• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting & Motivating Catalog Hosts: Tips & Tricks

In summary, Nancy explained that her first recruit was hesitant about cooking shows because her husband had told her she should consider being a consultant. She reassured her recruit that catalog sales can work and that she would be there to support her.
nancyk325
I just got my 2nd recruit. She was a catalog host who did an outstanding job. Her sales were over $700 and she did ALL of the work except to enter it in P3. I told her she would make a fab host and that we have consultants who just do catalog show and that there are various ways to make money using the catalog show. My question is do any of you have a recruit or consultant on your team like this and if so what do you do to keep in touch with them and keep them motivated?

Thanks
Nancy

Last edited:
I can't answer your question, but I wanted to say Congratulations!

Congratulations on your first recruit!!!Did you ask her why she had reservations about the cooking shows?My first recruit only wanted to do catalog shows only and just enough to stay active. I warned her that at some point, someone would ask for a cooking show. Sure enough, she entered her own catalog show & her neighbor booked off it with a cooking show. I went with her to show her the ropes (since she had never attended one of my shows) and she's hooked. She now understands how easy the interactive shows are and is comfortable doing them all the time. I think she had the misunderstanding that she had to "perform" for the group and that was what had her fearful of the cooking shows. Oh, and once she saw her first commission check, she was motivated to do more than just "stay active"!!! She's active duty military, so PC is a side job for her, but she's motivated & working some booths with me this month to get more shows under her belt. Actually, all three of the girls on my team were super excited about being able to work booths for sales & bookings this month! :D

Thanks I really appreciate the congrats it is a cool feeling to recruit.

Thanks for the reply. Oddly, enough I have not met the person. She was a catalog host of mine referred by a customer from a show. She did a fantastic job and I told her she made my job a breeze. She told me her husband said she should consider being a consultant also. She agreed and signed on Saturday. I did not want to scare her away about shows as I have always been taught that catalog sales can work. I informed her about the mini kit but she bought the large kit (indicates to me she may venture into cooking shows). I too believe she will end up doing them. I was not even looking for recruits, I work full time and do not want the responsibility and on and on. But look at me now. I got 2 recruits in less than a week and love it!!!!! So I am sure she will come around. However, in the mean time I have told her I want to see her succeed and am here to help.

What is the importance of recruiting and motivating catalog hosts?

Recruiting and motivating catalog hosts is crucial for the success of your business as they serve as ambassadors for your products and brand. They can help expand your customer base and increase sales through their personal networks and connections.

How do I find potential catalog hosts?

There are a few ways to find potential catalog hosts: reach out to your existing customers and offer them the opportunity, ask for referrals from satisfied hosts, attend networking events and trade shows, or utilize social media platforms to connect with potential hosts.

What are some tips for motivating catalog hosts?

Offering incentives, such as discounts or free products, can be a great motivator for catalog hosts. Communicate regularly and provide them with marketing materials and training to help them succeed. Additionally, recognizing and appreciating their efforts can also go a long way in keeping them motivated.

How do I ensure my catalog hosts are successful?

Provide your catalog hosts with all the necessary tools and resources to be successful, such as product samples, order forms, and marketing materials. Offer support and guidance, and encourage them to share their own ideas and strategies for success.

How can I track the performance of my catalog hosts?

Set clear goals and expectations for your catalog hosts and track their progress through sales reports and customer feedback. You can also offer rewards or bonuses for meeting certain milestones or achieving specific sales targets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
loreo
  • Jennie50