• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tastefully Simple - New Program Sept 1St?

In summary, the new changes to Tastifully Simple consultants will go into effect on September 1st. The consultant is excited because she will be getting a raise, but others may not be so happy about it.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
I'm actually working with a new recruit lead and she's getting a lot of feedback from couple of different selling companies - Arbonne and TS. One of them mentioned new changes coming to Tastefully Simple consultants Sept 1st.

Does anyone know what they are?

No not yet... the gal I know has not made it public yet but she is super excited... Still PC and TS are COMPLETELY different!

I personally would rather spend my money on something I will have forever than the kind of $ you pay for TS and it is gone so quickly.

I'm with you... that's why i choose PC over TC last year. With today's economy, who can afford to spend $100 and it would be gone the next month. Plus, generic is in, and TS is not generic.

I also understand the host benefits were always tied to someone booking off the host; if no one booked, no benefit. Not sure if this is correct or not. I just love PC's host program. Hosts come out with so much more for having a party!

I haven't heard what the changes are, but my TS consultant is excited about them.

One major difference in the two that I prefer PC on: When the consultant places orders, she gets the payment from the customer, places the order, pays the wholesale price to TS and keeps the difference. I really don't know how that works with taxes and such, and I'd rather not hassle with it. Also, she has to pay for all the samples and all product that's given to the host to make for the show.

I saw something posted from my TS consutlant on her Facebook page about finding out something about getting like a 40% raise. I didn't even question it. When she did my show and does the 50% commission speal, while I respect the company and love the products and my consultant, anyone who believes they are actually going to get paid out 50% penny for penny of their sales apparantly hasn't read all of the fine print. I also have a very good friend who is a Premier Jewelry consulant and was told the same thing. I'm extremely careful not to bash other companies (especially since I have many friends and acquantances with just about every company), but it's time for her to renew her contract (they have to buy in with $300 every year). She had me look over the contract and her commission statements and compare them against mine (as a consultant level) making 20%. Guess what, when you compare apples to apples. The two companies make the exact same commission. Pretty wild!

ChefMichele1 said:
I saw something posted from my TS consutlant on her Facebook page about finding out something about getting like a 40% raise. I didn't even question it. When she did my show and does the 50% commission speal, while I respect the company and love the products and my consultant, anyone who believes they are actually going to get paid out 50% penny for penny of their sales apparantly hasn't read all of the fine print. I also have a very good friend who is a Premier Jewelry consulant and was told the same thing. I'm extremely careful not to bash other companies (especially since I have many friends and acquantances with just about every company), but it's time for her to renew her contract (they have to buy in with $300 every year). She had me look over the contract and her commission statements and compare them against mine (as a consultant level) making 20%. Guess what, when you compare apples to apples. The two companies make the exact same commission. Pretty wild!

Seriously - if a TS consultant is getting a 40% raise on their 50% commission...then what is the markup on the food? Someone has to pay for that 40% raise!

I have a potential consultant with the same issue, she has been concidering several different options and is waiting because of this annoucement!

OK, so I just flipped onto my FB page and this is the direct quote from her page: "is so excited! We had a webinar with Tastefully Simple today and I found out I'm getting about a 41% raise...for doing the same job.....NICE!!!!!"

So she's not necessarily getting an additional 41% on top of her existing commission. It sounds like her income will be increasing 41%, and there could be a dozen different ways to figure that. There could be a change to their host program that costs her less. there could be a change to how they figure their overrides on downline. 41% of of 50% is only 20.5% of the original total.

ChefMichele1 said:
OK, so I just flipped onto my FB page and this is the direct quote from her page: "is so excited! We had a webinar with Tastefully Simple today and I found out I'm getting about a 41% raise...for doing the same job.....NICE!!!!!"

Yea, I would like to see the math on that one!

It could very well be the same sort of "Raise" we got with PC- by adding to our teams, we get more money. I don't get more money from my sales, unless I have a team, then of course, I do. So perhaps, TS is doing something similar. These companies watch the others and try to stay competitive with each other.

It just makes it so confusing for the average consumer. In the beginning, I inquired about Partylite and Pampered Chef. Got info on both. DH went over everything with a fine tooth comb and we decided on PC once it came down to it. Not everyone looks into it that deeply and it kind of hurts us in a way. My cousin does MaryKay and always brags about the 50% thing, but then complains about inventory, credit card processing etc. I have lost several potentials due to other companies, just for some of them to find out the "grass isn't as green as they had been promised:(

ChefMichele1 said:
It just makes it so confusing for the average consumer. In the beginning, I inquired about Partylite and Pampered Chef. Got info on both. DH went over everything with a fine tooth comb and we decided on PC once it came down to it. Not everyone looks into it that deeply and it kind of hurts us in a way. My cousin does MaryKay and always brags about the 50% thing, but then complains about inventory, credit card processing etc. I have lost several potentials due to other companies, just for some of them to find out the "grass isn't as green as they had been promised:(

I hear the same from my TS friends.. the inventory.. I'm glad we don't have one!! :D

colegrovet said:
I hear the same from my TS friends.. the inventory.. I'm glad we don't have one!! :D

I have a hard enough time storing my OWN product/kit materials, let alone having to keep inventory too. Thank goodness we don't! :D

What people don't stop to consider is for them to have a $300 party is great. For us to have a $300 party is "ok" but we are shooting for more.

