• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power of One- New Spring Product

In summary, the company is coming out with a new product that is only given away to those who recruit this month and who's recruits qualify in their first 30 days. If someone does not recruit this month, they can still purchase
kdangel518
Gold Member
I'm intrigued, wondering what new product they're coming out with that's SO FABULOUS that they are ONLY giving it away to those who recruit this month and who's recruits qualify in their first 30 days????

SO intrigued!!! :p

I don't mean to sound like a party pooper but I'm getting kinda tired of so many things being tied to recruiting...

I'm sure it will be a great product though.

pamperedlinda said:
I don't mean to sound like a party pooper but I'm getting kinda tired of so many things being tied to recruiting...

I'm sure it will be a great product though.

Hear ya, Linda! And it's not that I'm not recruiting...I've had 7 recruits in the last 5 months...

I don't want our company to come across as just wanting to sign recruits- like any other MLM. I know we AREN'T those other MLMs, but someone coming in may get the wrong impression, and sometimes it DOES start feeling that way.That being said- I still want to recruit to reach other goals, so this is just a nice perk! (I wonder if we'll be able to purchase that "secret item" at the pre-season discount?)

I've been recruiting regularly this year and am not going to stress if I don't recruit this month/promo. I can always get it on a host order in March. I'm always curious what new products they'll come out with. Will this product be on the catalog cover? Last Nov. I believe it was the white DCB that was the recruit promo. Ooh, now I'm thinking that to be truly fabulous they would have to have a replacement for the Chillzanne. Do we have to wait until Feb. at the spring launch meetings to find out the new products? I'm so used to the January reveal.

Now if it was more Disney points they were offering, I'd be all over it :)

Becca_in_MD said:
I've been recruiting regularly this year and am not going to stress if I don't recruit this month/promo. I can always get it on a host order in March. I'm always curious what new products they'll come out with. Will this product be on the catalog cover? Last Nov. I believe it was the white DCB that was the recruit promo. Ooh, now I'm thinking that to be truly fabulous they would have to have a replacement for the Chillzanne. Do we have to wait until Feb. at the spring launch meetings to find out the new products? I'm so used to the January reveal.

Now if it was more Disney points they were offering, I'd be all over it :)

YEAH, BABY!!!

Maybe it's just that the new product isn't the carrot that it used to be for me. I love earning the new product (and with my schedule this month, I should be getting it all for free!) but it's not the motivator for me that it used to be. I actually have 2 recruits this month, but who knows if they'll qualify in time???

I've recruited two so far this month, so as long as one of them hits their $1250 in their first 30 days, I'm golden! I can't wait to see what it is!

I agree with Linda....we are beginning to sound a little bit like Amway....

I don't agree with "sounding like Amway" for a few reasons:1. Why keep this amazing business to yourself? Are you that selfish?
2. Recognize what you want repeated! Sales get bonuses, why not recruiting? I haven't heard anyone complaining that they reward those who sell more!
3. More people on my team make it easier for me to keep my director status.
4. Bonus for me, bonus for them!

I love the incentives....but am not getting any....I don't feel comfortable pushing for that 30 day goal....ah well...

It's a nice little goal to work for. To give yourself that extra push.

cmdtrgd said:
I don't agree with "sounding like Amway" for a few reasons:

1. Why keep this amazing business to yourself? Are you that selfish?

2. Recognize what you want repeated! Sales get bonuses, why not recruiting? I haven't heard anyone complaining that they reward those who sell more!

That's just rude.

Like I stated - my feeling about the incentive has nothing to do with my actual recruiting. How many have you recruited in the last 6 months? Because I am well on my way to earning (Whatever they call it now - some award) in recruiting. I've had 7 recruits in the last 5 months...and 2, possibly 3 more this month. I share the opportunity with everyone at my shows, however, I do not like feeling like I am being pressured to recruit, and even more so, I don't like pressuring new recruits. I've had more than one recruit who has felt like a failure, or been discouraged because they didn't hit the 30 day qualifier - and I have to spend time making sure that they know that they are still doing a good job, and that they are going to be just fine. DON'T call me selfish.

ChefBeckyD said:
and even more so, I don't like pressuring new recruits. I've had more than one recruit who has felt like a failure, or been discouraged because they didn't hit the 30 day qualifier - and I have to spend time making sure that they know that they are still doing a good job, and that they are going to be just fine.

Exactly...I wish they'd change it to the first 60 or 90 days. It's tough when they get a cancellation, a rescheduled show or work FT to ask that they find a way to find a new show, push for the 30 day mark or find time to prospect and have shows with the 1 or 2 free days available.

I love the incentives, I want the incentives....but do not feel "right" pushing the new consultant. Plus, as you said....the reassurances needed if the goal is missed.

Even 45 days would be better to qualify in.

Becky-
Do you do Grand Openings with them? I have one tomorrow and one next week. Am I being realistic hoping for $1000 shows with 30-50 guests invited? Just curious- Thanks!!

Both of my Oct. recruits were not at all motivated by the $100 product package. Their "why" is casual. It's great that they signed during a promo time, but I immediately let getting that incentive go once I learned their goal was NOT the "extra." The PC $s earned during the 90 days is a little something extra as far as they're concerned. But I'll be making sure they get $1250 in before the end of the year so I get my recruiting points and I have shared this with them.

I think the Nov. incentive is more of a way for new recruits to have at least one new spring product if they don't get anything else from SAT.

I'm feeling ancient, but I seem to recall that PC did not used to do so many recruiting incentives. I know the # of consultants is down. Once the #s pick up, some people will be so used to incentives that they'll start complaining if there's only an incentive 3-4 times/year. The $$ from when a recruit qualifies within their 90 days in a built-in incentive.

All that being said, I can't wait to see what the Jan./Feb. incentives are: recruiting, trip, etc.

As a new (second time around) consultant, I love the fact that PC has so many recruiting incentives. Before deciding to re-sign with PC, I looked into MANY other DS companies & was sure to look at their new consultant incentives this month (along with all of the other stuff you should look at before signing).

I also think that the recruiting incentives give new consultants that extra "push" to qualify in their 30 days. Plus, it makes it more appealing to get "potentials" to sign. That being said, why not use each months recruiting special to turn those "maybes" into "yes". If anything, it gives you a reason to call your "potentials" & who knows, maybe this is the month they are ready to sign.

recruiting is not down in my group for sure. I have 60 new people in my organization this year, 18 person recruits since March 31st. Not all of them have qualified, not all of them will. I look at the incentives like a nice bump but it does not make me make them do anything they do not want to do. If there goals do not match up with qualifiying in 30 days, so be it. look at the bigger picture in your business and you will reach those goals (trips, incentives, Excellence Awards).

loreo said:
Becky-
Do you do Grand Openings with them? I have one tomorrow and one next week. Am I being realistic hoping for $1000 shows with 30-50 guests invited? Just curious- Thanks!!
Most of my recruits are hosts, and sign after their show w/ the kit credit. I get their bookings for them at their show. ALL of my recruits except one are working full time (and she is my most consistent consultant who bounces from SC to TL), and are just wanting to do a few shows a month, and none have them have felt comfortable with booking a show a week after their own show. So, they sign, they get their kit, and then 2-3 weeks later, they begin their show schedule. If they are doing 1 show a week, that puts them at 45-60 days to qualify. That, to me, is a much more reasonable time period.I really can't say about the $1000 shows. My new recruits have been averaging about $600 for their first shows...but, that is quite possibly the sucky economy here in MI! :)

cmdtrgd said:
I don't agree with "sounding like Amway" for a few reasons:

1. Why keep this amazing business to yourself? Are you that selfish?

Kate is right! I wish that I had been asked to sell by any of the consultants that I met 12, 13 14 and 15 years ago.

Amway has a sneaky reputation. Pampered Chef has Never fostered tricking people into hosting or coming to an appreciation meeting that is really a high pressure recruiting seminar.

