• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interesting Recruiting Situation

In summary, the author is considering joining PC and is unsure of who to sign under. They feel drawn to the director that they "click" with, but are unsure about whether they would receive the support they need. They decide to go with the one they feel the connection with and hope that she will be supportive.
pinkunicorn
OK, so I'm thinking about joining PC (and I'm pretty sure I will be doing so soon).

BUT--there are two people that I know in my area who sell PC. Both are directors. I'm not related to either one, and both are more "acquaintences" than actual close friends.

And both know I am interested in becoming a consultant. I've hosted a party with one, and talked about the biz with the other.

Now my dilemma is this: I'm not sure who I should sign under. My heart is telling me to sign with the director that I "click" with. She motivates me, gets me feeling excited (like I can do this), and gives me straight answers. I feel like she would support me, yet not "push" me to do more than I have time for/am willing to do.

The other one is a very nice lady, too. She's the one who did my party. She was a lot of fun (although not very enthusiastic) and knew the products well. But she's a lot quieter, and when she answers my questions, I get the feeling like she's not quite certain about her answers--even though she has a team and has been doing this for 9 years. I just don't feel like I would get the support I need from her.

I've done DS before, and am with a romance company right now. I have had some good leaders and some not-so-good leaders. I work much better when I have good leadership.

I'm not sure what to do, since I know that I will be seeing both of these ladies and working with both of these ladies if I join. I don't want one to be upset, thinking that the other "stole" me away.

I would go with the one you felt the connection with who seems to be the one talking to you about the business. When it comes down to it, it is your choice.

wadesgirl said:
I would go with the one you felt the connection with who seems to be the one talking to you about the business. When it comes down to it, it is your choice.

Agreed. Go with the one that you feel would help you succeed the most.

Sounds like you've got your answer right there! The chemistry you've got with the one Director will help you be successful!

That's what I figured. I just don't want the other lady to be upset with me, or my sponsor.

I know some DS companies frown on taking another consultant's "customer". A company I was with 6 years ago would tell me that, since I actually purchased from Consultant B, I had to sign under her whether I liked her or not. I was hoping PC wasn't that way! :) Good to know it's not.

Can't tell from your post whether they both know that you're talking with both of them. Please do them the courtesy of letting them know about the other one and tell whoever you don't sign with (B) that you went with A. You view this as a business and know what you want so I'm sure you'll do well.

or you could always sign with me :)HA!!

Go get 'em Teresa! :Dpinkunicorn: (sorry, I don't know your name) I also think that you should sign with the one who you think would give you the most support. Having confidence in your recruiter/upline can REALLY make a difference in your success. ;)

Well, I left a message and am waiting for her to call me back...gettin excited! :)

I just now, like 3 minutes ago, submitted my agreement! Go me!!!

just PMd you but it might too late:(

Definitely:balloon: the one who you click with is the answer and I hope you did that. I would say that you do owe the other one a call and of course she understands that you can not sign with both so give her a nice explanation and some compliments....

Congratulations Pink Unicorn!! You are going to have a great time!! And a strong business, I'm sure!

Congratulations!

WooHoo! Congratulations on starting your new business!!! :D

What is an interesting recruiting situation?

An interesting recruiting situation is a unique or unusual circumstance that occurs during the hiring process for a job. It could involve a highly sought-after candidate, a challenging job market, or unexpected challenges in finding the right candidate.

How do you handle an interesting recruiting situation?

To handle an interesting recruiting situation, it is important to first understand the specific challenges and goals involved. This may require adapting traditional recruitment strategies to fit the situation or finding creative solutions to overcome obstacles. Good communication and flexibility are key in successfully navigating an interesting recruiting situation.

What are some common examples of interesting recruiting situations?

Some common examples of interesting recruiting situations include competing for top talent in a competitive job market, navigating complicated company mergers or reorganizations, and finding a replacement for a highly specialized or niche position. Other examples may include recruiting for a new company or startup, or filling a role in a location with a limited talent pool.

How do interesting recruiting situations impact the hiring process?

Interesting recruiting situations can impact the hiring process in a variety of ways. They may require a longer timeline for finding and hiring the right candidate, as well as a more targeted and tailored approach to recruiting. These situations can also involve more negotiation and flexibility in terms of compensation and benefits to attract top talent.

What skills are helpful in managing interesting recruiting situations?

Managing interesting recruiting situations requires a combination of strong communication skills, adaptability, problem-solving abilities, and a thorough understanding of the job market and industry. It also helps to have a network of contacts and resources to tap into for potential candidates and strategies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Careyann
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • kllindsey
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
kllindsey
  • lockhartkitchen