• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Get 8 Recruits in Just 8 Weeks?

In summary, he said the following: - Create a compelling story - Choose your business partners (he said there were 4 questions to ask yourself, but I only caught two: Who would be talented in this business? Who would benefit that doesn't know it?) - Schedule 30 parties within 8 weeks and hold 24 - Invite your talented, interested and potential guests to a celebration party
NooraK
Gold Member
So... Tammy Stanley did a free call with Steve Wiltshire Wednesday night and Friday morning. I figured free means "we'll give you a taste then try to sell you more," but I also figured I couldn't lose anything by about an hour of my time. I didn't listen very well, there were tons of distractions going on around my house, but I did manage to write down the 12 principles he said will get you 8 recruits in 8 weeks, and I thought I'd share.

1. (I missed the statement, he kind of mumbled it) How great is your belief in this industry?
  2. Distinguish your mission and purpose
  3. Create your compelling story
  4. Choose your business partners (he said there were 4 questions to ask yourself, but I only caught two: Who would be talented in this business? Who would benefit that doesn't know it?)
  5. Schedule 30 parties within 8 weeks and hold 24
  6. Invite your talented, interested and potential guests to a celebration party
  7. Design a stellar opportunity commercial that leaves others saying "I want what she has"
  8. Hand out 32 opportunity gifts in 8 weeks and you will get 8 new recruits
    • Gift bag with tissue paper (dollar store stuff, but tissue paper is very important
    • Personal card written from you, he uses ones with an inspirational quote "I want to extend an invitation to meet you for starbucks/glass of wine/soda at McDonalds to share more about ________" (He did say opportunity is not the best word to use here, but I didn't catch what he did say to use)
    • Opportunity Brochure - no contract, details anything implying a commitment, you're just "dating" your lead
    • Gift of some kind - Sample of product, starbucks card, chocolates, something small
    • When giving the gift, resist the urge to explain everything that's in there, just give it, get a number, and call in a day or two
  9. Turn your host coaching appointment into an interview
  10. Design an opportunity invtation call sript that conveys your conviction and commitment
  11. Create a stellar interview that instills hope and possibility for others
  12. Identify environments and activities that allow you to serve, connect and share your opportunity.
He really rushed through the last 3. The one thing that really interested me was the opportunity gifts (thus the most details :D). I like the Opportunity Gift idea. It flatters the prospect, and a gift makes them feel like they should at least take your call. He said to give it to them pretty nonchalantly, "Hey, before you go, I just have a little something for you." It makes them feel special. He kept comparing recruiting to dating, which was funny but made sense. "You would be great at this!" is a pick-up line, and gets a similar reaction. He says you want to court and woo your prospect, compliment them, give them gifts and so forth.

Of course, the other part was that it's a numbers game. The more people you talk to and are in front of (24 shows in 8 weeks), the more leads and new recruits you'll have.

I also liked the idea of the celebration party. He said he'd do it quarterly when he was in direct sales, and in the month following such a party he'd have his highest numbers of new recruits.

I've heard that if you even get one thing out of a training, it's worth the money you spent on it. Hopefully taking what I liked will pay off and double my investment :D

Thank you so much for this!!! I was signed up to do the call. I had it in my phone to remind me. I was busy organizing some things for an event next week when the phone went off, did DH think to let me know? NO!!! He even read it "training call 10:15am" ugh...Love the gift Idea too! We are organizing an Opp event on tuseday and we are making up goody bags for the attendees. Thanks! This rocks!

I was on there too- really liked it!
Are you going to take his e-course?

No, I don't have the budget to spend money on something like that. I'll take what I can from the free stuff and just work the numbers.

You'll be entitled to a free replay. I signed up knowing that I would be in a workshop at the time so I could get it. (Tammy's idea as we were discussing something else.)

Thanks, Noora for this! I was scheduled to be on the call and then we had stuff with our son and it never happened.

Rae, could you send me the info on the free replay? I heard him say something like that, but didn't catch it all, and it almost sounded like it was just for the Friday call.

NooraK said:
So... Tammy Stanley did a free call with Steve Wiltshire Wednesday night and Friday morning. I figured free means "we'll give you a taste then try to sell you more," but I also figured I couldn't lose anything by about an hour of my time. I didn't listen very well, there were tons of distractions going on around my house, but I did manage to write down the 12 principles he said will get you 8 recruits in 8 weeks, and I thought I'd share.

