• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My New Consultant's First Show...

In summary, Lisa's new consultant is feeling overwhelmed and stressed because her MIL is hosting her first show and she is not sure if she is doing a good job. The new consultant has not been able to follow the host's coaching routine and is feeling like she is failing. The new consultant is trying to get help from her MIL, but the MIL is also busy. The new consultant has only invited 5 people to her show and is worried that it will not be a good show.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I feel so bad for my new consultant. Her MIL is hosting her 1st show. My new consultant has done her best to coach what I would call the un-coachable. She wouldn't give her addys to send out the invites, and then decided she wouldn't send out invites at all, that she would just do a FB invite. IMHO, I can certainly see FB as a good reminder, but that's it. I believe that FB is good for announcing but you need to INVITE people whether it be via a post card or phone call, or maybe even e-invitation. Well, my new consultant is so upset, feeling like she is failing because the host told her she only had two people coming. She is trying really hard to qualify in the first 30 days, and she wants her MIL to get lots of products. So, you know me: I won't stand for this. Can't keep my mouth shut. And, when her MIL friended me on FB, I jumped at the opportunity. I just hope I didn't over-step or piss her off.

ME: (Post on her wall for a number of reasons) Hi, Lisa! How are your plans coming along for your Pampered Chef show? I bet you're going to have a great turn out!

HOST: Don't know about that, seem to only have about 4 people confirmed :(...people are just too busy I guess and with the economy...who knows...

HOST: Two teachers from school said they were ordering from the catalogs but won't have order in to me until Monday.

HOST: Well, looks like I have about 5 people coming so far, sending out reminders and making some calls tonight...we'll see, I hope for XXX that it turns out okay...sent out like 25 invites for cryin' out loud (I'm thinking, only 25?!)

ME: 5 is a good start! And, outside orders are great! Be sure to call as many people as you can, even if you didn't mail them the post card invites. For anyone you didn't *officially* invite, you can always say its an impromptu get together to help out your DIL. And, fwiw, based on my experience, for sending out 25 invitations 5-8 in attendance is the norm. Plus, some people won't RSVP. And, I know Lauren wants this to be a great show so *you* gets lots of free products!

ME: I forgot to add: I know things are tight financially for most, but with the economy, people are cooking at home more, and realize that they need to invest in quality tools. I just had a show where the host had $1000 in sales with 10 guests. Actually, I have had my biggest, personal best shows since the issues with the economy. Go figure! I guess what I am trying to say is not to stress out about the attendance. You will have a great show!

So, what do you think?

I think you kept it very upbeat and helpful...not overstepping or being rude at all! It was very encouraging, and may help her to think about inviting more people. She sounds like someone who needs 10 times more positive thinking in her life to balance out the negative!

Anne,

I think what you posted sounds great.

And for those who may be reading this and have never heard, when new recruits are host coaching family and friends (especially during those first few months), they should say "I have a certain coaching routine and process that I'm trying to learn. Can you play along so that I can be sure to do a good job with all of my hosts." This covers wanting to send the invites and just getting people to listen to what they can do to have a better show.

Anne, I think you did great! :DI love the "that's a great START" comment. I picked that one up recently off one of the training CD's and LOVED it! :D

chefjeanine said:
Anne,

I think what you posted sounds great.

And for those who may be reading this and have never heard, when new recruits are host coaching family and friends (especially during those first few months), they should say "I have a certain coaching routine and process that I'm trying to learn. Can you play along so that I can be sure to do a good job with all of my hosts." This covers wanting to send the invites and just getting people to listen to what they can do to have a better show.

That's basically what I told her to say, but the lady said, "That's fine, but no one does invites any more." Oh, ok. Well, now you knw why you have 5 people coming to your show.

LOL Don't you just LOVE those people who know how to do our business better than our proven methods??? ;)

Sheila said:
LOL Don't you just LOVE those people who know how to do our business better than our proven methods??? ;)

Oh, I know... You know if invites didn't work, we wouldn't have them! I told my husband last night that I wasn't going to let this lady off the hook and that in a way, I feel she did more harm than good. My consultant was actually thinking of quitting because she felt she couldn't coach someone to have a good show. Thankfully, my consultant has booked 2 shows; one in Nov and one in Jan, so she is feeling much better. Now, if this host pulls it off, that will be great.

I think you may have helped rather than harmed. :) Just tell your new team member, that after this show is under her belt, she'll know she can handle the difficult hosts who occassionally pop up! And if 5 people do show up, despite the host's lack of effort, then she can count it as a success.

1. How do I prepare for my first show as a new consultant?

To prepare for your first show, make sure to familiarize yourself with the products and their uses, practice your demonstrations, and have all necessary supplies and materials ready to go. It's also a good idea to review the host's guest list and reach out to them beforehand to introduce yourself and answer any questions they may have.

2. What should I include in my first show demonstration?

Your first show demonstration should include a variety of products that showcase the versatility and usefulness of Pampered Chef items. Choose a mix of popular and new products, and make sure to highlight how they can make cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable for the host and guests.

3. How can I make my first show successful?

To make your first show successful, be enthusiastic and engaging, listen to the needs and interests of the host and guests, and be knowledgeable about the products. Encourage interaction and participation, and offer helpful tips and suggestions for using the products in different ways.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid during my first show?

Some common mistakes to avoid during your first show include over-promoting or overselling products, not allowing enough time for guests to ask questions or try out products, and not being prepared with enough product knowledge or supplies. It's also important to not be too pushy or aggressive in your sales approach.

5. How can I follow up after my first show?

After your first show, it's important to follow up with the host and guests to thank them for their support and offer any additional assistance or information. You can also ask for feedback and suggestions for future shows, and offer to help them with any product questions or orders. Follow-up is key for building relationships and potential future business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedK