• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crafting a Recruit Referral Email: Striking While the Iron is Hot

In summary, my friend only sent her email addy. I want to craft an email that doesn't overwhelm with information, is friendly/warm/open, and really opens the door for communication (and of course, my first recruit).
ChefJoyJ
I posted earlier about a potential recruit referral...and my friend only sent her email addy. So, I want to craft an email that doesn't overwhelm with information, is friendly/warm/open, and really opens the door for communication (and of course, my first recruit). ;)

Does anyone have a standard email or can anyone steer me in the right direction. My brain is drawing a complete blank, which is odd because I'm usually pretty good with words, but I blame it on a very whiny 2 year old, who isn't feeling very well...and my recent insomnia. :rolleyes: Thanks so much!!!

(As my friend said, I want to "strike while the iron is hot".)

I would just keep it simple - say that you got her email from your friend, and you'd love to set up some time to talk about the business opportunity. Ask her if she'd like to meet in person or talk over the phone, what days/times work best for her (give her some days/times that work for you and let her choose those) and then tell her you look forward to hearing from her to talk more about it. An email will be overwhelming if you put anything else in it other than that. It needs to be a discussion, asking her what she wants to know, what questions she has, not an info-filled email that scares her off. HTH and good luck!

Hi Stacey,

I got your email address from Leah, who mentioned you might be interested in the Pampered Chef business opportunity. I love my Pampered Chef business, especially how I can work around my family's schedules...which is important, considering I have a 10 month old and a 2 1/2 year old! :) I'd love to set up a time to talk with you about it and to answer any questions you may have. Is email the best for you right now or would you like to talk over the phone? My phone number is XXX-XXX-XXXX, and since I'm a stay at home mom, I'm available during the day. However, I will say nap time for both kiddos is probably best, which is from 2:30-4:30ish, but if that doesn't work for you, let me know, and we can easily work something else out!

I look forward to hearing from you!

How is this?? I need to send it out this morning, but wanted some input!
(She's a SAHM too, which is why I mentioned my kiddos...but)

It sounds good, but you're assuming that's her motivation. Don't assume anything - ask her why she wants to get into the business, then tell her how convenient it is to do with little ones at home (if that's part of her motivation). That's why I suggested a simple note and to set up a call or meeting to discuss in person. Email is not the way to go, so definitely ask for her phone number and when a good time to call would be, if she'd like to do it over the phone. In person is always best, though, so if you can work that out, I'd try for that. Good luck!

Ditto Cathy on all accounts!

1. How can I make my recruit referral email stand out?

To make your recruit referral email stand out, you should personalize it and make it visually appealing. Use the candidate's name and highlight their unique skills and qualifications. You can also include a catchy subject line and use images or videos to make the email more engaging.

2. When is the best time to send a recruit referral email?

The best time to send a recruit referral email is immediately after you have had a positive interaction with the potential candidate. This could be after a networking event, job fair, or even a casual conversation. The key is to strike while the iron is hot and the candidate is still interested and engaged.

3. How can I incentivize my employees to refer candidates?

One way to incentivize your employees to refer candidates is by offering a referral bonus. This could be a monetary reward, extra vacation days, or even a gift card. You can also make it a friendly competition among employees and offer rewards for the top referrers.

4. What information should I include in my recruit referral email?

Your recruit referral email should include details about the position, the company, and the referral process. You should also mention any specific qualifications or skills you are looking for in a candidate. Additionally, you can include information about the rewards for successful referrals and any upcoming events or job fairs the candidate may be interested in.

5. How can I track the success of my recruit referral email campaign?

You can track the success of your recruit referral email campaign by setting up a tracking system. This could be through a referral link, a unique code, or a designated email address for referrals. You can also use analytics tools to track the open and click-through rates of your emails. Additionally, you can ask candidates how they heard about the job during the interview process to get a better idea of the effectiveness of your email campaign.

Back