• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant Doesn't Have a Computer- Need Advice

In summary, the host signed a consultant agreement, but is waiting for the funds to pay for the full kit. The consultant does not have an email address or a computer, but will be able to submit orders using forms sent to her by the director. The consultant is able to survive without a computer, but may need one for school.
kdangel518
Gold Member
Hi all- I am hoping you can give me some insight to this. I have a host who signed her new consultant agreement at her show. We are just waiting for her to save the funds to pay for the full consultant kit- should be within the next few weeks (she is a student and is buying a car this month, and didn't want to use FPV towards the kit. Anyway...)She currently doesn't have an email address, or a computer (no email I'm guessing due to lack of computer.)I will advise her to set up a gmail account or something to get news from our director, so hosts/guests can contact her, etc. I'm assuming there are computers at her school or a local library where she can check email.I want to be sure I am prepared to advise her on how to run her biz without a computer on all other aspects though. I understand she will have to mail paper orders in to the home office- what happens with outside orders? Since she doesn't have a computer she obviously can't print receipts for those and turn those in.I know she can run her biz without a website, not too concerned about that, and really, if she has a computer at school or at a library she can manage her website there (and do online trainings)What aspects am I missing here? Can anyone else with a consultant in a similar situation fill me in? TIA!

Last edited:
I would call HO and get the specifics. I know a consultant who just signed someone in the same situtation. She is allowing the new cons to use her computer to submit orders. And I know she can mail in shows/orders. If it were me, I would have Outside orders written onto the regular order forms and just give the customer a copy.

I don't know what her plans are, but perhaps she can save up her first couple of commission checks and purchase a computer for around $400.

Thanks AJ. Like I said, she's a student and she's doing this to earn more $$ for herself while she's in school. She's about to enter college (she's a little bit older than a typical HS grad but is doing this HS into college medical program her community offers), but I'm thinking that she is going to need a computer for school anyway...right?I need to talk with her a bit more about it and see what her intent is on that front, but I just want to be sure she CAN be successful at this without having a computer if that's really what her situation will be. Unfortunately I can't submit shows for her, etc. because she actually lives 60+ miles away from me and will be Hospitality with a director closer to her hometown.

Just wondering if anyone else has input on this... I would really like as much advice as possible! TIA! :)

I believe you can submit shows for her on your computer if she gives you her consultant number. I don't know the details.

I do feel that she can be successful without a computer. I think there are benefits to having one, but not having one is not a reason to not sign. Does that make sense?

She can fill out 3-part forms for the outside orders and mail back the Customer part to the customers. I've heard of consultants who will call in all the orders to their Director to be keyed into P3 over the phone.

I have a great part time consultant who has been submitting on my computer until this past week. It worked out just fine. Sometimes she came here, sometimes she dictated the orders to me over the phone...whatever worked the best for both of us. Sometimes she would come early to Cluster meetings or stay late and enter things or do supply orders. Just this Thursday she and her son bought a laptop together. They don't have internet at home but they will either come here or go to a fast food place or library and do updates and submit. She is SO excited but until now, it worked just great for over a year to get things going by using my computer so you'll be good to go for now!!!! Congrats!

I have a consultant that lives 2 hours away. I set her up as another user on P3 and she calls or texts me her orders. I do the same w totals. we figure out host/guest specials etc then I submit it when shes ready. I tell her how much to have in the bank for her debit! we have been doing this since March and its been great and fairly easy. she just got a new laptop ($299 @ office depot) and I got her a thumb drive ($15 @ wally, my gift) saved her files and helped her load them. hope that helps.

Thanks for all the great suggestions, I think I will just set her up as another user on P3 and have her call me with her show orders. That would work, and it would be a great opportunity for us to have a weekly coaching call anyway! :)

I am glad you have found a solution!

Have her download P3 on a jump drive, that way she can take it with her ANYWHERE to input orders & submit them to the home office. And she'll definitely need e-mail and go somewhere daily to check e-mail. That's pretty much a necessity in today's society.

1. How can I access training and resources without a computer?

As a new consultant without a computer, you can still access training and resources through your phone or tablet. The Pampered Chef website and app are both mobile-friendly and offer a wide range of resources, including training videos, product information, and marketing materials.

2. Can I place orders without a computer?

Yes, you can place orders without a computer by using the Pampered Chef app or by calling the customer service hotline. You can also use the paper order forms provided in your starter kit to take orders from customers and submit them through your phone or by mailing them in.

3. How do I create a Facebook group for my business without a computer?

If you want to create a Facebook group for your business but don't have a computer, you can do so through the Facebook app on your phone or tablet. Simply follow the same steps as you would on a computer, such as creating a group, adding members, and posting updates and promotions.

4. How can I track my sales and commissions without a computer?

To track your sales and commissions without a computer, you can use the Pampered Chef app or write them down in a notebook. You can also keep track of your orders and income using the paper forms provided in your starter kit, and enter them into the app when you have access to a computer.

5. Are there any other options for accessing a computer as a new consultant?

If you don't have access to a computer, you can always use a public computer at a library or community center. You can also reach out to your upline or fellow consultants to see if they have a spare computer you can use for business purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefkugler
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • byrd1956