I don't always make the recruiting bonuses(I think it's reverse psychology...), but I'm going to share the power of one more often.

Besides...I want the new product.

Could it be a Mini Deep Covered Baker like I've been asking HO to make?????

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
As a new (second time around) consultant, I love the fact that PC has so many recruiting incentives. Before deciding to re-sign with PC, I looked into MANY other DS companies & was sure to look at their new consultant incentives this month (along with all of the other stuff you should look at before signing).

I also think that the recruiting incentives give new consultants that extra "push" to qualify in their 30 days. Plus, it makes it more appealing to get "potentials" to sign. That being said, why not use each months recruiting special to turn those "maybes" into "yes". If anything, it gives you a reason to call your "potentials" & who knows, maybe this is the month they are ready to sign.

I have yet to have a consultant sign because of the monthly incentive. Last year, I did have 3 sign when we had the kit rebate. That is the only incentive that potential recruits have really been excited about.

I kept reading the posts after responding to Kate's post. I have found that my consultants that qualify within their 30 days make bigger paychecks, have a consistant show schedule, and come to the meetings excited.

That pretty much is why HO offers the incentive. Like I said, unfortunately, my track record for qualifying them in 30 days for me to earn something isn't the best. I think it's my Catholic guilt kicking in trying to make sure I don't appear greedy. My last recruit qualified and earned stones. It was nice getting a $50 visa card. I feel like I had a revelation when I realized that helping her succeed is my job. By letting my other recruits meander there way through the business I really failed in doing my job. Hopefully, this is a lesson that I won't forget.

If you are too busy to train or don't want to be pushy then talk to your director. Any director should be more than willing to completely train all of their downlines new recruits. We do this to help others build their own teams and to establish a good business relationship. It also is a good practice because one day that new consultant could be a top leader, top seller or maybe end up in our first line if the original recruiter leaves the business.

I'm all for the recruiting incentives...except last months blue PC items...I'm a U of L fan and where proudly wear red while my hubby and son bleed blue for U of K.

I have a potential recruit and it's my frist recruit. Question - if I sign someone this week - what would their start date be for qualifying? As soon as they sign the contract or as soon as they receive their kit? And how long does it usually take to get your kit? It seems that to qualify in 30 days in mid November would be difficult. You only have until Dec 15th to get orders in before Christmas and I can't imagine anyone have a show after that until mid January. I'd hate to sign them now when they will hardly get any Pampered Chef bucks because they couldn't get many bookings.

I love the recruiting incentives, and Becca is right....I'll cry if they go away! lol I just want my cake and eat it too....I want more time for the recruits. He He

Chefgirl2 said:
I kept reading the posts after responding to Kate's post. I have found that my consultants that qualify within their 30 days make bigger paychecks, have a consistant show schedule, and come to the meetings excited.

That pretty much is why HO offers the incentive. Like I said, unfortunately, my track record for qualifying them in 30 days for me to earn something isn't the best. I think it's my Catholic guilt kicking in trying to make sure I don't appear greedy. My last recruit qualified and earned stones. It was nice getting a $50 visa card. I feel like I had a revelation when I realized that helping her succeed is my job. By letting my other recruits meander there way through the business I really failed in doing my job. Hopefully, this is a lesson that I won't forget.

If you are too busy to train or don't want to be pushy then talk to your director. Any director should be more than willing to completely train all of their downlines new recruits. We do this to help others build their own teams and to establish a good business relationship. It also is a good practice because one day that new consultant could be a top leader, top seller or maybe end up in our first line if the original recruiter leaves the business.

I'm all for the recruiting incentives...except last months blue PC items...I'm a U of L fan and where proudly wear red while my hubby and son bleed blue for U of K.

umm, yeah - but to be accused of not sharing the opportunity and being called selfish? Come on!

I completely understand the motivation behind a strong start, a full calendar and thorough training. I have been recruiting...13 this year, I FULLY train my recruits (I download and record MP3's if needed), offer new consultant training monthly, on the phone 3-4 times a week and also meet with them weekly if that's what they need. I do their Kick Off show if they desire....team newsletter...etc....LOTS of support. But as BeckyD states, their "why" is key. I do not push my needs on them, I do not insist they have a FT calendar if it is not their preference. We offer freedom & flexibility and state they run their biz according to their needs....

