting a person this month since it was announced at Spring Launch.
I decided to call a friend, who just hosted a show in January, and tell her about the opportunity (i didn't before and I'm kicking myself for not doing it then!). She was REALLY excited about it and said she would have to run everything by her husband first.

Someone gave me the idea of having a recruiting interview and including her husband, so I texted her and got her schedule for the next week so I can set up an interview time/date.:thumbup:

Now I just need some sort of idea on how to do this interview and how to incorporate her husband in to the regular recruiting interview. Help! Has anyone done a really successful recruiting interview with a spouse there? Any tips or suggestions? This is my first recruit interview and I don't want to mess up!

The most important thing is to simply answer her (and his) questions. Ask her what appeals to her about PC. Listen, and ask them both what questions they have. It's really that simple. Just don't forget, as the interview is winding down, to ask her if she's ready to sign up. If she says yes, be prepared to help her do that. If she says no, ask if there is anything more you can tell her to help her decide.

My AD told me the other night not to think of it as an interview. You're just answering what questions you can that they have to make an informed decision. (wow, that sounds like they are interviewing you, huh!)

Krista Burson said:
My AD told me the other night not to think of it as an interview. You're just answering what questions you can that they have to make an informed decision. (wow, that sounds like they are interviewing you, huh!)

Technically, they are! It's not like we are interviewing THEM and then deciding if we will "hire" them or not. They are interviewing us and deciding if they want to come work for our company.

Don't OVERwhelm them with tons of details.
Do you have a recruiter/director who could go with you- that you are comfortable with doing that? I know my director and SD have both told me that if I have a recruit-lead/interview, that I can ask the prospect if it's ok "if my friend who helped me get started, gives you a call? She was great at helping me with my questions." Maybe you could do that but see if she's available to go WITH you as your friend who helped get you started. Most people would be fine with that- you're being honest about being new, and they'd know they are getting the answers they need too.

esavvymom said:
Don't OVERwhelm them with tons of details.
Do you have a recruiter/director who could go with you- that you are comfortable with doing that? I know my director and SD have both told me that if I have a recruit-lead/interview, that I can ask the prospect if it's ok "if my friend who helped me get started, gives you a call? She was great at helping me with my questions." Maybe you could do that but see if she's available to go WITH you as your friend who helped get you started. Most people would be fine with that- you're being honest about being new, and they'd know they are getting the answers they need too.

My recruiter is actually getting out of the business and has never really done a recruiting interview, I just signed up because I wanted to and she was the only one in the area I knew to sign up under. Her upline is actually our director and would probably love to be there, but she lives in Wisconsin (I live in Northern MN)

What about getting everybody (including your director in Wisconsin) on a three way call and letting everybody talk that way?

Honestly, just breathe. First off, Congrats! =)

Ask them, On a scale of 1-10, 10 being Sign Me Up!...where are you in terms of joining?
When they give you a number, say...ok, what's keeping you from signing?

They'll list a few of their concerns. LISTEN (NO TALKING, NO QUICK REBUTTALS). Once they've mentioned their concerns/fears/questions, you go from there. Answer everything honestly and as best as you can. I've done a few with the hubby's there, which I actually prefer. They can hear the great advantages and opportunity available....then the recruit starts off with a husband in full support. There's no difference if he is there or not. You will hear questions and concerns, and then you will address them.

I recommend you take a tele-course. It was AMAZING and helped me see how to use the Come Join Us Book as a tool. Much more in depth than the 20 m online course. If you have the time, register for one or listen to the recorded version.

Make the "interview" about them and their questions. Keep the focus only on what they say. Ask questions that are open ended....meaning ones that can not be answered with a simple yes or no. It gives you more insight into what they're feeling.

HTH

To update anyone:

We're doing a 3 way instant messaging convo on MSN tonight because our schedules just dont seem to "click" at all in the next week (even though I offered for them to have dinner with me Sunday evening). I'll be available to them by phone and such during our interview, but I pray that it goes well.

Crosses fingers
>.<

Quick prayer and lots of good wishes for you and your interview! Here's to a new recruit!

Okay, so it went okay. Her hubby wasn't in on it. She's going to spend the next week convincing him she wants his support and finding hosts (she's ready to find hosts!!). If all goes as planned, she signs on Feb 26th in the P.M. so that I can be available to guide her through submission.

Crosses fingers again that I can keep my lip zipped for the next week and not screw anything up.... >.<

Prayers would be much appreciated!!

Prayers said, Shelby.

Thank you Rae! I know it's kind of a silly thing to pray about, but I know leads can turn cold if you don't have them sign right away. I know she'll love the biz, it's just a matter of her hubby's support.

I actually got to talk to my husband last night and asked him to name 10 reasons why HE loves my Pampered Chef business, I think he could only get down 4, but sometimes I wonder what other husbands think.

So Cheffers (men too!) I have a project for you! (maybe this should be a new thread...but I hope enough people see this one)

Ask your significant other what their top ten reasons they love YOUR Pampered Chef business are. And please post up here, thanks!!

Jon's Reasons:
1. It keeps her happy and she loves doing it.
2. It brings in some extra cashflow.
3. She's happier and therefore I have a less naggy wife. (yes, he went there)
4. It gets her out of the house when she needs a break from stress. (This one is the reason I forgave #3 ;) )

My Husband said:1. She loves it.
2. She has to practice cooking on me.
3. She makes a car payment each month... and sometimes extra.

Congrats Shelby on the interview. Sounds like she's excited, and if she's looking for bookings....that's a great sign! Will pray that her hubby hops on board and she signs as planned.

Love the idea of asking the hubby's. Will ask mine when he's up.

1. What qualities are you looking for in a potential recruit?

We are looking for individuals who are motivated, reliable, and have a strong work ethic. We also value good communication skills, teamwork abilities, and a positive attitude.

2. Can you tell me about the company culture?

Our company values diversity, collaboration, and innovation. We strive to create a positive and inclusive work environment where employees can grow and thrive.

3. What are the main responsibilities of this position?

The main responsibilities of this position include [insert specific responsibilities here]. However, we are also looking for someone who is willing to take on new challenges and contribute to the overall success of the company.

4. How does this position fit into the overall goals of the company?

This position is crucial to the success of our company as it [insert how the position contributes to company goals]. We are looking for someone who is aligned with our company's mission and is eager to help us achieve our goals.

5. Can you provide more information about the training and development opportunities for this position?

We are committed to investing in our employees' growth and development. The chosen candidate will have access to [insert specific training and development opportunities here]. We also encourage and support employees who want to pursue further education or certifications related to their role.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • Jolie_Paradoxe