• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Family Members: Potential Benefits or Problems?

In summary, you cannot recruit someone who lives with you, but you can sign someone who lives in the same household as you.
MHPampered
I just signed up 10/13! YAY I am very excited to start recruiting and building my team. My one concern is one of my potential recruits is my Stepmother whom lives with me.

I see potential problems with this and also see potential benefits with recruiting her.

Anyone have experience with recruiting a family member or someone very close to you? Was there a lot of competition there? Was there conflict?

Also, do you recruit someone just to recruit someone even though you may think they might now follow through or do very well?

Thanks,
Megan

First thing - you can't recruit someone who lives in the same home as you. It's against policy.

Second - I've recruited my mom & it didn't go well b/c she wouldn't listen/take advice/do what I suggested to her as ideas for getting her business going.

Third - My cousin just signed under me & we are doing great. No conflict or competition. However, we live about 1/2 hour apart.

Fourth - Don't pre-judge anyone. If they come to you with the desire to get started, show them what they need to do to be successful. They'll have to take it from there.

I wasn't aware that I could not sign someone who lives with me? I was just talking to my director about signing her and she said nothing of this. Do you know where I can find this policy?

It's actually listed on part of the web agreement process. If you would like to see it, go to consultant's corner > managing your business > recruits & leads > consultant agreement > consultant agreement guide

It's listed as next to an "*" under what you need to complete your agreement.

Ok so I called the solution center to get some clarification and was told:

You can not recruit someone who lives with you

They can sell Pampered chef but they must be recruited through another consultant

Bummer

I wonder how it would apply if they lived in an attached apartment or in-law suite with a separate entrance?

NooraK said:
I wonder how it would apply if they lived in an attached apartment or in-law suite with a separate entrance?

I would think that is ok, because that is a separate address. I say that because my hubby and I live in a 2 family house. So when we rent the downstairs, even if to family they would not be in my household. the policy is same household I believe, not same house.

1. What is recruiting family members?

Recruiting family members refers to the process of hiring or enlisting relatives to work for a company or organization. This can include immediate family members such as parents, siblings, or children, as well as extended family members like cousins, aunts, and uncles.

2. Is it legal to recruit family members?

While there are no specific laws prohibiting the recruitment of family members, it is generally discouraged as it can lead to potential conflicts of interest and favoritism. Some companies may have policies in place that restrict or prohibit the hiring of family members to avoid these issues.

3. What are the benefits of recruiting family members?

Recruiting family members can offer several benefits, such as having a pre-existing bond and understanding between the employee and employer, as well as potential cost savings for the company. Family members may also have a strong loyalty and commitment to the company, leading to higher retention rates.

4. What are the potential drawbacks of recruiting family members?

One potential drawback of recruiting family members is the potential for conflicts of interest and favoritism within the workplace. This can cause tension and resentment among other employees and may affect overall team dynamics. There is also a risk of personal issues spilling over into the workplace, creating a distracting and unprofessional environment.

5. Are there any alternatives to recruiting family members?

Yes, there are several alternatives to recruiting family members. Companies can focus on creating a diverse and inclusive workplace by implementing fair hiring practices and promoting equal opportunities for all candidates. They can also offer employee referral programs to encourage current employees to refer qualified candidates from their network, which can result in a diverse pool of applicants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCdreamer
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
amy07
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
jmesser
  • Boomerjojo