It's unfair to assume we "let" them "meander"....we are responsible for supporting them....but THEY have to choose to train....THEY have to decide how much they want to work and THEY decide at what pace. I already have my own goals to meet and am disappointed when I don't meet them, I do not want the added guilt" of having "failed them". Plus, they define "success" for their business...it's unfair to push our definition of success onto them. But yes, I would love for everyone to want to be FT and have 8+ shows a month....

ChefBeckyD said:
umm, yeah - but to be accused of not sharing the opportunity and being called selfish? Come on!

I know I felt great when my new consultant was sharing her excitement about earning the bonus. It's when I looked at past new consultant's track records that I realized that the one's that made the 30 day bonus were making more money than consultants who took months to qualify...or still haven't qualified.

I do feel guilty that I let my thoughts of others judging me as pushy if I helped them qualify and get me something free hold me back from helping them qualify on time. It wasn't until recently that my attitude changed to "by helping them qualify Pampered Chef is rewarding both of us for working hard to help grow the new consultant's business by establishing a strong foundation."

I can't help with what I did in the past. But, I am letting potential recruits know that I'm here to help them make their goal. I find out what they want. It could be products, to pay the mortgage or might only be a few hundred a mont. They know I will help them. They also know that with any new job you have an initial training. Pampered Chef rewards those that take the first 90 days seriously in many ways. By working together they will have a strong foundation that will having them working smarter...not harder. And they will love being a Pampered Chef Consultant

My job is to sell our products and to find others to sell them for me - through future hosts and new consultants.

Earlier I said I wish I had been asked to sell years ago. I'm not perfect. I try to ask everyone about the opportunity and hosting, but I fail big time. I'm too chatty and tend to forget. The ticket game and letting everyone know what I'll be asking them has helped some.

Last edited:
Yes, ultimately, it is up to the consultant if they do the training or not. There is nothing worse than trying to make someone do something they don't want to do. I remember someone saying how difficult it is to drag someone to succeed.

I want you to want it, but I can't make you to want it.

Sometimes those incentives the company offers are a perfect fit for consultants that need just a bit more than what I can offer.

I don't feel pushy in helping my new consultants set up for success by reaching that 30 day goal. Out of the 9 I have had this year, only 2 have not met the 30 days. I do this not to earn the incentives, because, while some are good others I can take or leave, but because THEY have a better start with meeting the 30 day goal. They get more PC$ so they can add more to their kits. They always get the extra incentive as well.
I tell all of my consultants to schedule 6 shows BEFORE they order their kits. We use the List of 100 and we talk about the 3 contacts consistently per day. The shows can be a combination of catalog and cooking shows, but the 6 give them a buffer in case one cancels or reschedules, and always ensures meeting that 1250. I also tell them that the reason we do it this way is to set them up for success in their first 90 days. I realize that 6 shows a month are not for everyone, so they can tailor that # to meet their needs, but let's try this for the first month.
As a Director this is one of the ways I can help my consultants start with a good taste in their mouth about all that PC has to offer. That is my job. I understand that the reason I get that extra 4% at the end of each month is that I am expected to take some extra time to help those people who have chosen to join my team. And I am more than glad to do it. Just my two cents.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I completely understand the motivation behind a strong start, a full calendar and thorough training. I have been recruiting...13 this year, I FULLY train my recruits (I download and record MP3's if needed), offer new consultant training monthly, on the phone 3-4 times a week and also meet with them weekly if that's what they need. I do their Kick Off show if they desire....team newsletter...etc....LOTS of support. But as BeckyD states, their "why" is key. I do not push my needs on them, I do not insist they have a FT calendar if it is not their preference. We offer freedom & flexibility and state they run their biz according to their needs....

