• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Bazaar Q: What if I Don't Qualify in 90 Days?

In summary, a question came up today at a Christmas Bazaar that I didn't know the answer to. What happens if someone doesn't qualify in 90 days? Do they have to send the kit back??? Does the PC police come & get them? ;) Dottie, from what I've been told, if someone doesn't qualify in 90 days they can still keep their kit, but they have to send it back and pay the $155 they paid for it.
cookingwithdot
Gold Member
A question came up today at a Christmas Bazaar that I didn't know the answer to. What happens if someone doesn't qualify in 90 days? Do they have to send the kit back??? Does the PC police come & get them? ;) This is a person that really just wants the kit and doesn't want to do the shows ... I didn't know how to answer it ... to me, it's just unethical, but different people have different standards.
Thanks!

I do know a director who picked up the kit and returned it to PC when someone wouldn't fulfill his/her obligations.

love that Anne! I wish I had the guts to do that with some of the people on my team!

Maybe you can just emphasize the commitment is only 4 shows. Make it so they feel obligated for 4, then just try hard to make them great so they stay. I mean who would leave after making 500 or so in their first 4 shows?

Dottie, technically nothing happens. However, I don't volunteer that information. At NC a couple of years ago Carolyn gave me a great answer to that question. Basically it's:

Are you not planning to fulfill your commitment? By signing the agreement you're making a pledge to do your best to meet those requirements.
If pressed, I'll tell them, "To the best of my knowledge the PC police have never shown up on someone's doorstep. Then again, there's always a first time."

The kit is theirs. They paid for it.

The commitment is no longer 4 shows, it's $1250. She could do that in just one show. You could say that she is signing a legal contract in which she agrees to do so. You don't have to say the PC Police won't enforce it. In the end, it's that person who has to live with their decisions and their integrity.

They don't actually have just 90 days to do it in. They can qualify when ever they want as long as they don't go 6 months inactive because then PC terminates their contract all together.

Di_Can_Cook said:
The kit is theirs. They paid for it.

I was going say the same thing.

There really isn't anything you can do about it.

littlemaisyPC said:
I was going say the same thing.

There really isn't anything you can do about it.

yes, they are paying for the kit, BUT they are paying $155 for over $500 worth of stuff, so I don't agree with this!! If they just want all the stuff, then PAY FULL PRICE FOR IT or HOST A SHOW!!! :rolleyes: Just my 2 cents.

I have been asked about what happens if they don't fullfill commitment, and I just turn that back around of how easy it is to fullfull it!! I have a team of 16 people (in the business for 15 months) and have never had a kit-napper, so I must be doing something right!!!;)

I totally agree with you about having a show or paying full price for the items.

I worded that wrong I meant physically you can't go and pick up the kit from them and make them have shows to qualify.

Yes you can encourage them on how easy it is to qualify and letting them know that they did indeed sign a contract but us as consulants we are not in charge whether they get to keep their kit or not. If HO doesn't ask for it back then who's to say we are.

Q: What if I Don't Qualify in 90 Days?

If you do not reach the required sales and team building goals within 90 days of starting your business with Pampered Chef, you will be automatically deactivated as a consultant. This means you will no longer have access to your consultant website and will not be able to earn commissions or participate in any Pampered Chef events or activities.

Q: Can I extend the 90-day qualification period?

No, the 90-day qualification period cannot be extended. It is important to set realistic goals and work towards achieving them within the given time frame.

Q: What happens to my starter kit if I don't qualify in 90 days?

If you do not qualify within 90 days, you will need to return your starter kit to Pampered Chef. You can do this by contacting our consultant support team for instructions on how to return your kit.

Q: Can I reapply as a consultant if I don't qualify in 90 days?

Yes, you can reapply as a consultant after being deactivated for not qualifying in 90 days. However, please note that you will need to purchase a new starter kit and start over with a new 90-day qualification period.

Q: What resources are available to help me qualify in 90 days?

Pampered Chef provides a variety of resources and support to help you reach your goals within the 90-day qualification period. This includes training materials, mentorship from experienced consultants, and access to our consultant community for tips and advice. We also recommend setting achievable goals and creating a plan to reach them within the given time frame.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mamaliss
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefann
  • mzpatient
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • dme.grant