• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing and Assisting Consultants: Tips and Advice for First-Time Recruiters

In summary, Shannon is new to her director role and is nervous about supporting her team. She has found helpful resources on the website, such as the online courses and the recruiting DVD. She suggests that new recruits do their online training and get a debit card. The most helpful resource for her was when her director gave her some items to give to her recruits as a starting off. When she reconnects with her recruits, she will be able to discuss the list of 100, host coaching, and a cooking show.
purrbal
Gold Member
Okay YEAH Me!

But in some ways I'm scared to screw it up. LOL I know sounds silly, I know ask your director for help. Funny story there she's recently decided she is going back to school to get her teacher certificate. I want to go to our show closing looking very organized and ready to help her be the best she can be. How do I do that, I've tried a few searches on here but mostly what I see on here is read the procedures guide or contact your direct. What I want to see is how some of you organize your information about your consultants and how you answer their questions when this is the first time you've been asked these questions. I know I know ask my director but it isn't quite that easy.

Is there anyone out there that has file system they'd like like to share. How do you not feel so nervous that you run away from the endeavor before the it actually goes through. I'm at a loss and confused and just hoping there is some support here rather than deferment. Sometimes I think it is easier to reach out to those we don't know so well than to face someone we do and admit we need assistance. Thanks for letting me present my question.

I don't have a filing system for my downline. Consultant Connection does all of that for me. It has their basic info (name, phone #, e-mail address and when their 30 & 90 days end) and it shows you how much they are submitting each month. If you've taken the online course about Consultant Connection, it teaches you to look at that info every day. By mid-month, if you notice that someone under you has not submitted any shows, you can call & encourage them to do so before they go inactive. Like I didn't know one of my recruits was doing another show, until I saw on Consultant Connection that she had submitted a 2nd one for the month. Is that what type of info you were looking for?As far as how do to an interview and how to answer questions that they may ask, you should take the online courses that walk you step by step through that procedure. It's also a good idea for you to watch the recruiting DVD before you go over there. It gives some general ideas as to why Pampered Chef can benefit consultants.

Oh, yes ... CONGRATS on a recruit!!! :D

I'm not really in a position to give advice, since I haven't had a recruit yet, but in terms of answering questions, I'd say the best thing you can do is just, share from your own experience.
When I signed up, my director said that she preferred not to overload me with a ton of information right away, but deal with situations as they came up (i.e. she didn't need to explain right away how to deal with returns, things like that).
Encourage her to sign up for CS - this has been the most helpful resource for a newbie like me!
What I did find really helpful when I signed up was that my director gave me some things to help with my first shows (door prize items - twixits, SB's). So... maybe reflect on your own experience of signing up - what did you find helpful, what would have been helpful?Don't worry about being totally 'organized', but enjoy the experience and focus on what your recruit wants to know.CONGRATS!!!!

In the end I think I am just really nervous and it will all work out just trying to get some good ideas so I can go in prepared for the most part.

Congrats Shannon! I totally understand the nervousness of supporting your new team member. I was a spaz, wanted to share everything and make sure they had a solid and strong start. In the beginning, I did so much that I got sick and I think I overwhelmed some of them. :)

Great suggestions have been made, and I agree that you should use what you personally found useful. Strongly suggest that they do their online training asap, and that they apply for the debit card. Review their calendar with them, and "challenge" them to get you 4 bookings on that calendar. At this point, you'll be able to address the biz guide, the PCD rewards, prospecting and word choices.

When you reconnect with them to get an update on their results...you'll then be able to discuss the list of 100, host coaching and a cooking show. You can discuss what they thought about the online training and address any questions.

Be sure you always encourage and that you celebrate all their actions...the results of those actions will bear fruit, but recognize that they're working the biz.

Hope that helps.

Some great files for you to check out, thanks to the great CS members:

What to Do While Waiting For Your Kit.doc (There are many versions on here...read and edit to your needs and preferences)

or Scott's New Consultant Training #1.doc

and

http://www.chefsuccess.com/attachme...d-pc-consultant-your-neighborhood-flyer-3.doc

plus read: http://www.chefsuccess.com/attachme...consultants-make-most-their-first-90-days.doc

There are a whole bunch of other great docs listed in the files, search for "new consultant" and "training".

Have fun, build a connection and be honest....that's what I have found most useful. All the previous stress was pointless and not helpful to me or the new consultant.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Thank you for the pep talk and pointing me in the right direction for things to review and possibly utilize. Thanks a bunch!:love:

Shannon, congrats! My best advice for you is to seek out the Guide to Supporting New Consultants. You can download it from Consultant's Corner. It's an EXCELLENT resource and will help you tremendously! You can also order it from the supply form. GL!

What is "My Very First Recruit"?

"My Very First Recruit" is a guidebook aimed at helping individuals successfully recruit their first team member for their business.

Who is the author of "My Very First Recruit"?

The author of "My Very First Recruit" is Jane Smith, an experienced entrepreneur and business coach.

What topics are covered in "My Very First Recruit"?

The book covers topics such as identifying the right candidate, effective communication and interviewing techniques, and how to onboard and train your new team member.

Is "My Very First Recruit" suitable for all types of businesses?

Yes, the book is designed to be applicable to all types of businesses, from startups to established companies.

Can "My Very First Recruit" be purchased in both physical and digital formats?

Yes, the book is available for purchase in both physical and digital formats, making it accessible for all readers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • sburnside