• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Qualities of a Great Director | Share Your Favorite Traits"

In summary, the director is supportive and encourages each individual's goals. She also offers help in whatever manner is best for the consultant. My director also conducts interviews and sends out a weekly newsletter. She also helps train the new consultant.
pclinskie
Silver Member
Ok cheffers, I really want to be a good director!!
please tell me things you love about your director.
Thanks!

Super supportive of each person's different goals... How can I help YOU reach YOUR dreams, not help me keep my Director status... Don't put pressure on them to meet your organization goal, your encouragement to help them attain their goals will get you there.
Announce milestones, no matter how tiny, even if it's just a round of applause for taking an online course.

My director always has a way of making me feel better if thing don't go as planned. She keeps me focused and positive. And, helping me reach my goals, not hers.

TrishPCMommy said:
Super supportive of each person's different goals... How can I help YOU reach YOUR dreams, not help me keep my Director status... Don't put pressure on them to meet your organization goal, your encouragement to help them attain their goals will get you there.
Announce milestones, no matter how tiny, even if it's just a round of applause for taking an online course.

Ditto. We have a lot of p/t PC consultants in our cluster, but a few of us really want to promote and have consistent sales. She will offer us support for whatever our goals are, in whatever manner is good for us (via email, phone calls, positive reinforcement or being firm with us, etc.)

My director offers weekly/biweekly support calls for anyone in our cluster who so chooses to take her up on it. It is really helpful to keep us on track and connected, and stretches us to try new things and get new ideas!She also offers to interview potential consultants for or with us- via in person meeting or three way phone calls. This is great especially if you are newer at recruiting and are nervous about what to say during an interview! She will basically recruit the person for you if you bring her the lead :) Of course, the lead still signs under you! She's just there to help!

my director also conducts the interviews, which is super-helpful. she also sends out a weekly newsletter celebrating accomplishments and strongly encourages people to attend cluster meetings.

susanr613 said:
my director also conducts the interviews, which is super-helpful. she also sends out a weekly newsletter celebrating accomplishments and strongly encourages people to attend cluster meetings.

Ditto! I call our monthly cluster meetings my "church" because it seriously just motivates me so much more in my biz and I always feel good when I leave there!

And, BTW, kuddos to you for caring about your team and asking for this advice!

Thanks everyone, I am taking notes. keep them coming!!!

While I love my HD's meetings, when visiting CA, I attended one of Nanisu's meetings. I loved the fact that she respects her cluster's time by getting through the material very efficiently while still making sure everyone understands it. There's still an opportunity for networking after everything is covered, but if someone needs to go, they can.

My ED is helping me with training of my new consultant, doing the calls while I listen in (we're about 2000+ miles apart).

One thing that I want to do, once I am a Director, is to create a library of resources for my consultants to borrow from. I know there are lots of online resources, so I'm thinking more along the lines of outside PC resources. For example: I would have loved to buy the whole set of Tammy Stanley's CDs plus book etc, but I just can't afford that kind of an expense. As a Director, I would hope my income would be a bit greater that I could invest in something like this, and then make it available to my team to borrow. I would also want to include books that would be helpful, like The Aladdin Factor. Since I'm not near Director yet, I haven't worked out the logistics yet, but it's something I want to do.

NooraK said:
While I love my HD's meetings, when visiting CA, I attended one of Nanisu's meetings. I loved the fact that she respects her cluster's time by getting through the material very efficiently while still making sure everyone understands it. There's still an opportunity for networking after everything is covered, but if someone needs to go, they can.

My ED is helping me with training of my new consultant, doing the calls while I listen in (we're about 2000+ miles apart).

One thing that I want to do, once I am a Director, is to create a library of resources for my consultants to borrow from. I know there are lots of online resources, so I'm thinking more along the lines of outside PC resources. For example: I would have loved to buy the whole set of Tammy Stanley's CDs plus book etc, but I just can't afford that kind of an expense. As a Director, I would hope my income would be a bit greater that I could invest in something like this, and then make it available to my team to borrow. I would also want to include books that would be helpful, like The Aladdin Factor. Since I'm not near Director yet, I haven't worked out the logistics yet, but it's something I want to do.

Noora- This is also something my director does, and it's really helpful and great! She's been with PC for 14 years, so I'm sure a lot of it she's acquired over time, but it's really nice to have those resources available to us from her "lending library"!

The best thing about my Director is that it she makes it about ME not HER.

She has NEVER made me feel as I am not doing enough sales, recruiting, etc etc.

I am very part time and have not really been interested in promoting. She is absolutely fine with that. But, I also know that when I am interested in advancing, she would provide the help I needed.

She is available to listen to my issues and answer questions.

Also, if she doesn't know something - she will not "guess" at the answer. She will call HO and get the answer.

And, I am a meeting person, so I like that she has regularly scheduled meetings. In fact, at the beginning of the year, she lists them for the entire year. This makes it easy for me to make sure I am available those nights.

What qualities make a great director?

A great director is someone who possesses strong leadership skills, excellent communication abilities, creativity, adaptability, and the ability to problem-solve effectively.

How important is it for a director to have strong communication skills?

Communication is crucial for a director as it allows them to effectively convey their vision and expectations to their team. It also helps in building strong relationships and resolving conflicts.

Why is adaptability an important trait for a director?

A director must be able to adapt to changing situations and be flexible in their approach. This allows them to handle unexpected challenges and make necessary adjustments to achieve their goals.

What role does creativity play in being a great director?

Creativity is essential for a director as it allows them to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions. It also helps in keeping the team motivated and engaged in their work.

How can a director effectively problem-solve?

A great director is a skilled problem-solver who can identify issues, analyze them, and come up with effective solutions. They also involve their team in the problem-solving process and encourage collaboration to find the best possible outcome.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • krhodes74
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • amy07