• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant on Overseas Military Base?

In summary, the woman said that it is illegal for PC Consultants to use their APO mailbox for business purposes. She also said that the military will allow PC Consultants to get catalogs and order forms, but they are not allowed to get cash or carry items, to accept mail for others, or to use the "ship to host" option at their shows. Finally, she said that the people who do crafts can get their supplies and sell their products, while the people who do jewelry can get the beads, the claps, and the string/wire, make their craft, and sell it.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
So I did a booth at a mall this weekend and lady came up to me to order but was talking about how she used to be a consultant. I asked her why she quit and she said it was because she moved overseas and it's illegal to do PC on a military base overseas (according to the government's regulations about using the apo mail thingie to make a profit) Is that true? I know some of you are on base but not sure if any of you are overseas. I thought maybe the law had changed since then but she said she just moved back a year ago and up until she left it was that way. I know I missed an opportunity this time but I'd like to know for next time.

There are Pampered Chef Consultants on bases all over the world. Someone informed your potential recruit incorrectly. :(I have a business license through the base here in Okinawa, Japan that says I can do Pampered Chef, as long as I follow the military rules and regulations AND the Japanese Customs Regulations.It's a violation of military regulations to use your FPO/APO mailbox for business purposes. We are also not allowed to accept mail for other people unless we are their official sponsor with orders in hand. The military WILL allow us to get order forms & catalogs, but we are not allowed to get cash & carry items, to accept mail for others or to use the "ship to host" option at our shows. All orders for military members have to go the "direct shipping" route. We are also not allowed to sell to the locals, since we do not pay import taxes. We can only sell to SOFA Status Personnel.The people who do crafts, can get their supplies and MAKE something to sell, but you can't get ANYTHING that you plan to re-sell without altering the product. So the people who get scrapbooking paper, tape, embellishments, etc & MAKE decorative cards, etc. can get their supplies, make their craft & sell it. The girls who do jewelry can get the beads, the claps and the string/wire, make their craft & sell it. But since we as PC Consultants do not alter the product, we are not allowed to get mail that we will turn around and re-sell. Does that make sense?I can give away SBRC and calendars. I just can't sell them.

Yeah, that does make sense. Maybe it was just too much of a hassle for her to look into it further and figured it's bascially against the rules and didn't try digging for ways to make it work. So basically, you only can sell to military members, you can only do direct ship, and you can't order prodcuts for cash and carry. Tricky but if you want to stay active, doesn't sound impossible!

I've been doing $3,000-$4,000 a month here lately. And that's WITH the military stipulations. So it's definitely not impossible. ;)

sheila said:
i've been doing $3,000-$4,000 a month here lately. And that's with the military stipulations. So it's definitely not impossible. ;)

you go girl!!!!

What is a Consultant on Overseas Military Base?

A Consultant on Overseas Military Base is a representative of Pampered Chef who is stationed on a military base outside of the United States. They provide cooking demonstrations, sell Pampered Chef products, and offer cooking tips and advice to military families and personnel living on the base.

How do I become a Consultant on Overseas Military Base?

To become a Consultant on Overseas Military Base, you must first become a Pampered Chef Consultant. Then, you can apply for the Overseas Military Base Program and if selected, you will be given the opportunity to serve on a military base outside of the United States.

What are the benefits of being a Consultant on Overseas Military Base?

Being a Consultant on Overseas Military Base offers a unique and rewarding experience. You will have the opportunity to travel and live in a different country, connect with military families, and share your love for cooking and Pampered Chef products. You will also receive training and support from Pampered Chef to help you succeed in your role.

Can I sell Pampered Chef products to non-military personnel on the base?

Yes, as a Consultant on Overseas Military Base, you are allowed to sell Pampered Chef products to both military and non-military personnel living on the base. This includes civilians, contractors, and other residents.

How can I connect with other Consultants on Overseas Military Base?

Pampered Chef has a strong community of Consultants on Overseas Military Base who support and connect with each other through online forums and social media groups. You can also attend regional meetings and conferences to network with other Consultants and share your experiences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cloudyade
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
hmolah
  • MichelleT
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • byrd1956