1. (I missed the statement, he kind of mumbled it) How great is your belief in this industry? I got: Identify Your Beliefs
    On a scale of 1-10 How great is your belief in the industry? In the company? In what you offer to those who join?
  2. Distinguish your mission and purpose
  3. Create your compelling story
  4. Choose your business partners (he said there were 4 questions to ask yourself, but I only caught two: Who would be talented in this business? Who would benefit that doesn't know it?)
    I got: Who would be talented in the business? Who has expressed interest in the past? Who would you LOVE to work with? Who would benefit from this business?
  5. Schedule 30 parties within 8 weeks and hold 24
  6. Invite your talented, interested and potential guests to a celebration party
  7. Design a stellar opportunity commercial that leaves others saying "I want what she has"
  8. Hand out 32 opportunity gifts in 8 weeks and you will get 8 new recruits
    • Gift bag with tissue paper (dollar store stuff, but tissue paper is very important
    • Personal card written from you, he uses ones with an inspirational quote "I want to extend an invitation to meet you for starbucks/glass of wine/soda at McDonalds to share more about ________" (He did say opportunity is not the best word to use here, but I didn't catch what he did say to use) I wrote down that you're supposed to write on the right hand side of the card something like, "I want to extend an invitation for you to join me out for drinks/lunch/coffee to learn more about The Pampered Chef." On the left hand side, you write something that is playful and energetic. Like, "Great meeting you!"
    • Opportunity Brochure - no contract, details anything implying a commitment, you're just "dating" your lead
    • Gift of some kind - Sample of product, starbucks card, chocolates, something small
    • When giving the gift, resist the urge to explain everything that's in there, just give it, get a number, and call in a day or two.
  9. Turn your host coaching appointment into an interview
    A mini-interview. Because, if you knew that they were interested in the business, then the show and bookings could've been there's to have a great start with.
  10. Design an opportunity invtation call script that conveys your conviction and commitment
  11. Create a stellar interview that instills hope and possibility for others
  12. Identify environments and activities that allow you to serve, connect and share your opportunity.
He really rushed through the last 3. The one thing that really interested me was the opportunity gifts (thus the most details :D). I like the Opportunity Gift idea. It flatters the prospect, and a gift makes them feel like they should at least take your call. He said to give it to them pretty nonchalantly, "Hey, before you go, I just have a little something for you." It makes them feel special. He kept comparing recruiting to dating, which was funny but made sense. "You would be great at this!" is a pick-up line, and gets a similar reaction. He says you want to court and woo your prospect, compliment them, give them gifts and so forth.

Of course, the other part was that it's a numbers game. The more people you talk to and are in front of (24 shows in 8 weeks), the more leads and new recruits you'll have.

I also liked the idea of the celebration party. He said he'd do it quarterly when he was in direct sales, and in the month following such a party he'd have his highest numbers of new recruits.

I've heard that if you even get one thing out of a training, it's worth the money you spent on it. Hopefully taking what I liked will pay off and double my investment :D

Also, when you call to invite them to a Celebration party, it's less sales-pitchy. When you do a regular call to get someone to host and are like, "Hi, I met you at such and such place. It was great to meet you. You mentioned that you might be interested in hosting sometime. We have some great host specials coming up, just wondering if you'd like to schedule something." It's totally a telemarketing call. People won't trust you. It sounds like you are a salesperson. He said it's like (I normally wouldn't say this, but this is what he said...) asking for sex on the first date.

By inviting them to a Celebration party, you are honoring them. "Hey, it would be great to have you. We'll have some great food, we'll get to visit and have some fun." You offer them great food and a great experience.

He said when you make your calls, when you are leaving a message, ALWAYS push the button that will let you hear it again. Listen to yourself. Would you call yourself back? If you had someone call you and leave you that message, what would you think?

Also, he said recruiters are curious. You should ask about them. What is their life like? How are things for them? What do they need?

Another thing he talked about was at a regular show, don't start off with a long introduction and commercial. At the end of the demo you can say "How are we doing? We having fun? I want to thank you for being with me tonight." Then go into your commercial. Explain how you want to help others create their own strong economy. Talk about how there are all sorts of people who are feeling the need (single, lost job, bad job, not enough pay, job just added hours w/o pay compensation, etc.) Explain your "why". Have a "why" bag or something.

