• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Help My Recruit Leads Without a Car?

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding creative solutions for two low-income recruits who are interested in becoming consultants for Pampered Chef but do not have access to transportation. Suggestions include offering shows in their homes, finding a friend or buddy to provide transportation in exchange for products, and claiming taxi costs as a business expense. Other ideas include reaching out to Amish and Mennonite communities for advice and exploring alternative modes of transportation such as trains, buses, and online shows. The lack of transportation could potentially impact the success of the business, but it is suggested that the recruits could use their Pampered Chef income to eventually afford a car.
Nfldfran
Perhaps someone can help me??

I have 2 recruit leads who are CRAZY about Pampered Chef products. Both are low income earners and don't drive or even have a liscense.

Any suggestions re: how I can help them set up a business without a car?
I have already suggested that they offer to do the shows in their homes; that they search for a friend/buddy who might offer transportation in exchange for PC products and of course taxi with the idea of claiming the cost as a business expense.

Can anyone come up with other creative solutions? I would be most appreciative but even more so I know these women want to become consultants and I want to help them get what they want.

Diane

I know that there is always some ladies from the Amish community that earn TPC every year. It would be interesting if you could talk to them about how they do their shows.

I am anxious to hear suggestions. The ones you have are good ones Diane.

chefcharity said:
I know that there is always some ladies from the Amish community that earn TPC every year. It would be interesting if you could talk to them about how they do their shows.

I am anxious to hear suggestions. The ones you have are good ones Diane.

If I understand right, those ladies get to their shows with their horse-drawn carriages.

NooraK said:
If I understand right, those ladies get to their shows with their horse-drawn carriages.

I don't think they are Amish but Menonite which Menonite's do drive cars and use electricity but dress conservative and are close in religious beliefs to the Amish.

I don't think Amish women are allowed to work outside the home.

Amish women can work outside the home while single. They can also work while married making things to sell. They just can't work for others.Tell us more about these recruit leads? Low income earners but do they have a decent house or central location where they can hold bigger shows?What about a "walk through the catalog" and bringing something like the dipping oils and bread to the shows. That way they aren't carrying an entire kit with them.Are there other modes of transportation? Train, bus, cab, etc?Can they do catalog and online shows?

Ask them how they get to where they need to be now? If they are getting rides from friends/relatives they could ask them and pay them with product or have the friend sign too and do shows together - trading off who's the consultant. Realistically, most consultants do less than 1 show a week so they're only asking for about 4 rides a month (way less than if they needed a ride to a regular job 3-4 days a week to get the same income) - the rest of their business could be done via phone/internet.

If she has ZERO transportation, it could definitely impact her business. I can definitely see some hosts deterred by working with a consultant who has no transportation. Are there alternate methods of transportation available? If not, it would definitely present a challenge on how to deliver host packets, get to & from Cooking Shows and then meet again to close the show. She would have to have hosts willing to come to her or restrict the shows to catalog and/or online shows only if she doesn't have any method for getting to her shows. She certainly can't ask the host to come & get her! :yuck: If she's in an area where taxi's are not readily available that could be an inconvenience too. I can't imagine calling a taxi & then having to sit at the host's house & wait for one to arrive. But if she can figure out the transportation issue, maybe she could use her PC business as a method for affording a 2nd car!!! Man, what a story to tell at future shows down the line.

Sheila said:
If she has ZERO transportation, it could definitely impact her business. I can definitely see some hosts deterred by working with a consultant who has no transportation. Are there alternate methods of transportation available? If not, it would definitely present a challenge on how to deliver host packets, get to & from Cooking Shows and then meet again to close the show. She would have to have hosts willing to come to her or restrict the shows to catalog and/or online shows only if she doesn't have any method for getting to her shows. She certainly can't ask the host to come & get her! :yuck: If she's in an area where taxi's are not readily available that could be an inconvenience too. I can't imagine calling a taxi & then having to sit at the host's house & wait for one to arrive. But if she can figure out the transportation issue, maybe she could use her PC business as a method for affording a 2nd car!!! Man, what a story to tell at future shows down the line.

