• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I've Never Heard This Objection Before

a recruit lead tell me that she was hesitant to do a show because the host's house might be icky. I reassured her that I had done shows at many different homes and that I had never been to a house that I didn't want to do a show at. I also shared a story of when I was 8.5 months pregnant and I was scheduled to do a show at a house that the host's husband had been smoking cigarettes in and there was cigarette smoke everywhere. I Febreezed the place before I arrived and the only thing that bothered me was the smell of cigarette smoke. Anyway, I think it is important to let her know that it is her business and she can choose to have a show with or without anyone she wants
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
Two recruit leads at today's show (yippee!) and one is hesitant because "what if the host's house is icky?" She has been a catalog host and been to shows before, but I don't think she was thinking of anyone's house in particular. I didn't dare tell her any of my horror stories, such as the miniature pony that came into the house and sat on someone's lap in the recliner. Her friends reassured her that she could clean her work area and pointed to my demo area. I just had to have a chuckle b/c it was a new objection for me. Hopefully when I talk to her tomorrow she'll have gotten over the "icky" idea.

Congrats! That is a good one! To be honest, out of the years I have done this and the homes I have seen, I would say there were only 2 that I would call icky. Hopefully, she will realize that's one object that can be overcome!

Of course, everyone's icky threshold is different.

I definitely think it's something that can be over come...I'd love to get into your mini pony story...lol...it really sat on a guests lap?!?! How did you keep your composier?

Love the mini pony! In the house and in the recliner. Maybe that was his recliner and it doesn't matter who is sitting there when he gets tired?! Too Funny!

Anyway, yes everyone's icky factor is different. Mine is pretty middle ground I think. I would say in all the years I've been doing this there have only been a handful of houses that I didn't want to go back to.

LOL Becca....yes, you have to share the mini pony story! What did you do?

Icky houses may pop up, and I've read a few stories here about them....my threshhold is pretty high so I'm lucky. There was only one house, so far, that bothered me a bit....but it was more of an odor issue. I don't like stale or smelly homes it seems...and I've run across a few of those....animal odors are the worse! I'm working on that! lol

Becca_in_MD said:
I didn't dare tell her any of my horror stories, such as the miniature pony that came into the house and sat on someone's lap in the recliner.

I have to tell you that I really needed this laugh. Thank you so much! I am sorry for you that you had to experience it, but I really need the chuckle.

Let her know it is her business and she can refuse to have a show with anybody she wants. My horror story is that I was 8.5 months prego and I arrive at the house that has mattresses piled up on the outside. The house is a mess; no surface area is clean and there are dirty dishes all over the kitchen. It is 11 am and she is drunk! Nobody shows up except a neighbor who is a good samaritan. She makes a scallop quiche and wants me to eat it!

OMG, I'm ROFL at the mini pony story, too!! I can't stop chuckling! :D Thanks!! ;)

I think the mini pony story may not be quite as funny as you expect.

The house was relatively clean. There were horses in a pasture. Some random dogs, etc. In a side hall, something in a cage scared the wahoo out of me b/c it was dark and I didn't know it was there until I cut through the hallway and it made a noise.

I did the show. Once it was mostly family left, they brought in the mini pony. The daughter sat on the recliner and pulled the pony up onto her lap. The poor animal hadn't had her hooves trimmed and they were all deformed.

I think that was one of those shows where I needed to Febreeze everything when I got home b/c of the cigarette smoke.

I told my recruit lead to bring a bottle of cleanser with her if she's worried about people not being clean. I don't mind people leaving dirty dishes in the sink, and certainly don't expect the microwave to be clean, though most times these are not an issue. I figure people shouldn't have to kill themselves making the house spic and span to have a show. That just makes her guests less likely to want to book. My pet peeve is people who don't vacuum. I think I got the vacuuming thing from my dad.

I hate when they have pets who put their wet noses into my bags as I arrive. I worry about pet hair getting into my stuff. I've been to a couple homes that really smelled and pet hair was all over the floor and counters.I had one host where one of their goats had gotten into the house! And pet hair all over the floor. It's a half hour before the show starts and my host is just getting out of bed! This is my sister's SIL, so at least my sister was there to help me clean up the place while her SIL showered. :rolleyes: But it actually turned out to be one of my best shows. Great attendance, great sales...and the guests never got to suspect that a goat had been through the house an hour earlier! :D

This is not exactly icky, but definitely on the edge of it...I had one show that the host had an English bulldog that humped my leg the entire show! :eek: I asked the host to put it away but she refused b/c the dog would cry. Then I was the one who was crying (on the inside):cry:

Hard to prepare food when the dog's in the mood :D

I know this is an old thread, but I was doing a search in the recruiting forum for help on getting from maybe to yes and I came across this thread. I just had a guest from my show this week ask me about "icky" houses. That would be her concern. I did tell her that icky houses are not the norm!

One of the very first consultants (who was not a dog lover) who joined Doris back in the day used to tell the story of a large labrador retriever who bounded up to her and proudly led her into the house. She was greeted by the host who looked a little alarmed but quickly regained her composure. After about 10 minutes of the dog racing around the house, sticking her nose into everything and generally getting in the way, the host finally said "Do you always bring your dog to Pampered Chef shows?" ...."My dog?....I thought it was your dog!"

What a great story ......we have so many of them - you can keep a room entertained for hours!

islandgurlchef said:
One of the very first consultants (who was not a dog lover) who joined Doris back in the day used to tell the story of a large labrador retriever who bounded up to her and proudly led her into the house. She was greeted by the host who looked a little alarmed but quickly regained her composure. After about 10 minutes of the dog racing around the house, sticking her nose into everything and generally getting in the way, the host finally said "Do you always bring your dog to Pampered Chef shows?" ...."My dog?....I thought it was your dog!"

What a great story ......we have so many of them - you can keep a room entertained for hours!

Now that's funny.....

islandgurlchef said:

HA! That is a really cute story :)

What does "I've Never Heard This Objection Before" mean?

"I've Never Heard This Objection Before" is a phrase commonly used in sales or business settings to express surprise or disbelief at a new or unexpected objection from a customer or client.

Why is it important to address objections in sales?

Addressing objections in sales is important because it allows you to understand and address any concerns or doubts that a potential customer may have, increasing the chances of making a successful sale.

How can I effectively handle objections in sales?

To effectively handle objections in sales, it is important to listen actively to the customer's concerns, empathize with their perspective, and provide clear and concise explanations or solutions to address their objections.

What are some common objections in sales?

Some common objections in sales include price, competition, timing, and the need for more information. Other objections may be specific to the product or service being offered.

How can I prepare for objections in sales?

To prepare for objections in sales, it is important to be knowledgeable about the product or service being sold, anticipate potential objections and have responses ready, and maintain a positive and confident attitude when addressing objections.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • wadesgirl