Thanks for starting this thread. It'll be great to see more ideas and thoughts shared. :)

Noora, I don't have the details. They're supposed to be emailing me the link. I was messaging back and forth with Tammy on Thursday night/Friday morning, so it may have just been the Friday call.

Here's the link I got in an e-mail: http://www.tammystanley.com/tele-workshops/eight_weeks_eight_recruits_recording.html

I finally got an email too, thanks :)

Just a few more things to add:

NooraK said:
  1. Distinguish your mission and purpose "The value I offer is always determined by the other person" (or team, or family, or whoever). What is of value to them that will make what you are offering worth it to them.
  2. Invite your talented, interested and potential guests to a celebration party Leave message like: Happy New Year – its February! I would like to invite you to my celebration party! There is going to be lots of delicious food, for sure some will involve chocolate, maybe a little wine. Please call me back so I can give you all the details. (not quite what he said but close)

3. Turn your host coaching appointment into an interview He suggested saying you had another gift -- a $50 gift certificate - if they can refer someone to you that you could make a difference in their life by helping them get started in the biz, and say “which is more important than the $50 when you are helping someone”.

Also, I haven't checked this out yet, but I think he said he had some free stuff on his website at www.lifetimecoach.com

Sandi

:love:I am loving you all for the notes, etc.!! I had a host closing an $800 party and then had to contact my Mom about an appointment the next day so I was not able to get on the call until 9:10 or so.

I work full time and am a sucker for these things, I have signed up for the e-course and the rest of the stuff. Will let you know if it was worth it!:love: I would be happy to get 4 recruits in 8 weeks!!

Thank you again everyone!

He does have a VIP service or something- I think it's more of a newsletter. But when you sign up, you get access to a 45 minute recording on Filling your calendar. I've not listened to it yet, but will do that later when I can concentrate and take notes. And after looking at some of his "tweets" (hehe- that sounds just too funny to me!) - it looks like he sometimes offers other calls periodically.It's not that I think he's offering tons of things we didn't already know from our PC training- but I definitely have liked what I've heard so far about his approach, and some of his word choices! I don't always like how PC trains us to say or present things....so it's not always "natural" for me. But Tammy Stanley, and this guy, they have a more natural "adult-to-adult" conversational way about them. While I haven't listened to the replay yet (I also was able to record it while I was on the call- I use "Skype" for my conf. calls, so I can record them with a program called "WireTap".), I heard parts of it. One of my AHA moments was coming up with a "MISSION STATEMENT". Not my GOALS, but a mission statement- My Reason for starting my business, and it had me thinking. It got me excited about sharing the opportunity. I also realized that It's not about "RECRUITING" for me, but about "SHARING" the opportunity. To me, recruiting has almost a negative connotation..>I don't exactly know why, but it just does. I feel like it says I'm trying to CONVINCE someone to do something they may not want to do. But SHARING the opportunity....that's me just telling my story and mission or something, and the rest is up to them. Symantics, I know. But half our battles are mental ones, right? ;)I too am a sucker for training- and I did sign up for the course, which starts in 2 weeks.
Will I be able to share this biz with enough people in the 8 weeks? probably not, but if I can do that many in the next 6 months? I'd be happy as a clam!!!

Great ideas! I'm going to do the 32 opportunity bags in 8 weeks. I have two people in mind to start with; a co-worker who wans to come to my next cluster meeting and someone I met while dropping off a PC order that needs more income. Listen to the words they may drop to us. It lets us know who has a need. Just like it was said on here. Who can we share the opportunity with not just RECRUIT.

esavvymom said:
I too am a sucker for training- and I did sign up for the course, which starts in 2 weeks.
Will I be able to share this biz with enough people in the 8 weeks? probably not, but if I can do that many in the next 6 months? I'd be happy as a clam!!!

Ah...we sat next to each other at the meet and greet in Chicago last year with Rae! We share a sisterhood in being suckers too!!!:D:chef:

I too like the down to earth approach and get caught up in the other wording which as Steve describes...turns people off because they know what is coming.

At a party last Friday night I did talk about the business, but started out with a down to earth talk. I acknowledged to the guests that they are probably thinking, "Oh no, she is going to talk about being a consultant and I can't make eye contact because she is going to think I am interested!" They all laughed so I know that they heard me and were more open to what I was about to say which was, "I know that Pampered Chef has helped me in my life, but what I don't know is who out there may be in need of an option to hear about that may help them in their life as well. I don't know who of you may be worried about how they are going to make payments on that next bill that is coming up. I have no magic words to trick you into becoming a consultant but I do have education about an option that may work for you. I offer education about what has helped me achieve most of my dreams, but only you can make the decision if you want to join us."

