• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlocking the Mystery: Securing Four Shows from the Night's Encounter

In summary, when you sign someone you meet at the show that night, how do they get their four shows for the agreement? When I signed I only had 2 official shows but I knew I would have the 2 more. Not sure if that wass the right thing to do but I made a snap decision to become a consultant again. Her first show can be the kickoff, she can do her own catalog show etc etc.
AJPratt
Silver Member
When you sign someone you meet at the show that night, how do they get their four shows for the agreement?

When I signed I only had 2 official shows but I knew I would have the 2 more. Not sure if that wass the right thing to do but I made a snap decision to become a consultant again. Her first show can be the kickoff, she can do her own catalog show etc etc

This is what I do for ALL my recruits, and exactly what my recruiter did for me. This is what I say- "These are not dates that are set in stone, give it your best guesstimate, and if you don't keep them on these exact dates, that's ok. They just want to be sure that you know that 4 shows is a good start, so if you don't have 4 dates planned yet, I can work with you to do that!"

So if I had a recruit that signed spur of the moment, at a show, etc. I would say "Let's put down four dates when you THINK you might be able to have shows. These dates are not set in stone, so don't worry if you can't keep these dates. They just want you to know that having four shows is a good start- I will work with you and help you get your first few shows booked!"

Really, it's just a technicality when you put it that way, not a big deal.

I did that before and had some people who couldn't find shows after they signed. So, I decided to have them get shows, then sign. Now, I am wondering if the excitement has worn off? Maybe I should do a case by case.

All I can is..."You go girl!" You seem to be really rocking your biz right now!!!

Thanks! I am trying, that's for sure!

my recruiter just had me pick 6 dates that I thought I could have shows on and the people who would have them...my mom, my sister, my cousin, myself, my best friend. I personally don't know anyone who is a consultant who knew exactly who and when their first shows would be. When I signed you had to do 6 shows...and back then I think you could count 5 orders as a show...even if it wasn't $150. That made it easier to get my first 6 shows. I have been a consultant for 9 years.

kdangel518 said:
I would say "Let's put down four dates when you THINK you might be able to have shows. These dates are not set in stone, so don't worry if you can't keep these dates. They just want you to know that having four shows is a good start.

That's basically what mine said, too.

Thanks for all of your insight!!

Originally Posted by kdangel518
I would say "Let's put down four dates when you THINK you might be able to have shows. These dates are not set in stone, so don't worry if you can't keep these dates. They just want you to know that having four shows is a good start.
This is basically what I say too except I add that we really want them to look at their calendar and see when they can work their business and to have those first dates earmarked before making their calls.

When I started we had to have 6 dates and they had to be actual dates with names and phone numbers. I made the calls and had them on the calendar in about 48 hours. I think it was a good thing because as I was making the calls I did get no's and wondered if I should do this but kept going just to see if it was what I should do (but I have to say, I don't make my consultants do that). I've been a consultant for 7 years now and my business has carried me through lots of life changes. I am so blessed.

Well, I think I let too much time pass and I think I lost my recruit. She hasn't responded to my texts or FB--just one or two messages, nothing crazy. I don't know what to say.

That stinks AJ, but don't give up on her yet! I had someone I was recruiting who kinda fell off the face of the earth for a few weeks and is now on my team.

Sounds like you have her number, right? I would call her and let her know that you're just checking in, and if anything has changed to let you know, otherwise you'll keep trying her until you catch up.

As far as whether or not someone will be more successful if they have their 4 shows planned before they sign up... I'm of the mindset that either someone will be successful if they want to, and will put the effort in, or they won't bother because they don't care, and whether they have those four shows up front or not isn't going to change that in the end.

It's sad but true... I've seen many people comment on here that they will only spend time coaching consultants who genuinely want help and desire success. I think that's just the attitude you have to have. My DH has voiced concerns when I've told him about potential recruits, and my comment is always that it is their biz, not mine... there will always be more recruits out there for me, so it's not like I'm hurting myself or my team by taking this person on if she turns out to be one of the unmotivated ones, right?

It is frustrating, but unfortunately I think that's just the nature of the biz :rolleyes:

Thanks for your advice. I want to follow up with her to find out where she is with the opp, but at the same time, I don't want to crowd her, either.

What is "So, I've Got to Ask..."?

"So, I've Got to Ask..." is a popular cooking and recipe blog run by Pampered Chef. It features delicious and easy-to-follow recipes, cooking tips, and product recommendations to help you create amazing meals at home.

Who writes the content for "So, I've Got to Ask..."?

The content for "So, I've Got to Ask..." is written by a team of experienced chefs and food experts from Pampered Chef. They are passionate about cooking and love sharing their knowledge and expertise with others.

Are the recipes on "So, I've Got to Ask..." exclusively for Pampered Chef products?

No, the recipes on "So, I've Got to Ask..." are not exclusive to Pampered Chef products. While we do recommend and use our own products in our recipes, you can easily substitute with similar products from other brands.

Can I submit my own recipe to be featured on "So, I've Got to Ask..."?

Yes, we love receiving recipe submissions from our readers! If you have a delicious and unique recipe that you would like to share, please send it to us through our website. Our team will review it and potentially feature it on our blog.

How often is "So, I've Got to Ask..." updated with new content?

Our blog is updated regularly, with at least one new post every week. We strive to provide our readers with fresh and exciting content to keep your taste buds happy and inspired. Make sure to check back often for new recipes and tips!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Deb Bixler
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • pattikake