At least 70% of the time I close the show on the phone and either get final payments by credit cards or have them mail the remaining payments and I mail the last minute receipts. I only meet that host if she lives close or wants to meet me part way to make final payments. It can be worked out. The only thing she needs transportation for is to get to the show. Even the packets can be mailed - how does she mail things now? Or she can do like I will tomorrow: take one day and deliver all of the packets for a month (or two) at once. I am delivering 13 packets for September shows tomorrow all in one round trip. No, I don't plan on stopping to talk to anyone. I'll do it all on the phone.

In the next few weeks I won't be driving and will have limitations. Friends and my hosts will help. At the same time I will have the busiest month ever with my business. I am making it work because I want/need it to.

If someone wants to do this not having a car is a minor stumbling block.

Re: Recruit Leads don't drive-UpdateHello everyone,

Thank you for your suggestions. I used some of them today and signed one of the two. So many thanks!!

Please don't stop though I have the second one coming with me to a show on Monday night.

The recruit who signed lives in an urban area and her father is a cab driver so she is going to work on that as well as trading transportation for products with other family members.

The second one lives in more of a rural area but nothing is impossible. I am just not very creative.

I went to conference (in Canada) and bought the entire package that Tammy Stanley had to sell. Awesome!!

Diane

I have a question that is kinda of a twist on this thread... If you have a car, how far are you willing to travel for a show? Out here, in southwestern Nebraska, my director is 50 miles from me in Kansas. I know of one show that she drove 200 miles round trip for. How do you make sure it's worth it?

Judybabe said:
I have a question that is kinda of a twist on this thread... If you have a car, how far are you willing to travel for a show? Out here, in southwestern Nebraska, my director is 50 miles from me in Kansas. I know of one show that she drove 200 miles round trip for. How do you make sure it's worth it?

I try to keep it within an hours drive time (one way). I have consultants on my team who are on the edges of those times, and I've given them shows before when it would have been too long of a drive for me.

I'm willing to drive further in the Spring-Fall seasons than I am in the Winter too. If the drive is going to be more than 30-45 minutes during the winter, than I'll only do Saturday Brunch shows for those.

This reminded me of one of my first years at NC and seeing a blind woman work across stage!!! If there's a will there's a way...how did she plan to get around???

What is "Recruit Leads Don't Drive"?

"Recruit Leads Don't Drive" is a phrase that emphasizes the importance of actively seeking out and engaging with potential job candidates, rather than simply waiting for them to apply or come to you. It highlights the role of recruitment efforts in driving the hiring process, rather than relying solely on passive methods.

Why is it important to actively recruit leads?

Actively recruiting leads allows for a more diverse pool of candidates and can help fill positions more quickly. It also allows for a more targeted approach in finding the right fit for a specific role, rather than waiting for applicants to come to you.

What are some effective ways to recruit leads?

Some effective ways to recruit leads include networking events, social media outreach, employee referrals, job fairs, and targeted advertising. It's also important to have a strong employer brand and an attractive company culture to attract potential candidates.

What are the potential challenges of recruiting leads?

One potential challenge of recruiting leads is the time and resources required to actively seek out and engage with potential candidates. It can also be difficult to stand out and attract top talent in a competitive job market. Additionally, there may be challenges in finding the right balance between actively recruiting and also considering passive candidates who apply on their own.

How can "Recruit Leads Don't Drive" be incorporated into a company's hiring strategy?

Incorporating "Recruit Leads Don't Drive" into a company's hiring strategy involves actively seeking out and engaging with potential candidates, rather than solely relying on job postings and applications. This can include networking, targeted outreach, and creating a strong employer brand. It's important to also continuously evaluate and improve the recruitment process to attract top talent.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • chefgirlrd
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Intrepid_Chef