Anxious to listen to the entire call with Steve and hope to get some recruiting movement from following his course!

Ann, that is SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing!

baychef said:
Ah...we sat next to each other at the meet and greet in Chicago last year with Rae! We share a sisterhood in being suckers too!!!:D:chef:

I too like the down to earth approach and get caught up in the other wording which as Steve describes...turns people off because they know what is coming.

At a party last Friday night I did talk about the business, but started out with a down to earth talk. I acknowledged to the guests that they are probably thinking, "Oh no, she is going to talk about being a consultant and I can't make eye contact because she is going to think I am interested!" They all laughed so I know that they heard me and were more open to what I was about to say which was, "I know that Pampered Chef has helped me in my life, but what I don't know is who out there may be in need of an option to hear about that may help them in their life as well. I don't know who of you may be worried about how they are going to make payments on that next bill that is coming up. I have no magic words to trick you into becoming a consultant but I do have education about an option that may work for you. I offer education about what has helped me achieve most of my dreams, but only you can make the decision if you want to join us."

Anxious to listen to the entire call with Steve and hope to get some recruiting movement from following his course!

I remember!! And I still have your card in my file. :)

I liked your words too! That's great.

Here are my notes:

Develop the inner game

1. Amplify Your Belief
a. how great is your belief in Direct Sales
b. how great is your belief in your company?
c. How great is the belief in your recruiting system (how you offer?)
d. Do you REALLY want to help others?
e. Are you in a servant mindset?
f. Dump your past, change your belief and ask for support.

2. Distinguish your Mission and Purpose
a. “I’m a trainer and a mentor for the top cooking tool company in the US. I love coaching people, showing them how to work for themselves and helping them change their lives.”

3. Share your story
a. Share your story: a compelling story will take you to great heights
b. The value we offer is always determined by the other.
c. Champion recruiters are always sending out Life Preservers – helping to change lives.

4. Choose your business partners.
a. who would you love to hang out with – who is talented, expressed interest, who is amazing, who do my friends know?
b. “Potential List”
c. Assumption is the one thing that keeps you from following thru – don’t make up results!
d. QUESTIONS to ASK: Who would be talented in the business? Who has expressed interest in the business? Who would I love to work with? Who would benefit that doesn’t know it?
e. Spend 60 minutes listing them NOW

5. Schedule 30 shows in the next 8 weeks and hold 24
a. 4 sources where you share your opportunity (trade shows, referrals, your hostess, personal business)
b. You need to have a huge amount of parties to draw from
c. Lifeline Coaching & Education, Inc. (go to the site and on the top “register for Steve’s VIP program and free tele-seminar)

6. Invite your talented, interested and potential guests to a Celebration Party.
a. Do your own party every month for six months. Let your guests experience the actual party experience.
b. When you call someone that you are interested in sharing your business opportunity with who has expressed interest – NOT a telemarketing call, instead of calling them and telling them why you want to talk to them, call them and say “Curious to find out how 2010 is going for you – I am having a fun ____ party, we are giving out all these goodies, we having a great group of people coming, I would love to spend time with you, we are gonna have a ton of fun, I wanted to know if you could come over so I can spoil you. Call me back at ____ or _____ so we can get together. I am really looking forward to it!”
c. Only invite people who had expressed interest in the business.
d. Get them back to the seed…the original reason why they were interested

7. Design a Stellar Opportunity Commercial that leaves others thinking they want what you have.
a. you know how some commercials engage us? How you express your COMPELLING story makes all the difference.
b. Move, touch and inspire people to want to learn more.
c. “Hey is everybody having a good time? Well, I want to thank you all for hanging out with me tonight. I made a decision to help Americans create their own recession proof business and really create their own economy and here is what you an I know – we all know people that have more month left at the end of their money. They get to the 20th of the month and they are struggling – there are single parents who aren’t getting their child support and they are having a hard time of it, and they aren’t here tonight. And we have friends that still have a job, but they have a twice the workload, more hours and less pay. So this might be for them. I want to invite you to be a TALENT SCOUT for the Pampered Chef.”
d. Teach practices that are duplicable. WHY bag – give them some things to think of. Catalog (when I saw how the products worked, I wanted them all). I did my first few shows and was having a great time. Show money – so I made this much in each show. Car, stones (joy) I have never really liked any of my jobs, and I have never liked any of my jobs – but I have never been so happy. I will be giving you a customer care card and want you to pay special attention to the question that says you may be interested in more information.
e. Focus on them and what impact it has on them.
f. Give time for everyone to ask questions about what you do.

I want to help everyone create REAL job security and make an abundant future in YOUR hands.

8. Hand out 32 opportunity gifts in 8 weeks and you will generate 8 new reps.
a. after a guest expresses interest in learning more – when you hand them a brochure or giving them a packet, what do you think they are thinking?
b. Thank you cards are “average” – feel comfortable in your dreams and reach a level of comfortable living that would make your feel extreme…
c. Opportunity gift – Gift Bag, Tissue Paper, Personal Card written from you (what would you attempt to do if you knew you would succeed, the power of what could be…), op brochure, company video, NO CONTRACT, keep it light…maybe an op event, gift from your company, kisses, etc.
d. Look at your guest care cards – even give it to the ones that don’t show interest, but they would be great at it.
e. On the left hand side of the card -- “I want to extend an invitation to meet you for a Starbucks to learn more about The Pampered Chef.”
f. Say “I know you are on your way out the door, but I want to give you a gift and I will call you in a few days”
g. Be in service of them.

9. Turn your Hostess Coaching appointment into an interview.
a. “I want to make a difference recommendation certificate” and if you know someone who might benefit or be good at what I do, let me know. I have people who go out and do one show a week and because of that they won’t lose their house.
b. I want to ask you to think of everyone you know. If someone comes to mind, I want you to invite them a little early to your party or just call me and let me know and I can talk to them ahead of time. It’s a way that you can make a difference in someone’s life.
c. Develop a call script that will create response.

Questions – ask “what was the reason why you circled “Maybe” on the Care Card.
a. answer that reason
b. I would like to extend an invitation to meet with you. One of 3 things will happen…you may realize that this is NOT what you want to do. That’s fine! We would have had a great cup of coffee. Or, you may realize that this will work for you and you are ready to get moving. Or, you may find that this would be a great fit for you but it’s not the right time. Either way, it will just give you an opportunity to explore.

Create an interview that instills hope and possibilities for others.
Create areas of your life that will get you out there and find business and people to help.

Thanks, Janice.

WOW...thanks so much Janice! Lots of details and lots of typing....most appreciated!

Thanks Janice! Much more detail than mine :D

THANKS Janice!!!!!!!!

My notes are kind of a mish-mash...I was typing quickly -- and you really need to listen to the call and follow along to get the whole idea. The notes are not edited, either.

I have to admit when he said something about (can't remember the exact words) something like "hooking them" -- I was going to hang up, but I kept listening and he explained himself. I am so not the type to "trick" anyone into signing -- that NEVER works! But he really made it more clear in the next section and he meant to get their attention and create interest.

It was a long call, but worth the time!

1. What is the "8 Recruits in 8 Weeks" program?

The "8 Recruits in 8 Weeks" program is a recruiting initiative at Pampered Chef that challenges consultants to find and onboard 8 new team members in 8 weeks. The goal is to help consultants grow their business and earn rewards for their recruiting efforts.

2. How do I participate in the "8 Recruits in 8 Weeks" program?

To participate in the "8 Recruits in 8 Weeks" program, consultants must first sign up through their back office. Once registered, they will receive training and resources to help them successfully recruit and onboard new team members.

3. What are the rewards for completing the "8 Recruits in 8 Weeks" program?

The rewards for completing the "8 Recruits in 8 Weeks" program vary, but typically include exclusive products, discounts, and bonuses. The exact rewards may change each time the program is offered, so it's important to check the current incentives.

4. Can I participate in the "8 Recruits in 8 Weeks" program more than once?

Yes, consultants can participate in the "8 Recruits in 8 Weeks" program multiple times. Each time they complete the program, they can earn the rewards and bonuses offered for that specific round.

5. How can I track my progress in the "8 Recruits in 8 Weeks" program?

Consultants can track their progress in the "8 Recruits in 8 Weeks" program through their back office. There is a dedicated section for the program where consultants can see how many recruits they have successfully onboarded and how many more they need to reach their goal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • finley1991
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jolie_Paradoxe