• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expert Advice for Hesitant Business Owners: Don't Miss Out on Opportunities!

In summary, the business contact is interested, but is more hesitant than they first thought. He has a history with most of the out of town clients, but is concerned about giving them away to someone he does not know. He suggests contacting some of the contacts and asking for referrals.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Okay, I finally got off my tail and talked to someone about the business. She is interested, but I am more hesitatant in signing her than I first thought. Here is my long story and maybe you all can give me some help.
When I started this business I didn't have but 10 people on my list of 100. I decided to ask my family to give me starter shows so that I could qualify(they live 130 miles one way). When I did my first shows there they were really good shows (they hadn't seen PC in a long time). Now I am doing good to make my gas money back in commission. I have a history with 90% of these out of town clients and they feel like I am their "personal consultant" which I really like. I recently did a show for a friend of my sister. Her attendance or sales weren't that high and I left her show open for about a week and she did not pursue any outside orders like she said she would. I checked in with her today to make sure her products arrived okay, etc. And she mentioned the business. I had made a comment at one of my previous shows that if anyone in that area who would want to sign under me I would give them my "out of town" contacts..thinking it would be someone with whom I had a history with. This girl is known for being flaky and I don't want my clients in that area to be furious with me if she turns out to be a disaster.
Help!!

Did she reference you giving her your out of town contacts? If not, maybe give her a few leads of guests from her show and then coach, coach, coach her on how to find leads. Obviously, if the majority of your client base are out of town customers, you never intended on handing over all of them to a recruit.

Talk with the contacts you will be forwarding to her and let them know that you are helping her start her business. You do not need to imply that she will not be a good or reliable consultant, just tell them you wanted them to know why someone other than you was contacting them. Build them up by telling them they have been a great customer for you and that you know they will be a good customer of your leads.

Whoa....I'd really think twice about giving away any contacts that don't personally know the new consultant. If I were one of your contacts that liked you and had a history with you, I'd be really ticked off (and hurt) if I found out you were passing me off to someone else. Maybe calling some of them and asking for referrals for her to follow up with would be better. In my experience, with PC and outside of PC, when you just hand someone something they don't care for it as well as they would if they had worked for it.

What are some common challenges that hesitant business owners face?

Hesitant business owners often struggle with fear of failure, lack of confidence in their abilities, difficulty making decisions, and fear of taking risks.

Why is it important for hesitant business owners to overcome their hesitation?

Overcoming hesitation is crucial for business owners because it allows them to take advantage of opportunities, make confident decisions, and ultimately grow their business.

What are some strategies for overcoming hesitation in business?

Some effective strategies for overcoming hesitation in business include setting small, achievable goals, seeking support and advice from mentors or peers, and practicing decision-making and risk-taking in low-stakes situations.

How can hesitant business owners identify and capitalize on opportunities?

Hesitant business owners can identify opportunities by staying informed about their industry and market trends, networking with other professionals, and being open to trying new ideas and approaches. They can capitalize on these opportunities by creating a plan and taking action quickly.

What are some common mistakes that hesitant business owners make?

Hesitant business owners often make the mistake of waiting too long to make decisions, over-analyzing and second-guessing themselves, and being too risk-averse. These mistakes can lead to missed opportunities and hinder business growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • cookingwithlove