• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Benefits of Having Your Own Show with Host Name | Why It Matters

In summary, a consultant's show can have a co-host, but the show can't have a co-host if the show was done by the recruiter (recruiter as consultant for the show) before the new consultant signs.
beepampered
So I have a recruit having her own show to start. When she closes, should it be in her name or in her husband's name? Why? Thanks....

She can host her own show- in her own name. She just won't get the "past host discount" or "booking benefits" for shows booked. But everything else should be available. (I think...)

She should enter it in P3 in her own name, as "Consultant Acting As Host." Like Bobbi said, no Past Host Discount or future booking benefits, but it's all above board.

her name for sure.

Oh, and she doesn't earn commission on anything that she orders as host beyond FPV and half-priced items either.

We never get commission on half-priced items so that won't matter.Will her friend be able to get the past host discount at her kickoff show?

beepampered said:
We never get commission on half-priced items so that won't matter.Will her friend be able to get the past host discount at her kickoff show?

Right. What I meant was that she would not be able to get commission on the items that are discounted 20-30%. We do earn commission on the discounted price of those items at our shows, except when the consultant is acting as host.

Yes, her friend can use a PHD she's earned in the last year at her show.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I know she'll get the 10%. Will she be able to buy a piece of stoneware 60% off?

She will not get the 10% for being a past host. She WILL get the 60% off stoneware (this is a September show, right?), but not be able to get it again as a Past Host.

So why not have the 'husband' be the host and then 'he' can reap the past host discount benefit in the future and she makes the commission?

I think if the host is married to you or living at your same address, they cannont do that... is that correct someone?

That's right, I did read something about that. My 'sister' was my so-called host for my first show...not married to me nor living with me.

I know a former consulant who when she recruited and did the kick off show, always put host of new consultant, but listed either her mom or dad (as most aren't living at home) or sibling as co-host so that someone could take advantage of the booking benefits and it was always the co-host who ordered the more products.

Don't know how above board that was, but I know she did it for years.

Lisa

beepampered said:
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I know she'll get the 10%. Will she be able to buy a piece of stoneware 60% off?

If your new recruit booked off her friend, then said friend is still eligible for any of her host benefits, whether it'd be the 10% PHD or the booking benefit. Once the new recruit signs, she loses her booking benefits and PHD (but she gets at least a 20% discount anyway, so that's not a big deal),

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I know a former consulant who when she recruited and did the kick off show, always put host of new consultant, but listed either her mom or dad (as most aren't living at home) or sibling as co-host so that someone could take advantage of the booking benefits and it was always the co-host who ordered the more products.

Don't know how above board that was, but I know she did it for years.

Lisa

A kick off show implies that the consultant has already signed. If that is the case, it is policy that a consultant's show can not have a co-host. If the show was done by the recruiter (recruiter as consultant for the show) before the new consultant signs then it is perfectly fine to have a co-host.

There's no need for us to get the booking benefit since a consultant can take advantage of the monthly special any time she chooses just by putting together a show - most of us get stray orders enough to put together a catalog show often enough to do that in a month that we want the special and if we don't have enough orders after a while our customer base is wide enough that we can put out an email asking if anyone needs anything.

Also, there is no reason to put a show in someone else's name. Since we can do a show anytime we can get those booking benefits when we want them and, while we don't get commission on purchase with the host's show discount, it's our choice whether we use that or not. The minimum consultant discount is 20% so if the show discount is more you're just getting a bigger discount, if it's 20% then you can choose whether to spend the money now or put in a personal order.

If I need to get a show to a higher level I will order a gift for someone that has an event coming up and I do order it in their name but I have found that I want things for me ordered in my name - makes adjustments much easier and it's the ethical thing to do.

Beth,
Let me be clear.......I said.......
I know a former consulant

Frankly, I suck at recruiting, so I don't have to worry about this. I've recruited 5 people in past and none are still doing PC.

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Beth,
Let me be clear.......I said.......

Frankly, I suck at recruiting, so I don't have to worry about this. I've recruited 5 people in past and none are still doing PC.

Lisa

Lisa, none of my comments were directed at you or a criticism of you. I was simply stating how I interpret terms we use and PC policy.

What are the benefits of having my own show with a host?

Having your own show with a host allows you to earn free products and discounts, connect with friends and family, and learn new recipes and cooking techniques.

How do I choose a host for my show?

You can choose a host by reaching out to friends, family, co-workers, or even hosting a show yourself. Your host will invite guests and provide a location for the show.

What kind of rewards can I earn from hosting a show?

As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your show. You can also earn exclusive host bonuses and receive a discount on any additional products you purchase.

How can I personalize my show with my host?

You can personalize your show by choosing the recipes you want to feature, inviting guests, and creating a fun theme or activity for the event. You can also work closely with your host to plan and organize the show.

Why is hosting a show beneficial for me?

Hosting a show not only allows you to earn rewards, but it also gives you the opportunity to try new products, get exclusive discounts, and spend quality time with friends and family while learning new cooking skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sequeemamma
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • esavvymom