• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do When You've Been Inactive in Pampered Chef for a Year?

In summary, Lisa was inactive for a year and when she tried to reinactivate she found out that she had to wait 6 months before she could do so.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
Well, this year has been quite busy. We bought a house, got married, are remodeling, & I finish nursing school. Amongst all of that, I haven't had very much time to do PC. In fact, I haven't had time at all. I worked 60-80 hours until recently so that we could live the lifestyle we lived before the recession. Now, I am unemployed, so what's a girl to do, but call up her director & see what's new. Well, let me just say, in the nearly 2 years I've been in her cluster, she's invited me to 5 meetings, 3 of which she canceled. So anyways, I called her up to see what's new with pampered chef & low & behold, I've been inactive for a year!! Wish someone would have warned me. So what now? I don't have the income to reinactivate. I lost all of my PC dollarts which was around 200. I know for a fact that I won't be signing with her again if I do sign. So Now I come to you my PC friends. What can I do?

Re: Ahhhh!!Since you've done this before, why don't you get the mini kit?? Could you possibly do a show and either get the kit credit and put towards mini kit and sign with someone else, or get $ around and do a show as launch show to start your sales going??

Just thinking outside of the box, and only on 3.6 hours of sleep.

Lisa

Re: Ahhhh!!Find someone new to sign under that you think you would like to work with and get the Mini Kit. It is only $65 and there is a great promotion going on right now too where you get a bonus for signing before the end of the month. Good luck!

Last edited:
Re: Ahhhh!!Well, one thing that is new is the Mini-Kit, which is $65.
Since you already have the full starter kit, and wouldn't really need everything in it, you could sign under a different director and get the Mini-Kit. All the same paperwork, just less products.
It is for a limited time though, I believe through 12/31. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Re: Ahhhh!!Just a few things:
- You can't use the kit credit on the mini kit
- The mini kit costs $65

But yes, I would recommend the mini kit in your situation and finding someone else to work under. If your director wasn't in communication with you, especially regarding your status, I wouldn't want to be under her again.

Re: Ahhhh!!Go for the Mini Kit! (You cannot use kit credit for it.)Sorry your director wasn't on top of things for you!

Re: Ahhhh!!Sorry, I said I was without sleep, they're right can't use kit credit with mini kit.

Lisa

Re: Ahhhh!!Not to sound like a broken record....but find someone you like to sign with and get the Mini Kit. Between commissions, 90 days worth of PC$ and the product special, it's a great way to get back in the biz.

Good luck!

Re: Ahhhh!!Actually in April they changed it that you can only be inactive for 6 months before you lose your position.

Re: Ahhhh!!
Tropicalburstqt2 said:
Well, this year has been quite busy. We bought a house, got married, are remodeling, & I finish nursing school. Amongst all of that, I haven't had very much time to do PC. In fact, I haven't had time at all. I worked 60-80 hours until recently so that we could live the lifestyle we lived before the recession. Now, I am unemployed, so what's a girl to do, but call up her director & see what's new. Well, let me just say, in the nearly 2 years I've been in her cluster, she's invited me to 5 meetings, 3 of which she canceled. So anyways, I called her up to see what's new with pampered chef & low & behold, I've been inactive for a year!! Wish someone would have warned me. So what now? I don't have the income to reinactivate. I lost all of my PC dollarts which was around 200. I know for a fact that I won't be signing with her again if I do sign. So Now I come to you my PC friends. What can I do?
Eek. This sounds like a lot of miscommunication all the way around. You have clearly had an eventful year- congratulations on getting nupped and a new house, as well as completing nursing school. Those are some wonderful accomplishments.
I do have a couple of questions.
* When you signed as a consultant, did you read any of the policies and procedures? Did your director explain that if you didn't submit ( at the time) $200.00 every 2 months you would become inactive, and after a year you would lose your consultancy? If she didn't explain, did you take the initiative to find out for yourself?
When you were in danger of losing your consultancy, did you receive any notice, either from the HO or your director?
I am asking these questions because I noticed your signature states some great goals. However, in order to attain these goals you cannot rely on someone else to keep up with information that is not only readily available to you, but also something that is difficult not to know unless you simply choose to ignore it.
I think it is fantastic that you are considering PC again. Keep in mind, however, that in order to succeed you are going to have to take on significantly more responsibility for the success of your business. It stinks that you did not have a supportive upline and I hope that this time you will be able to find a director who is helpful and supportive.

Re: Ahhhh!!That's where I was. 6 months inactive in October. Wish I would have known because I wouldn't have went inactive that long. A lesson learned I guess.

Re: Ahhhh!!
Tropicalburstqt2 said:
That's where I was. 6 months inactive in October. Wish I would have known because I wouldn't have went inactive that long. A lesson learned I guess.
Ahhh... yes they did change that with the new career plan. Did you read any of the 80 bazillion emails sent from the HO regarding the new plan?

Re: Ahhhh!!I knew that I had been inactive for 2 months, but did not know that I was inactive long enough to no longer be a consultant. So much has happened this year (way more than I mentioned). I realize that I am at fault for going inactive, but a friendly reminder from my director would have been nice. I had a great year last year with PC, but this year was bad from the start. I may have received a notice from HO, but the email that I was using through them had a virus (it was a school email) & the school had to change the domain. I changed it with everyone I thought, but maybe I forgot to change it with PC. Regardless, I'm inactivated.

Re: Ahhhh!!I agree, a note from your director would have been very nice. I was just curious. :) Good luck!

1. What happens to my account if I've been inactive in Pampered Chef for a year?

After one year of inactivity, your account will be considered dormant and you will no longer have access to your consultant website or be eligible for commission payments. However, your account will still remain open and you can reactivate it at any time.

2. Can I still attend Pampered Chef events if I've been inactive for a year?

Yes, you are still welcome to attend Pampered Chef events and trainings as a guest. However, you will not be able to participate in any consultant activities or receive any commission payments until you reactivate your account.

3. How do I reactivate my account after being inactive for a year?

To reactivate your account, simply log in to your consultant website and place a minimum $200 order. This will reactivate your account and you will regain access to your consultant tools and be eligible for commission payments again.

4. Will I lose my downline if I've been inactive for a year?

No, your downline will remain intact even if you have been inactive for a year. However, your downline may be affected if you do not reactivate your account and continue to be inactive for an extended period of time.

5. Can I still earn rewards and incentives if I've been inactive for a year?

If you reactivate your account within a year of becoming inactive, you will still be eligible for rewards and incentives. However, if you remain inactive for more than a year, you will not be able to earn rewards and incentives until you reactivate your account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cook1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Cpfeifer
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
RiverSong
  • Lexif424