• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting People on Unemployment?

In summary, "Recruiting People on Unemployment" refers to the process of hiring individuals who are currently receiving unemployment benefits. Companies may consider this option to access a wider pool of candidates, reduce costs, and potentially hire motivated individuals. However, there are potential risks such as lack of recent work experience and legal implications. Strategies for recruiting may include partnering with government agencies, attending job fairs, and utilizing online resources. A successful hire can be ensured by thorough screening and training, clear expectations, and opportunities for growth within the company.
kcmckay
Gold Member
I know this issue has been discussed before but I just don't have time right now to really search. I have a show on the 30th that the host is interested in business but is nervous about it, but is still very interested. She was recently laid off due to outsourcing to another country. It's awful what happened to her. But anyway she doesn't want to lose unemployment. I know I can show her the income potential if she wanted to do PC full time but I don't think she's considering it as a full time endeavor. But I'll work on that. What things should I know as far as what she needs to do with being on unemployment? Thanks for any input on this matter. It will be most appreciated.

I know the search function isn't all that great, but the Similar Threads feature works better. Now that you've posted, the threads from before are listed at the bottom. Hopefully those will help!

I was on unemployment from June 2008 to the end of April 2009. I did not declare my PC because I didn't average over $400 a month in commission... In fact, I had a few months I didn't even hit $100 (July 2008 had a big $0). If she gets some big numbers, it would affect it but if not, it doesn't.

It depends on where you live - you need to look up your own states rules. I live in WA & I have to claim ANY amount I earn in self employment & then 75% of that amount is subtracted from my unemployment check. I just did it for the first time this week & I got a ton of paperwork to fill out with employment security ... just wondering who else is dealing with this ... :)

Hi there! I completely understand your concern and the situation your potential host is facing. It's always difficult when someone is facing unemployment, but it's great that she is interested in potentially starting a business with Pampered Chef. As a consultant, it's important to know the regulations and guidelines surrounding unemployment benefits and starting a business. I would recommend reaching out to your upline or the Pampered Chef home office for specific information and guidance on this matter. It's also important to have an open and honest conversation with your potential host about her goals and intentions with starting a Pampered Chef business. Best of luck with your show on the 30th and I hope everything works out for your host!

What is "Recruiting People on Unemployment"?

"Recruiting People on Unemployment" refers to the process of hiring individuals who are currently receiving unemployment benefits from the government due to being unemployed. This may include individuals who have recently lost their jobs or have been unemployed for an extended period of time.

Why would a company consider recruiting people on unemployment?

There are a few reasons why a company may consider recruiting individuals who are currently receiving unemployment benefits. This may include accessing a wider pool of candidates, reducing recruitment costs, and potentially hiring individuals who are highly motivated and eager to work.

What are the potential risks of recruiting people on unemployment?

One potential risk of recruiting people on unemployment is that these individuals may not have recent work experience or may have gaps in their employment history. They may also have a lower level of skills or qualifications compared to other job seekers. Additionally, there may be legal implications and restrictions surrounding hiring individuals who are receiving unemployment benefits.

What are some strategies for recruiting people on unemployment?

Some strategies for recruiting people on unemployment may include partnering with local government agencies or career centers, attending job fairs or hosting informational sessions specifically for unemployed individuals, and utilizing online job boards and social media to reach this demographic.

How can a company ensure a successful hire when recruiting people on unemployment?

A company can ensure a successful hire when recruiting people on unemployment by thoroughly screening and interviewing candidates, providing training and support for any necessary skills, and setting clear expectations and goals for the position. It is also important to maintain open communication and provide opportunities for growth and advancement within the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SusanBP0129
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • PampChefDeb