It's unfair to assume we "let" them "meander"....we are responsible for supporting them....but THEY have to choose to train....THEY have to decide how much they want to work and THEY decide at what pace. I already have my own goals to meet and am disappointed when I don't meet them, I do not want the added guilt" of having "failed them". Plus, they define "success" for their business...it's unfair to push our definition of success onto them. But yes, I would love for everyone to want to be FT and have 8+ shows a month....

Can I have you for my director instead? ;) Before I joined I had hosted enough shows to know how to add up my free products and such but it seems my director has left me high and dry.

JenniK said:
I have a potential recruit and it's my frist recruit. Question - if I sign someone this week - what would their start date be for qualifying? As soon as they sign the contract or as soon as they receive their kit? And how long does it usually take to get your kit? It seems that to qualify in 30 days in mid November would be difficult. You only have until Dec 15th to get orders in before Christmas and I can't imagine anyone have a show after that until mid January. I'd hate to sign them now when they will hardly get any Pampered Chef bucks because they couldn't get many bookings.

Your new consultant will get an Email after they sign- and it will tell them what the 30-day and the 90-day dates are. It typically takes 5-7 days to get the kit after the contract is submitted/received by HO. They usually date the 30-day/90-day dates from when they would approximately receive their kit.

So if you signed someone Nov 10, they'll get their kit about Nov 15-17. Their 30-day mark would be probably about Dec 16-17th timeframe.

And don't underestimate this time of year for bookings! People are shopping for Christmas! I've seen so many consultants say this is their busiest time of the year! (including January!) The key would be having your new recruit line up those 4-6 Cooking shows in her first 30-days before signing.

JenniK said:

If I recall correctly HO usually issues a small extension to consultants' 90 days who sign during the November/December timeframe. I believe they did that last year- to account for the dead period for holiday shipping cut offs. I am not sure what the policy is around this though- i.e. if you sign after X date you will receive an extension.

kdangel518 said:
If I recall correctly HO usually issues a small extension to consultants' 90 days who sign during the November/December timeframe. I believe they did that last year- to account for the dead period for holiday shipping cut offs. I am not sure what the policy is around this though- i.e. if you sign after X date you will receive an extension.
No, that was just an extra incentive for signing...you got an extra 30 days. No guarantees that will be an incentive again this year.

ChefBeckyD said:
No, that was just an extra incentive for signing...you got an extra 30 days. No guarantees that will be an incentive again this year.

That's what it was- thanks for the correction Becky!

Are you serious? I'm totally shocked at some of the responses to my previous post!Becky - I was not accusing anyone of not sharing the business. This is something I say to ALL my team members to get them thinking of their potential and current recruits! This gets them out of their head and thinking of how this business can help OTHERS! In fact, I did not accuse YOU, but you did accuse me. Most of us were asked by someone to give this business a try. And, if you're on here, it most likely worked and is working out for you or you are working hard to make it work out. I'm curious, did any of you sign solely to help someone else succeed? I'm betting the answer to that is no. I do know of people who signed at a certain time because it helped out a friend, but it also helped them out. I love what I do and I do my best to work my personal business. I work with my team members with THEIR needs and dreams, not with what I get. However, sometimes they do intersect! I have a "I might want to become a Pampered Chef Consultant sometime in the next 20 years" list that I go back to. I have a portion of that list that wants to know when the next incentive is announced, one group that wants me to contact them with every new catalog and another group that is more specialized (ie. contact me in 2 years when I'm done with school). This is what THEY have asked me to do. Why would I want to bug someone with something they don't want? Why would I want to convince someone to sign and go for an incentive if it isn't the right time? I would end up doing all the work and I'm way too lazy for that! Recruiting has ALWAYS been a part of this business - how did you get in? If you don't want to, fine! I'll recruit those who you (as in the generic you) don't. If you want to earn a trip, you need to recruit because that is part of the deal. If you look at it from the standpoint of a strong recruiter who isn't great at sales, only half of their points can come from recruits. So, if they have enough points, but more than half are recruiting points, they don't earn the trip!As for being pushy about getting $1250 in their first 30 days - huh?!? You don't want your new recruits to earn as much PC$ as possible so they don't have to invest any more of their cash into their business? You don't want them to earn Sell-a-thon products so they don't have to/need to/want to buy them when they are available? I truly don't get it!!! Yes, you can take a horse to water but can't make him drink. Same thing with recruits. You can give them all the training and support possible, but they may not make it. It is the recruiter's (or director's) job to offer all the help and support possible. In fact, I'm on the phone with my team today discussing the 2 show part of Sell-a-thon so my hobby people don't miss out. If they go on to hit $1500 - great! IF they aren't interested - great! I've done the job I'm paid for (overrides and activity bonuses) by making sure they are aware and know how to accomplish what is going on. I also call them when they are close to getting a monthly increase in commission. Am I telling them they have to sell? NO! I'm letting them know that if they are interested, they can earn more money just by hitting $750, $1250, $2500 or $4000 in sales...they decide what they are going to do!So, I highly suggest (if you're interested in recruiting) that you think about how it will help THEM and be excited when it also helps you.