I have a good friend that sells TS and she loves it, has built a team, etc., etc. I find that there are very few products that I truely "love". My favorite is the black bean salsa and I refuse to pay $8 for a standard size bottle of it. I may buy it around the holidays for just me but that is it.

Personally, I love our approach of teaching people and promoting $2 entrees. So much more practical in my opinion.

It is a good recruiting tool to have a higher percentage, but it makes me wonder how much more the TS food will go up in price!!:eek:

baychef said:
What people don't stop to consider is for them to have a $300 party is great. For us to have a $300 party is "ok" but we are shooting for more.

I have a good friend that sells TS and she loves it, has built a team, etc., etc. I find that there are very few products that I truely "love". My favorite is the black bean salsa and I refuse to pay $8 for a standard size bottle of it. I may buy it around the holidays for just me but that is it.

Personally, I love our approach of teaching people and promoting $2 entrees. So much more practical in my opinion.

It is a good recruiting tool to have a higher percentage, but it makes me wonder how much more the TS food will go up in price!!:eek:

It went up a LOT the last time they changed catalogs, I can't imagine what it might be now. My good friend sells it too, but I think she may soon be letting it go, b/c she's started selling "naughty" products and makes much more doing that than TS.

Here is part of a Newsletter I just got today from one of my TS reps (I hope it's OK to post it)...

All NEW Host Program!!!!!!!!!!!! I am over the top excited to announce that Tastefully Simple has a new host program. As a host you will be earning MORE FREE food than ever before along with half price items for each party booked from your party. This is half off ANY item, ANY price!!!!! Plus you'll be able to earn extra rewards for having 15 individually shipped orders from your party. And that's not all! Starting September 1st you'll be able to use your host rewards to help off set the cost of starting your very own Tastefully Simple business!

Apparently, there had never been the option to use any of the Host rewards to pay for the start-up of a TS biz. (???)

And, I do know that when you used to earn 50% off items for hosting, there was a price limit to what the 50% could be used on (I am thinking it used to be any item under $10 - but I am not sure).

So, I don't know what is changing for Consultants, but they are apparently making changes to the Host Program.

kam said:
Here is part of a Newsletter I just got today from one of my TS reps (I hope it's OK to post it)...All NEW Host Program!!!!!!!!!!!! I am over the top excited to announce that Tastefully Simple has a new host program. As a host you will be earning MORE FREE food than ever before along with half price items for each party booked from your party. This is half off ANY item, ANY price!!!!! Plus you'll be able to earn extra rewards for having 15 individually shipped orders from your party. And that's not all! Starting September 1st you'll be able to use your host rewards to help off set the cost of starting your very own Tastefully Simple business! Apparently, there had never been the option to use any of the Host rewards to pay for the start-up of a TS biz. (???)And, I do know that when you used to earn 50% off items for hosting, there was a price limit to what the 50% could be used on (I am thinking it used to be any item under $10 - but I am not sure).So, I don't know what is changing for Consultants, but they are apparently making changes to the Host Program.
Once again another company copies Pampered Chef... :cool::rolleyes:ETA: Sounds just like our old program, doesn't it?

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

Yes, and consultants are being paid 30% and they pay for their sampling packages. TS corp is now paying for the host benifits. I heard they have a 99 sign up fee that can be divided into 3 months.Everything else is the same i heard of "Originally Posted by kam"

janetupnorth said:
"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

:D:D:thumbup:

Malinda Klein said:
TS corp is now paying for the host benifits.

That would explain the increase in commission.

Yep, the post is correct. I sell both PC and TS and love different things with both companies. I must say though that when people asked me about hostess benefits, I was honest in that PC had a better plan and most went with that if they were solely looking for benefits.
Yes, having the company pay for hostess rewards will be hung for those of us that do this as a "fun" job, and I like the idea that what they earn is more free PRODUCT. I was personally not a fan of host a party and get dishes as your reward. I wound up giving more product away, yet I have made myself a very successful business the almost 8 years I've been doing it.
Yes, we're all in it for different reasons and mine is for fun, so honestly I never paid much attention to the recruiting benefits, but in talking with gals that DO do this for a living their not happy with the new structure.
As far as pricing....not sure where the one that posted that they "went up ALOT last time they changed catalogs" is coming from as if there were changes on a FEW items it for the most past may have been like $0.50....only thing I can think of is the beer bread which as everything....flour went up...who knows, but to say they went up ALOT is unfair in my opinion.
In all fairness to all direct sales companies they do need to keep even and try to get ahead of the times, and when they're working on catalogs and products I'm thinking many take shots in the dark as far as what will sell.

