• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Show Intro Effective? Share Your Critiques!

or if they've tried some of our products, I'll call them PC Experienced users. Next, I'll ask who would like to share their story. One woman shared that she has been in the direct sales industry for over 10 years and is a trained consultant. She shared that she was very nervous to share her story because she's not used to being in front of a crowd. However, she was very impressed with how you handled yourself and how well your story flowed. Another woman shared that she is a stay-at-home mom and is always looking for ways to make extra money. She was very impressed with how you handled the crowd and how personal your story was. Finally
NooraK
Gold Member
As I mentioned in the Take Charge/Take Action thread, I felt like I totally bombed my opening at my show on Sunday. I've decided that in order to get it right, I have to write it down first. I'd like to get some opinions on my story part.

I plan to start by introducing myself by name first. Then I'd like to ask the guests to tell everyone their name, and why they came that day. I might also ask for a show of hands of whose been to a show before. I would then thank the host for inviting everyone over, and give her a SB as a thank you. I would briefly mention that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to all the free and discounted things she'll earn. Then I will ask who has hosted a show before.

Next, I would tell my story:

I started my business in 2006 after getting married. A friend of my mom’s had sent me some products as a wedding gift, and also shared the business opportunity with me.

I’d had an experience with Direct Selling before, but wasn’t successful. That particular product just wasn’t the right fit. With the Pampered Chef I have found a product I love, and a company that is the perfect fit. My director lives in California, yet I can learn everything I need to know through the audios and videos the Pampered Chef provides, as well as our online training center. I even get to go to monthly meetings with a wonderful hospitality director locally.

I get opportunities to travel: In July I went to Chicago for National Conference, and I’m working towards earning a trip for my family to Walt Disney World next year.

Most importantly, Pampered Chef offers me the ability to earn extra income for my family. Each time I leave my house I earn an average of $100 or more. I decide when I work and when I give myself a raise. And I’m the only one that can fire me.

Now, I don’t know what your personal situations are. I don’t know how many of you may lay awake at night, because there is more month left at the end of your paycheck. I don’t know which of you wish you could stay home with your child. I don’t know which of you would just like to be able to fund your scrapbooking or other habit.

If you or anyone you know is in need of extra income, I want you to watch what I do with a different eye tonight. You’ll see how much fun, and how easy this is. When you see that, keep in mind that I’m earning an average of $25 per hour to party with you guys.

At the end of the show, I’ll be asking each of you if you would like to take home more information about the Pampered Chef. It doesn’t mean I’m going to turn into the Dragon Lady and sink my claws into you and follow you home. It just means that if you’re curious, I’m happy to answer your questions. Who knows, maybe this is exactly what you’ve been looking for.

At our Fall Kick-Off on Saturday, the gal who did the "Cooking Show Live" bit had her why box with her when she did her story. I could probably incorporate that into my story with a few word changes too.

Do you like the story? What changes would you make? With or without the why box/bag?

Your story is great, very personal I would add some actual dollar amounts (earnings) because it is very powerful.

I would also consider doing your story part of this toward the end of the show. This has been a new push that I have been hearing about, so i tried it, and I think it really works. Why? Because several come in late, so they either miss it, or interrupt you and also it gives you time to built a repore and trust with your crowd! They are more likely to listen more intently.

Just some thoughts...

Perfect, cutie!

Love the story. I'd consider putting it further into the show rather than right at the beginning, though. That will give them a chance to get interested in you before you share.

I agree w/Rae - don't do your story at the very beginning. Personally I would never remember all you have in yours - but it sounds great.

Instead of asking who's been to a show, I ask who hasn't been to a show. If anyone is there I give them a free SB. I also ask if they are familiar w/our products - most of the time they are. Depending on the crowd I'll call them PC Virgins - usually gets a laugh.

Lateley I've been giving everyone $100 (PC monopoly money I made). When we do intro's I ask them what they would use the $100 for to buy in the catalog. After intro's are done I ask who would like $500 - everyone raises their hand. I then give one person $100 and say, "This is how much Lisa could really have doing what I do just one night a week." Gets them thinking about the business before I talk about it later in the show.

Let us know how your next show goes.

Another thing I learned (at a seperate meeting during Leadership) is when talking about the different aspects of your story do the I _____ and then do you_______.

For example: "I earned $1100 in Pampered Chef dollars in my first 90 days, what would YOU do with $1100? OR "I do approximately 1.5 shows per week and make about $____, what would $____ extra a month do for your family?"

Thanks for your opinions ladies. I'm really wanting to tweak my whole outline, I haven't had one in a very long time, and with the minimal shows I've done lately, I feel like I really need one. I keep forgetting all kinds of things. Any suggestions on what to do in the intro if I put my story further into the show? Do I just do what I had in the earlier bit and then just jump into the recipe? Any other ideas?Last Sunday I felt like I really rushed into the demo, and I don't want the guests to get the feeling that I'm rushing them out. But I also don't want the demo/show to be too long.

just curious what is a 'why box'??

It's like a why bag, but in a box. There are items in there that remind you of why you do PC:*Play money - income
*Luggage tag - travel opportunities
*Rubber band - flexibility
*Picture of your family - time at homeI've even heard of some using panty hose or bras to showcase support, and at Conference someone said they had a little toy witch because it meant never having to work for one of those again.

NooraK said:
I plan to start by introducing myself by name first. Then I'd like to ask the guests to tell everyone their name, and why they came that day. I might also ask for a show of hands of whose been to a show before. I would then thank the host for inviting everyone over, and give her a SB as a thank you. I would briefly mention that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to all the free and discounted things she'll earn. Then I will ask who has hosted a show before.

Try having the host introduce you. Before the guests come, just tell her/him that when the two of you are ready to start the show, you would like her/him to introduce you. It kind of elevates you a little bit in the guests' eyes. It's worked well for me!

I LOVE your idea about give the SB right there in front of everyone and saying that it's just the tip of the iceberg to what they can and will receive!!! I am going to try that at my next show!

Does anyone use the lap boards from Merrill? They are AWESOME, and so professional looking. When I hand them out (after the recipe demo), I hand them out catalog side down, and instruct everyone not to turn them over until I say so. In the back flap, I place different recruiting materials in there, including copies of commission checks...not only my own, but also from my upline, so that the guests can see the potential for income! It's made a difference in the interest I'm generating. I'm still having trouble getting people to sign, but the interest is definitely there!!!!

1) What is the purpose of a "Show Intro" at a Pampered Chef party?

The "Show Intro" is a brief introduction at the beginning of the party that sets the tone and introduces the host, the Pampered Chef brand, and the products that will be showcased during the party. It is meant to engage and excite guests about the products and create a fun atmosphere for the party.

2) How long should a "Show Intro" be?

A "Show Intro" should be kept short and sweet, ideally around 3-5 minutes. It is important to capture the guests' attention and not take up too much time before getting to the main part of the party.

3) Can I customize the "Show Intro" for my party?

Yes, you can definitely customize the "Show Intro" to fit the theme and style of your party. You can also add personal touches or include any special promotions or offers that may be available at the time.

4) What are some key elements to include in a "Show Intro"?

A "Show Intro" should include a warm welcome, an introduction to yourself as the host, a brief overview of Pampered Chef and its products, and a teaser for what guests can expect to see and learn throughout the party. It is also a good idea to include some interactive elements to engage the guests, such as asking them to introduce themselves or share their favorite Pampered Chef product.

5) How can I make my "Show Intro" more engaging and entertaining?

There are many ways to make your "Show Intro" more engaging and entertaining. You can use props, humor, or even a short game to get guests involved and excited. You can also try incorporating product demonstrations or testimonials from satisfied customers to showcase the benefits and effectiveness of Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sushimommy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • janae72