cmdtrgd said:
Are you serious? I'm totally shocked at some of the responses to my previous post!

Becky - I was not accusing anyone of not sharing the business. This is something I say to ALL my team members to get them thinking of their potential and current recruits! This gets them out of their head and thinking of how this business can help OTHERS! In fact, I did not accuse YOU, but you did accuse me.

Most of us were asked by someone to give this business a try. And, if you're on here, it most likely worked and is working out for you or you are working hard to make it work out. I'm curious, did any of you sign solely to help someone else succeed? I'm betting the answer to that is no. I do know of people who signed at a certain time because it helped out a friend, but it also helped them out.

I love what I do and I do my best to work my personal business. I work with my team members with THEIR needs and dreams, not with what I get. However, sometimes they do intersect! I have a "I might want to become a Pampered Chef Consultant sometime in the next 20 years" list that I go back to. I have a portion of that list that wants to know when the next incentive is announced, one group that wants me to contact them with every new catalog and another group that is more specialized (ie. contact me in 2 years when I'm done with school). This is what THEY have asked me to do. Why would I want to bug someone with something they don't want? Why would I want to convince someone to sign and go for an incentive if it isn't the right time? I would end up doing all the work and I'm way too lazy for that! Recruiting has ALWAYS been a part of this business - how did you get in? If you don't want to, fine! I'll recruit those who you (as in the generic you) don't. If you want to earn a trip, you need to recruit because that is part of the deal. If you look at it from the standpoint of a strong recruiter who isn't great at sales, only half of their points can come from recruits. So, if they have enough points, but more than half are recruiting points, they don't earn the trip!

As for being pushy about getting $1250 in their first 30 days - huh?!? You don't want your new recruits to earn as much PC$ as possible so they don't have to invest any more of their cash into their business? You don't want them to earn Sell-a-thon products so they don't have to/need to/want to buy them when they are available? I truly don't get it!!! Yes, you can take a horse to water but can't make him drink. Same thing with recruits. You can give them all the training and support possible, but they may not make it. It is the recruiter's (or director's) job to offer all the help and support possible. In fact, I'm on the phone with my team today discussing the 2 show part of Sell-a-thon so my hobby people don't miss out. If they go on to hit $1500 - great! IF they aren't interested - great! I've done the job I'm paid for (overrides and activity bonuses) by making sure they are aware and know how to accomplish what is going on. I also call them when they are close to getting a monthly increase in commission. Am I telling them they have to sell? NO! I'm letting them know that if they are interested, they can earn more money just by hitting $750, $1250, $2500 or $4000 in sales...they decide what they are going to do!

So, I highly suggest (if you're interested in recruiting) that you think about how it will help THEM and be excited when it also helps you.

That was very nicely put Kate. I agree with you totally on all of it.

Thanks, Becky. That means a lot!

I just hate it when intentions and words (and feelings) get misunderstood or come across wrong in a post. I like too many of the posters in this thread to see it generate hurt feelings. (Those who've been around here awhile know what I'm referring to...)