My final 2 cents as I started is that I enjoy different parts of both companies and they definitely compliment one another very well (which is why usually when I do vendor fairs they tend to put us close to one another).

They are both very good companies for their own reasons.

OH.....but the 40% increase......are you outta your mind?!?!?!? I think NOT....oh wait....unless maybe when you're higher up...I'm not that far and honestly don't plan on it as I'm having fun just where I'm at.

QUOTE]

I have really taken this approach to my business. I'm here to TEACH others. All my recipes for Sep/Oct. are practical and I believe will get the bookings.

I agree 100% Julie! The $2 per serving approach has been working really well for me as well lately.

I have a good friend who does TS and guess where their incentive trip is next year? Coronado springs, Disney!!!

Oh, and they only have to do like 2k a month to earn the trip, but it is for only themselves. If they want to take guests they have recruit like 7 or 8 consultants AND they ALL have to be active at the end of the earning period!

I did a PC and TS party for a friend back in the middle of July and I have still not received my Host benefits from a $500 party when I asked her about it, she said it would be about 4 more weeks before I receive the benefit. That's one more reason to love PC b/c as a host you get your rewards when the show arrives, if I have to wait so long to get the rewards I won't aim for such a high TS show again.. yeah for PC

Pam, does TS feel that PC is considered a "like competitor"? The only reason I ask is because a few TS consultants tell me that they are not allowed to sell PC along with TS. It makes no difference to me, just was curious.

I think it is great that you find things in both companies that you like! In direct sales you certainly have to find products you are passionate about to make it successful.

cewcooks said:
I did a PC and TS party for a friend back in the middle of July and I have still not received my Host benefits from a $500 party when I asked her about it, she said it would be about 4 more weeks before I receive the benefit. That's one more reason to love PC b/c as a host you get your rewards when the show arrives, if I have to wait so long to get the rewards I won't aim for such a high TS show again.. yeah for PC

That doesn't sound right. My TS consultant told me I had 30 days to close the show. It almost sounds like she's holding off on submitting the show for some reason. Since the customers' orders are shipped as soon as they're keyed, it's not the same as holding our show open which holds up the customer getting their product.

NooraK said:
That doesn't sound right. My TS consultant told me I had 30 days to close the show. It almost sounds like she's holding off on submitting the show for some reason. Since the customers' orders are shipped as soon as they're keyed, it's not the same as holding our show open which holds up the customer getting their product.

I agree. I don't think she's submitted it yet. And the ship time is pretty fast too, like ours. When I order things I usually get it within a week-10 days.

Inresponse to Bay Chef,

Does TS feel PC a competitor? I don't think so. Both companies have the rule that once you get to a certain recruiting level you can't sell for another DS company which I think is crazy. When I mention that I sell both I'll be honest in that I get alot more negativietly from fellow TS consultants than PC ones. Right away it's you can't sell that...I'm like why not? #1 I don't have anyone under me (meaning no team) and #2 if you look up both companies in the DS Association they are under DIFFERENT categories oh yeah and #3 They both compliment one another very well.

I think if I choose to sell more than 1 company that should be my choice and why would I be foolish to join 2 that are competitors. That would only wind up hurting me and my sales in the long run. Many of my PC customers and hostesses have come to be TS customers and hostesses as well and vis versa.

In my almost 8 years of selling TS I have not yet made it to a National Convention, and in my almost 3 years with PC have made it to 1 already. I have though been able to go to a few smaller meetings where I got to meet Jill (the founder and CEO) and she's just like Doris, so down to earth and incredible. Never once has the opposite company came up in conversation.

As far as incentives, yeah, when you're doing it for fun/part time like me earning the TS incentives are tougher....$2,000 a month or $28,000 for the year is alot to send just yourself to Disney.

Thanx for the chat everyone, and even when fellow TSers talk about PC I pipe in as well!

Have a great day everyone (and I hope this answers your question...I tend to talk and not alwasy answer),

ChefMichele1 said:

I had a situation when a recruit was looking at other DS companies. I told him to compare them fact by fact and gave them a worksheet that I think I got off of here. He did this and decided on PC. He thanked me for making him really look at the differences and he is doing great in his business. I attached the sheet I gave him...it might need some changes in it since we have the mini kit till December

Attachments

• direct sales research page[1][1].doc
    74.5 KB · Views: 367

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies