• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Local News Channel Featured Pampered Chef as a Business

In summary, the local news channel featured a PC consultant talking about the growing trend of home-based businesses during the current economy. The consultant's cooking show using the DCB was also featured, giving a great plug for PC. The segment highlighted the increase in sales for products that make life easier and more comfortable at home. It also mentioned the success stories of individuals who have become their own bosses through home-party businesses like Party Lite and Pampered Chef. However, it was noted that this type of business is not suitable for everyone and requires hard work and dedication to be successful. The segment also provided resources for those interested in reputable home-party companies.
lockhartkitchen
Last night on my local news channel, they featured a PC consultant for the topic of home based business during this economy. They featured her cooking show using the DCB and it was also featured in the news trailer. It was a great plug for PC.

By Shellie Bailey Shah, KATU News and KATU.com Staff PORTLAND, Ore. - Why are people still buying in a tight economy? Because they're spending more time at home and want products that make their lives easier and their homes homier, if recent sales figures are any indication.

This sales increase also is boding well for those selling these products through at-home parties.

One person's story
"I was about the last person that anyone would expect to get fired but it happened," said Malia Davidson. "But it can happen to anyone."

That life-changing moment forced Davidson to make some big decisions. "I just was not up to the task of going back to the corporate world," she said.

Now Davidson is her own boss and she determines how she spends her day: "I can work as many hours a week as I want or as little as I want."

Davidson sells Party Lite-brand candles and home decorating accessories at home parties. It is a business that is apparently paying off for her and others. A Party Lite regional leader told us that nationwide Party Lite consultants are seeing a 5 percent increase in their income.

Long-term work
Julie Dowhaniuk (pronounced Doe-han-ick) began selling Pampered Chef's cooking products eight years ago.

"I only do this 5 to 9 because I chose not to work 9 to 5 anymore," Dowhaniuk said.

Even in a struggling economy, she said her business is growing. She said she's seeing an increase in the number of people who want to host pampered chef parties and in the number of people who want to become a consultant.

"Most people are looking for an extra $300 to $600," Dowhaniuk said. "By leaving your home about three or four times a month you could earn that much money."

A Pampered Chef spokesperson said its recruiting was up 5 percent in 2008 compared to 2007. Recruiting numbers for the first quarter of 2009 are up 6 percent compared to the same time period in 2008.

Not for everyone
But the home-party business is not for everyone, as Cheryl Bonawatz found out years ago when she sold home décor items.

"People wanted parties when I couldn't be available to do them," Bonawatz said. "[Then I got] complaints when people would get their orders wrong. They would call me and because I worked full time I was never available to deal with them."

The home-party business looks easy and fun but it requires work. To be successful you have to put in the hours. But there are benefits.

"Well, I can't get fired," laughed Davidson. "My job security is in my own hands."

KATU Problem Solvers has compiled the following list of resources for those interested in looking into reputable home party companies.

Direct Selling Information and Tips
http://www.dsa.org/aboutselling/opportunity/
http://www.dsa.org/aboutselling/consumer/
http://www.dsa.org/aboutselling/consumer/index.cfm?fuseaction=pyramid

At Home Party Businesses:
www.pamperedchef.com
www.partylite.com
www.silpada.com
www.wineshopathome.com
www.sensaria.com

Last edited:
That's great! Sad thing is, because of that one consultant's bad experience, she just cast a shadow over them ALL!
But the home-party business is not for everyone, as Cheryl Bonawatz found out years ago when she sold home décor items."People wanted parties when I couldn't be available to do them," Bonawatz said. "[Then I got] complaints when people would get their orders wrong. They would call me and because I worked full time I was never available to deal with them."The home-party business looks easy and fun but it requires work. To be successful you have to put in the hours. But there are benefits."Well, I can't get fired," laughed Davidson. "My job security is in my own hands."

I know. You know how TV is. But this script doesn't "tell" it all. The interview and the film footage was awesome! You saw the cooking show and it looked like fun.

A Pampered Chef spokesperson said its recruiting was up 5 percent in 2008 compared to 2007. Recruiting numbers for the first quarter of 2009 are up 6 percent compared to the same time period in 2008. (This part was shown on a full screen on the TV- great statistics.

I really like that link about Pyramid Schemes. It does a wonderful job explaining the difference between a pyramid and a DS company.

I got a recruit lead through the lead system. I wonder if she watched that segment. Can't wait to call her. I'm sorry I missed the segment.

I left her a message Jenn. I want to see if anything comes out of it for her.

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen products and cooking tools. It was founded in 1980 and has been featured on numerous local news channels as a successful business.

How does Pampered Chef operate as a business?

Pampered Chef operates as a multi-level marketing company, meaning individuals can join as consultants and earn commissions on sales made through their personal network. The company also sells products directly through their website and catalogs.

What sets Pampered Chef apart from other kitchen product companies?

Pampered Chef prides itself on offering innovative and high-quality products that are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable. The company also offers cooking demonstrations and in-home parties, allowing customers to experience the products firsthand.

What are some popular products offered by Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of products, but some of their most popular items include the Deluxe Cooking Blender, the Quick Cooker, and the Garlic Press. They also have a variety of cookware, utensils, and kitchen gadgets to choose from.

How can I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

If you're interested in becoming a consultant for Pampered Chef, you can sign up on their website or through a current consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit and attend training sessions to get started. As a consultant, you can earn commissions on sales and also have the opportunity to receive discounts on products for personal use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefjane
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • Patricia A Tana
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AMTC