(sorry, I'm just in a mama-hen mood today)

Leggy - no problem! I love it when you're a mama-hen :)I use strong words because I need to be hit upside the head many times before it gets in there. And, once it is there, I am passionate about it. I just hope that people can change their focus and help to change other peoples' lives!

Hasn't there been a phrase used in our business stating that....why would not want to share the business and deny others the benefits you have enjoyed? I think that symantecs come in to play rather than a personal attack on anyone being selfish.

As Kate stated, recruiting is about anything but selfishness. The more you think of your own benefits, the less successful you are at recruiting. I have seen this time and time again. Once I am able to help someone with that recruiting interview, they soon see it too. The more the recruit lead talks, the more they are to sign. Just keep asking them open ended questions abou themselves and you will see them come up with their own solutions as we sprinkle (not barf) information in. Sure, someone has to have the interest and some have more than others but when their fears become reasons as to why the want to do it, they are more likely to sign.

I too have seen those that hit $1250 in sales in their first 30 days get the momentum they need and the bookings they need to keep their business going.

For me recruiting is not the easiest but I am determined to get better at it. That is my own personal goal. We each can have our own:chef::love:!
PC is only trying to get us what most of us want...to have more financial freedom and fun with our business.

I found when I never mentioned recruiting at my meetings (thinking I didn't want to push someone to recruit)...my team did not grow. Then I started mentioning it and eventually mentioned it at every meeting with a bit of tips or training mixed in. I now have 3 people very close to obtaining directorship...and their own teams. I am so excited for them because I know how much fun it has been for me to see others do well. It has not all been a bed of roses, but nothing worth achieving rarely is easy!!

legacypc46 said:
I just hate it when intentions and words (and feelings) get misunderstood or come across wrong in a post. I like too many of the posters in this thread to see it generate hurt feelings. (Those who've been around here awhile know what I'm referring to...)

(sorry, I'm just in a mama-hen mood today)

Well put, Mama-Hen!!!! I feel the same way. After meeting fellow cheffers at conference this past summer, I just can't picture others meaning to attack others. Especially after a few drinks!!!:D:sing:

I want the product too ... but I'm not going to cry into my diet coke if I don't get it.

I, too, dislike the intense focus on recruiting and the 30 day qualifying rule.

I "qualified" in my first 30 days because I submitted 4 shows. But they "only" totaled $1123. It was the best I have done almost any month since, and much better than my launch into jewelry sales three years before. But if the new rules were in effect, I would have felt like a failure as well.

Go, Becky, go!

After all of this I went to last night's show with the intention of really sharing the business. So, even though it might be touchy - it's good to get it all out.

I have 3 strong recruit leads!...and...I tried the weekly calendar idea and booked a show for next Thursday!

So, by erasing my fears of being pushy I could help 3 people have cash in their accounts rather than debt on a credit card after the holidays...if they do their $1,250 in 30 days:)

Jen1409 said:
Can I have you for my director instead? ;) Before I joined I had hosted enough shows to know how to add up my free products and such but it seems my director has left me high and dry.

Aw thanks Jen! :blushing: I really want a happy team and hope that I am properly supporting each member. Some days I wonder if I am. I'm sorry you are feeling abandoned...it's smart to stay connected with the team....your success helps her with her own.

Good thing CS and all the gurus are here. We'll be your support system. :D

I share the business with everyone I can, but when a recruit signs, the main thing that I stress is to keep it fun. My last recruit said that she wasn't going to be a top seller and in her first 3 weeks she hasn't done anything, but I told her to do what she wanted however she wanted. Just have fun doing it.
I wasn't impressed at conference with the "power of one demo" they did on stage. It made it look like recruits were going to be falling off trees. We just have to go gather them up.

Chefgirl2 said:
After all of this I went to last night's show with the intention of really sharing the business. So, even though it might be touchy - it's good to get it all out.

I have 3 strong recruit leads!...and...I tried the weekly calendar idea and booked a show for next Thursday!

So, by erasing my fears of being pushy I could help 3 people have cash in their accounts rather than debt on a credit card after the holidays...if they do their $1,250 in 30 days:)

I have 3 people signing this week. It's not about a fear of being pushy.

I still consider myself to be new (5mo) and my Director shared a story with me how she was at Conference and a higher up asked her how many recruits she had. When she said none, that person also asked her/said something about being rude and keeping the business all to herself. I loved the story and it put it in a new perspective. She shared with me b/c I totally stink at recruiting (obviously as I have zero and zero with interest) so I stopped trying all together b/c I figure why bother. She shared the story and said exactly that "why be selfish and keep it all to yourself?" and I never took it as rude. Guess it depends on personality types.

I love the incentives and think dangling a carrot is good. If you recruit for the right reasons (to share the opportunity) then you shouldn't care about the incentive anyhow, instead think of it as just icing on the cake.

Until I find that needle in the haystack that they call a recruit, I'll keep drooling for the carrot. (And personally I wish they put more incentives out there for sales than recruiting. Then I could compete! I'll prob make free conference in sales but won't get it due to no recruits so that aspect of the carrot dangling is less than ideal (nice way to say sucks) in my opinion)

ChefBeckyD said:
I have 3 people signing this week. It's not about a fear of being pushy.

Glad you wrote this....offering the opportunity and helping others is one of the wonderful perks we have, *offering* being key....I don't know where offering the opportunity and perks as being pushy became the subject...

When I wrote not wanting to "push", I was referring to the 30 day window. As much as *I* WANT this, I wanted to be mindful of my team mate's agenda. I agree with many comments about wanting to be supportive, of training them as best as possible, of letting them know how close they are to that next "bonus"....I had just meant that *I* would love to have 60 days for each new recruit...not that I did not enjoy the recruiting incentive....not that I did not want my recruits to start strong...not that I did not understand my role in supporting and training....not that I did not want them to avail themselves of all the bonuses our company offers....not sure how we all got fired up on should do's and don't do's.....thought we were all referring to "I wish"....

I think I may start considering Becky J's idea of having 6 shows lined up BEFORE the official signing....smart move....

Melissa78 said:
I love the incentives and think dangling a carrot is good. If you recruit for the right reasons (to share the opportunity) then you shouldn't care about the incentive anyhow, instead think of it as just icing on the cake.

Until I find that needle in the haystack that they call a recruit, I'll keep drooling for the carrot. (And personally I wish they put more incentives out there for sales than recruiting. Then I could compete! I'll prob make free conference in sales but won't get it due to no recruits so that aspect of the carrot dangling is less than ideal (nice way to say sucks) in my opinion)

Yup...I do not want the incentives to stop....I'll take them if they ask me to twirl around and chant for the next free item! lol

I think that recruiting incentives should continue, AND I agree that sales should also receive kudos. I have neglected my personal biz that my sales are suffering....I would not reach those incentives if based on sales :( but I think that the powerhouses like you deserve the kudos too! An incentive for each facet of our biz, bonus for those who are rocking both (like Miss Becky D) would be fabulous! Again....my post is an "I wish"....not I don't understand why....

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Glad you wrote this....offering the opportunity and helping others is one of the wonderful perks we have, *offering* being key....I don't know where offering the opportunity and perks as being pushy became the subject...

When I wrote not wanting to "push", I was referring to the 30 day window. As much as *I* WANT this, I wanted to be mindful of my team mate's agenda. I agree with many comments about wanting to be supportive, of training them as best as possible, of letting them know how close they are to that next "bonus"....I had just meant that *I* would love to have 60 days for each new recruit...not that I did not enjoy the recruiting incentive....not that I did not want my recruits to start strong...not that I did not understand my role in supporting and training....not that I did not want them to avail themselves of all the bonuses our company offers....not sure how we all got fired up on should do's and don't do's.....thought we were all referring to "I wish"....

I think I may start considering Becky J's idea of having 6 shows lined up BEFORE the official signing....smart move....

WE were....;)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cindycooks
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefann
  • babywings76
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
wadesgirl