• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm a Home Office Recruit With a Question

J
Judybabe
I don't understand this... I got on to the Pampered Chef website to find out about becoming a rep. I got an email from a lovely lady 50 miles away. So I signed up under her and have been busy getting to know PC and getting bookings. The reason I wanted to join PC was to meet people here, since we just moved to this town.
yesterday, I took my daughter to the health clinic for her 7th grade physical and the receptionist saw my t-shirt that I bought on ebay that says PC and asked me if I sell?
Turns out SHE sells PC here in this town. She's angry that I didn't sign up under her. She's been the only one here for a long time. This is a very small less than 1000 town. Her comment was, "well good luck, I'm pretty established already.
so now I'm thinking, I've made a mistake, I don't want to alienate people in this town I just moved to, I don't want to invest any time or money if this will be a bust.
I've been told small towns can handle several reps, so not to be afraid to recruit, but if someone was here already, I feel now like an interloper.

help?

Ummm, she sounds like she might be a tad bit jealous? The way she treated you was wrong on so many levels.

Why would she be upset that you didn't sign with her? You didn't even know her. Gheesh.

There are no territories w/PC, and you aren't an interloper. I have 2 consultants on my team who live w/in walking distance of my house, and we all have business.

If she is so "well-established" why would she be threatened by you? AND if she was so "well-established" she would have gotten the lead and you would have signed with her, not someone 50 miles away.

Given the way she treated you - a newcomer to town - I would bet that there are plenty of people who would welcome a new consultant in town.

Shake it off, and chalk it up to her being a not very nice person. She was just trying to intimidate you, so DON'T let her!

I don't know what is wrong w/ people these days...that lady is upset that you didn't sign under her because you were supposed to miraculously know that someone who lived closer is a consultant? I wouldn't want her as my upper line anyway if that's her attitude! And then , why would she even WANT to recruit if "she is pretty established anyway?" Is that what she would have told you if you had approached her by some ESP way of knowing that you wanted to start the opportunity? She is ridiculous!

What happened when you contacted PC directly was you went into a "lead pool" of upper level consultants. Everyone in the area takes turns getting leads and that is how you got someone who is 50 miles away. Probably the lady who lives in your town might have just gotten a lead, then she goes to the bottom of the lead pool and the next person comes up.

And unless this lady has ALL the population of your town as customers, I highly doubt that she has claim to it. She is trying to deflate you and make you feel bad for something that is out of her control and you should not have to suffer for it.

If you are already getting bookings, disregard what that rude consultant said to you and move on! You will come across them from time to time.

Congrats on starting your business and taking off with it!

How rude! Just blow it off.......

She is probably only a consultant so she isn't receiving any home leads, how were you supposed to know about her. I wouldn't worry about it so much, if that is her attitude people in the town might be happy to have a new consultant!!

I totally agree with the first 2 responses. Remember you are in business for yourself, not let someone's negative attitude ruin what you are trying to accomplish.

I was in a similar situation when I joined a year ago. I had just moved and did not know many people. I started my business and have never looked back. There will be people who try and steal your "mojo", just remember apparently you are doing something right to have them so jealous!

Good luck to you in all your efforts, I am sure you will have an amazing experience. Remember we are all here for each other, and will support you in any way possible!

You have received some great advice and I could not have said it any better. :)

I bet you will do great, especially with her attitude. ;)

First let me say; Welcome to Pampered Chef! This is a wonderful company with wonderful people at the Home Office and in the field.

Always remember that 'Karma' is a seed you plant. This lady just planted a bad one with you and I'll bet, she has done it more often than once. You just plant the good seeds and watch the fruits of your efforts grow. Who knows maybe you could become her director some day! Always look at the big picture!!!

Good luck and best wishes!

~Sonya

She's probably not a director and thus not eligible for home office leads. If I was her, I would wish you'd signed with me too, but I'd also offer you all the help I could and let you crash my meetings.At National Conference, they sent a research firm to investigate the Chicago area. They found a very large number of people IN THEIR ORIGINAL MARKET who had never heard of Pampered Chef, never been invited to a party and didn't know the products. This was a way of encouraging us to get out of our neighborhoods.My guess is you don't know everybody in that town and neither does she!

She was rude! Shake it off and forget her.

There is business EVERYWHERE and as one of the above posters mentioned more than 50% of the market out there has never been to a PC party! She sounded a tad jealous, and as others mentioned she probably didn't qualify for leads from the home office.

Don't let it get to you. Welcome to PC, congrats on your new biz, and good luck! Pave your own way, and do it with confidence and pride!

That's just unbelievably rude of her and I like to think that the majority of consultants are not like that. You encounted a bad seed!

I say this with my newsletter business, and my photography business well... there is always PLENTY of business to go around. A different style for everyone. There is no need to be competitive to the point of nastiness. When we all bring our A-game to the table in a fair and open-minded way, network and build synergies and ideas, we ALL benefit. That women doesn't know if she may need to count on you one day to step in for her last minute, or maybe her stoneware breaks right before a show and she needs to borrow... what is wrong with people these days??!!

Di_Can_Cook said:
At National Conference, they sent a research firm to investigate the Chicago area. They found a very large number of people IN THEIR ORIGINAL MARKET who had never heard of Pampered Chef, never been invited to a party and didn't know the products. This was a way of encouraging us to get out of our neighborhoods.

Yep, I live in Chicagoland and I meet people FREQUENTLY who have NEVER heard of PC. Crazy, isn't it?

This woman just feels threatened. I wouldn't worry about it. Go work your business and then YOU'LL be the one getting the leads!

DebbieJ said:
Yep, I live in Chicagoland and I meet people FREQUENTLY who have NEVER heard of PC. Crazy, isn't it?

This woman just feels threatened. I wouldn't worry about it. Go work your business and then YOU'LL be the one getting the leads!

There was a lady at our regional training last February who said when she called HO for some customer issues, she got chatting with the lady at HO and actually asked her if she had ever hosted a show. She said she had never been asked....and SHE WORKS for the company.

Yes- there is business, and likely she didn't qualify to get leads because she wasn't a Team Leader or higher....Don't worry about her. One thing I'm learning in this biz...you have to be thick-skinned or BECOME thick-skinned. You'll run into all sorts of rude people here and there who treat you poorly just because you sell something. There are plenty out there who'll appreciate you.

And hey, she obviously works a full-time job. So while she's stuck behind a desk, you can be out prospecting and working your business! It only takes a couple good shows to make a good impression and establish your OWN Brand of PC and your image. ;)

Welcome to The Pampered Chef and to Chef Success. I live in a teeny, tiny town, and it was a couple of years before I found out there was another PC consultant here. Concentrate on building your own business. It sounds like you'll do fine.

And another thing ... in my previous product line, my director and her director were members of my church, with less than 300 people. For a while, a young woman in the church also started selling. There was plenty of business to go around, though I never did business with anyone in the church, they did and never had a conflict.Although I live in a fairly midsized city, I know nobody in my neighborhood who sells and that doesn't mean they don't exist. I only know three people in the county where I work who sell it, (that is where I do most of my business) and we all manage to hit different segments of the market.Good luck and Godspeed!

thanks everyone. I went to a stock car race tonight and visited with a couple of ladies whose husbands were out racing...I asked about her and pampered chef. They didn't know she was involved! I always have my tote with me and gave a couple of catalogs to some women, one didn't know me, just saw me giving out a catalog and asked for one. She lives in the town next to mine. Got one booking tonight, just didn't have a date book so I have to call her tomorrow. I gotta get one of those. forgot about it :(
I've been pretty bummed all day, it was nice to get the response I did tonight and tonight here from you guys.
thanks so much again!
Judy

I have loved stock car races for years, and tonight my DH and I drove 40 miles to attend one. He's a deputy sheriff and seldom does he have friday nites off. There were five guys driving from our town and so their families, ie: moms, wives, girlfriends, kids etc. were watching. between races we got to visit, so I met some ladies ( have only lived here 2 months) gave out catalogs, discussed products pros and cons and made some friends. Might end up hosting a cooking show in a bar, but it's ok with me. This is exactly why I joined PC, to meet people and make friends. albeit I didn't expect it to occur at a dusty race track, but if I hadn't had those catalogs with me, the conversation would have quickly excluded me.
Life is so interesting at times isn't it?

Judybabe said:
This is exactly why I joined PC, to meet people and make friends. albeit I didn't expect it to occur at a dusty race track

That's the beauty of this business :) You can meet people everywhere!

thats GREAT....

NOw just find a craft fair and set up a booth to get more bookings...soon YOU"LL be THE consultant every one knows!

Her business may be well-established...but what is "well-established" to her may mean something completely different to you. She may only want catalog shows twice a month and if that is what works for her, then great for her.

I think the fact that you are concerned speaks highly of you. My advice is to work your business like you never met and if someone says "Oh I deal with so-and-so", then say great! And start a convo about their fav products--and leave it at that. In this manner, if the other chica leaves PC, this person will remember you!

Welcome to PC...it will change your life!

Welcome to PC and Chef Success! Everyone has pretty much said it all....she was not showing nor embracing the beauty of Pampered Chef. We all work together and share in each other's successes. It's natural for her to have wished you recruited with her, but it was horrible for her to be angry and let you know. If she wants her team to grow, she needs to be working the biz! A teammate and I live a few houses from each other, we have worked a neighborhood table together....and there really is LOTS of biz for the both of us!

Shrug it off....you will meet new people, and 1000 people is PLENTY for many consultants. If you did one show a day, with different people....that would only be 365 of your community....if you both managed that, that still leaves 270 people waiting for a show. = )

At conference, one of the Top Performers in SALES lives on a farm in a community of 300! Hearing that really inspired me to see the potential.

A word of advice, drop the subject of her when talking to others. Do not ask about her....one, it may start more tension between you and she. Plus, it will make your contacts uneasy about you, her or PC. two, you are putting her name out to your potential contacts.

Have fun, work your biz and enjoy!

1. What is Pampered Chef and how do I become a representative?

Pampered Chef is a direct selling company that offers kitchen tools, cookware, and food products. To become a representative, you can sign up through their website or through an existing representative.

2. Is it common to have multiple representatives in a small town?

Yes, it is not uncommon for small towns to have multiple Pampered Chef representatives. It can actually be beneficial as it provides more opportunities for customers to purchase products and host parties.

3. Is it necessary to sign up under a specific representative?

No, you can sign up under any representative you choose. It is important to find a representative who can support and mentor you in your business.

4. What should I do if there is already a representative in my small town?

It is important to communicate with the existing representative and discuss how you can both work together to grow the business in your town. Building a supportive network can benefit both of you in the long run.

5. Will I be successful as a Pampered Chef representative in a small town?

Success as a Pampered Chef representative depends on various factors, such as your dedication, hard work, and building relationships with customers. Having multiple representatives in a small town can actually be advantageous as it can create more buzz and opportunities for sales and parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • Akpampered
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila