• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Help My Kosher and Carless Prospect Succeed in Direct Sales?

I don't know, will, there is a way. I think the easiest solution would be to get a ride to the show from a friend or family member. I know people who have done this and it has worked out. Ann, if you make any progress with her, I would be happy to get on the phone with you and her to brainstorm more workarounds for the kosher situation.Thanks, Susan!
chefann
Gold Member
I know there are threads on here dealing with these issues, and I will do a search to get what info I can from them. I just wanted to get a current-day perspective, since some of the threads may be pretty old. And this way, I can get current feedback from people who have dealt with this type of situation.

I worked a booth last week with a clustermate at a home business/franchise fair. We didn't get a lot of leads, but those we got are recruit leads. (yay!) One of the women I spoke to seemed to have several issues with direct sales business. When I approached her, she made a comment that led me to believe she thought we just wanted her to have a party. Once I explained that we were there to talk to people who were interested in making money, she opened up a little.

However, she keeps Kosher, and seems to have in her head that she would be somehow hobbled in her business by that. I did try to address that concern by telling her that she could always do kosher demos, or by using hosts' tools (when they had them). But the other big issue is that she doesn't have a car, and has a very small house (she told me that when I mentioned that I knew consultants who do all their parties at their own homes). Detroit has LOUSY public transportation, and she said she doesn't have friends who would be willing to drive her around.

If you've dealt with consultants on your team who have worked around either or both of these situations, can you please share how they made it work?

Thanks!

I can't help with the Kosher aspect of the challenges but no transportation was an issue with one of my consultants who signed in August. It is also a concern for another who is planning to sign this month or next.

One of the suggestions I had for both these women is to work out a "deal" with the host. In exchange for a ride to and from the show the consultant can offer an extra product (or add to the free product). She can use the host discount to accomplish this. An extra $20 in free product does not cost her that amount.

The girl who signed in Aug knows students who live nearby. Several of these people have cars. In exchange for a ride she invites them to a home cooked dinner the evening before or after her show.

If shows are not too distant she gets a taxi and keeps the receipt for taxes.Of course the taxi driver is a huge help with the bags too.

I hope some of these ideas are helpful
Diane

I don't have a car right now. I use my husbands on the weekends and in evenings. If he's not available, or we overlap, I find him a ride to and/or from work, or I borrow a neighbor or friend's car. Where there is a will, there is a way!As for keeping Kosher, if she is using her tools, and preparing the food, I don't see it as a problem. She can offer to buy the groceries andhave the host pay her back at checkout. That way she knows what she is using is kosher.I would think keeping Kosher would be a huge advantage in certain communities. She could market towards those communities as a kosher pc consultant. It could be brilliant!Good luck!

I spoke with HO over a year ago about the kosher issue - the consultant can order another kit within the first couple weeks after signing. S/he has to write an e-mail to HO explaining the kosher situation.

Then, the consultant can have the kosher set at home and to bring to other kosher houses, and bring the non-kosher set to non-kosher homes. She can use her PC $ to buy duplicates if she anticipates needing them for dairy and meat. For example, she might need 2 DCBs, one for the 30 Minute Chicken and one for the Potato Chowder (made with milk and cheese).

Ann, if you make any progress with her, I would be happy to get on the phone with you and her to brainstorm more workarounds for the kosher situation.

Thanks, Susan! That helps a lot with that issue. I will be in contact if I need to pick your brain a little more.

I have heard that we have Amish consultants. Now, there you have a challenge. They do not use electric in their homes, and they do not have phones (generally). If there are exceptions, they probably are Mennonites. Amish do not drive cars but are not ashamed of hiring rides or sometimes bartering to get wherever they want to go.

Like someone said, where there is a will, there is a way.

1. What is the purpose of the "Prospect- Kosher and No Car" category?

The "Prospect- Kosher and No Car" category is specifically designed to cater to individuals who follow a kosher diet and those who are looking for low-carb options in their cooking and baking. It offers a range of products that are certified kosher and have low or no carbohydrate content.

2. Are all the products in the "Prospect- Kosher and No Car" category certified kosher?

Yes, all the products in this category are certified kosher by a reputable kosher certification agency. This ensures that the products meet the strict dietary guidelines of the kosher diet and are suitable for consumption by those who follow it.

3. Can I find gluten-free options in the "Prospect- Kosher and No Car" category?

While the "Prospect- Kosher and No Car" category primarily focuses on kosher and low-carb options, there are some products that are also gluten-free. These products are clearly labeled as gluten-free for easy identification.

4. Are there any cooking or baking tips for using the products in the "Prospect- Kosher and No Car" category?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a range of recipes and tips on how to use the products in this category for delicious and healthy meals and treats. You can find these resources on our website or by consulting with a Pampered Chef consultant.

5. Can I find products suitable for specific dietary restrictions in the "Prospect- Kosher and No Car" category?

Yes, in addition to catering to those who follow a kosher and low-carb diet, the "Prospect- Kosher and No Car" category also offers products that are suitable for other dietary restrictions such as dairy-free, nut-free, and vegetarian. These products are clearly labeled for easy identification.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Chef Kearns