• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mixed Feelings About Recruiting

In summary, Michele struggles with the fact that she may have a recruit but she has mixed feelings because her cousin recently had a $1,030 show for her and her other cousin is supposed to have a show Dec. 10th for me and I know I'll lose that to her. She is happy on one hand but bummed on the other because she's really struggled getting shows. Michele wants to sign her recruit and have her sign someone else right away to create an excellent example for future recruits.
jj16
Gold Member
I may have a recruit but I have mixed feelings because her cousin recently had a $1,030 show for me and her other cousin is supposed to have a show Dec. 10th for me and I know I'll lose that to her. I am happy on one hand but bummed on the other because I've really struggled getting shows.:)

It's tough but think of it this way - if her cousin has a large show like that then she'll qualify quickly! That's good for you too! And you'll earn overrides on her sales, so you aren't losing them completely.

I know it's hard to give away bookings or potential sales but we do it to benefit our recruits. I'm struggling with this because I was talking to 2 ladies about joining, 1 has signed and now she's really working hard with her friend to get her signed...so 99% chance she'll sign her under her, not me, even though I was initially talking to her. But she's really been the one to put in the effort to talk to her about how she can afford the kit, getting her to host a show, etc. so I have to set aside my own disappointment and be excited for her that she'll have a recruit in her first 30 or 60 days likely!

So I understand your mixed feelings completely.

MLinAZ said:
It's tough but think of it this way - if her cousin has a large show like that then she'll qualify quickly! That's good for you too! And you'll earn overrides on her sales, so you aren't losing them completely.

I know it's hard to give away bookings or potential sales but we do it to benefit our recruits. I'm struggling with this because I was talking to 2 ladies about joining, 1 has signed and now she's really working hard with her friend to get her signed...so 99% chance she'll sign her under her, not me, even though I was initially talking to her. But she's really been the one to put in the effort to talk to her about how she can afford the kit, getting her to host a show, etc. so I have to set aside my own disappointment and be excited for her that she'll have a recruit in her first 30 or 60 days likely!

So I understand your mixed feelings completely.

Michele, this is what you want. Signing her and having her sign someone right away gives you an immediate 2 tier downline and an excellent example for all future recruits. You'll be a director in no time!!

I struggled too about those first recruits, well even after that... I had 3 people sign in a month a couple years ago. Two of them were repeat hosts who always had a few bookings and kept me going for months. When they signed my personal show schedule took a hit for a few months but I promise you sharing the opportunity is FULL of rewards and you do not "lose" anything - you only gain.

BethCooks4U said:
Michele, this is what you want. Signing her and having her sign someone right away gives you an immediate 2 tier downline and an excellent example for all future recruits. You'll be a director in no time!!

In my head I know this. But until I can sign another recruit under ME, I can't get to Team Leader and I don't get overrides on her recruit. I know it's dumb for me to think that way and I'll get over it but it is a bit frustrating for me. I've just started to get on the bandwagon with recruiting and I'm not a very patient person LOL

But yes, it will set me up for a road to director so now I just need to do MY part :)

Hi there! It's completely understandable to have mixed feelings about recruiting someone who is related to your previous hosts. On one hand, it's great to have a potential new recruit and expand your team. On the other hand, you may feel like you are losing potential shows from your other hosts. However, I want to encourage you to focus on the positive aspects of recruiting this new consultant. Not only will you have the opportunity to mentor and support them, but they can also bring in a new network of potential hosts and customers. Plus, having a strong team is essential for success in this business. As for your upcoming show on December 10th, I suggest talking to your host and explaining the situation. Let her know that you value her as a host and would love to still have her show, even if her cousin becomes a consultant. Communication is key in any business, and I'm sure she will understand. Overall, try to see the potential benefits of recruiting this new consultant and don't let it discourage you from continuing to book shows. Keep up the hard work and I'm sure you will see more success in the future. Happy cooking!

What is "Mixed Feelings About Recruiting"?

"Mixed Feelings About Recruiting" is a common phrase used to describe the conflicting emotions individuals may experience when it comes to the process of recruiting new employees for a company or organization. It can refer to the challenges and rewards of finding the right candidates, as well as the ethical concerns and potential biases that may arise during the recruitment process.

Why do people have mixed feelings about recruiting?

People may have mixed feelings about recruiting because it involves making important decisions that can greatly impact a company or organization. It can also be a time-consuming and challenging process, as finding the right candidates with the necessary skills and qualifications can be difficult. Additionally, there may be ethical concerns about the fairness of the recruitment process and potential biases that may come into play.

What are some common challenges in the recruitment process?

Some common challenges in the recruitment process include attracting qualified and diverse candidates, managing a large volume of applicants, and ensuring a fair and unbiased selection process. Other challenges may include negotiating salaries and benefits, managing time constraints, and integrating new employees into the company culture.

How can companies address mixed feelings about recruiting?

Companies can address mixed feelings about recruiting by establishing clear and fair hiring policies, promoting diversity and inclusion in their recruitment efforts, and providing training and resources for hiring managers to help them make unbiased decisions. It is also important for companies to regularly evaluate and update their recruitment strategies to ensure they are effective and aligned with their values and goals.

What are some potential biases that may arise during the recruitment process?

Some potential biases that may arise during the recruitment process include unconscious biases based on race, gender, age, or other factors, as well as biases towards candidates with certain educational backgrounds or work experiences. Biases can also stem from a lack of diversity among hiring managers and a narrow definition of what makes a "good" candidate. It is important for companies to be aware of these potential biases and actively work to eliminate them from their recruitment process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • finley1991
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • clshirk