• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Staying in Contact: The Importance of Follow-Up with Hosts and Customers

In summary, this girl had a $1000 show, and wanted to become a consultant, and was never contacted again following her show!
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I just was reminded of a the value of staying in contact with your hosts/leads/customers...

I had a HO lead this morning - interested in booking a show, and wanting more info on becoming a consultant.
I called her, and she told me that she has an 11 week old baby, and just gave her 2 week notice at work today. She works retail 40 hours a week, and has been back 3 weeks, and hates leaving her baby. Fortunately - I had ONE date left in September when I could do a show, and she snatched it up.
Then, she told me that she'd had a show last year, w/ $215 in free product, and she'd told the consultant then that she was interested in becoming a consultant. My heart sank. I told her that in all fairness, if she had a consultant she was working with, then I should step aside. She said that she couldn't even remember the consultant's name, and that she had been given info on becoming a consultant, but was never contacted again!

This girl had a $1000 show, and wanted to become a consultant, and was never contacted again following her show!
Soooo, I guess it's Lucky Me that the other consultant completely dropped the ball.

I just thought that this really brought home to me again how important it is to follow-up!

Reading things like this opens my eyes and makes me realize that some of our customers DO want to be contacted. I'm always telling myself that so and so doesn't want to be bothered by a PC lady so why bother. Thanks Becky for sharing!

Thanks for the reminder Becky. I am in the process of following up with my leads from a job fair in June. :eek:

I love :love: reading about all of your success you are having, it inspires me!

pamperedpals said:
Thanks for the reminder Becky. I am in the process of following up with my leads from a job fair in June. :eek:I love :love: reading about all of your success you are having, it inspires me!
Thanks Laurie!
Again, I have to say that I've been working for almost 7 years to have this "overnight" success. :) I've never been more excited about my business!Oh - and the whole Home Office lead thing is just freaky. This is the 4th lead I've had in the past 6 weeks who wants to sign. 2 of them already have, and 2 have shows in Sept!
I was just talking to my director about it, and she has had 2 leads the whole year who wanted to sign! I'm an anomaly!

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks Laurie!

Again, I have to say that I've been working for almost 7 years to have this "overnight" success. :) I've never been more excited about my business!

Oh - and the whole Home Office lead thing is just freaky. This is the 4th lead I've had in the past 6 weeks who wants to sign. 2 of them already have, and 2 have shows in Sept!
I was just talking to my director about it, and she has had 2 leads the whole year who wanted to sign! I'm an anomaly!

No, it goes to show you when you do things right and least expect it THAT is when God chooses to bless you!

1. How often should I follow up with my hosts and customers?

The frequency of follow-up largely depends on the individual host or customer. However, a general rule of thumb is to follow up within 24-48 hours after a party or sale. This shows your commitment and dedication to providing excellent customer service.

2. What is the best method of communication for follow-up?

The best method of communication for follow-up is whatever method the host or customer prefers. This could be through email, phone call, text message, or social media. It's important to ask for their preferred method of communication during the initial contact to ensure effective follow-up.

3. How can I make follow-up more personal and effective?

Personalization is key when it comes to follow-up. Take notes during your initial contact with the host or customer and mention specific details in your follow-up, such as their favorite products or upcoming events. This shows that you value their business and are paying attention to their needs.

4. What should I do if a host or customer is unresponsive to follow-up?

If a host or customer is unresponsive to follow-up, don't take it personally. They may be busy or have other priorities at the moment. Send a friendly reminder and if they still don't respond, respect their decision and move on. It's important not to overwhelm them with constant follow-up.

5. How can I use follow-up to build long-term relationships with hosts and customers?

Follow-up is crucial for building long-term relationships with hosts and customers. It shows that you care about their satisfaction and are dedicated to providing exceptional service. Be genuine and take the time to get to know them personally. This will help create a strong connection and encourage them to continue hosting parties or purchasing from you in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
CoidgigBese
  • pcsharon1