• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host/Recruit Lead Filling Out a Job App. Tonight Elsewhere

In summary, the conversation involves a consultant talking about her neighbor who initially showed interest in purchasing a kit for the consultant's business. However, the neighbor later said she couldn't afford it and wanted to focus on her job as a realtor. The consultant tried to encourage her to consider the business opportunity again during a host coaching session, but it was unclear if the neighbor was interested. The consultant also mentioned that the neighbor is now applying for a job as a front desk agent. The consultant is unsure how to approach the subject of the business at the upcoming party and acknowledges the potential for the neighbor to be a potential customer or host through her job. The consultant also mentions her own experience with making a profit in the business and the possibility of
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a neighbor who lives 2 doors down. When we met she said she wanted to buy a stone. Then I gave her info and she said she thought about the business before. So I gave her biz info. Following up w/ her she said she wasn't sure if now was a good time. She's a realtor and was wanting to focus on that and step up her biz there. She said they couldn't afford the kit. I told her about the mini kit, host credit, earning back the money after just 3 shows, she still said no. But she wanted me to keep up with her and let her know of the deals and such to come.

Now, she is hosting a Power Cooking Kitchen show on Saturday. I host coached her so well, I was proud of myself for actually going through and touching on everything. I even brought up the business opportunity again. I reminded her about the kit credit and how any bookings I get could be hers to start her biz. She never really responded yea or nay to that. So I figured we are playing it by ear. See what kind of responses she gets from this hosting experience. Well, she didn't give me 40 names and I reminded her about inviting everyone, long distance and close. Friends, neighbors, co workers, etc.--gave her the 40 in 4 min. sheet. She had about 10 people that I mailed to and about 15 for the e-invitation.

Today she called and invited the kids and I over to play. While visiting, she said she only has 4 people coming. One outside order. I reassured her it's okay. I reminded her about making reminder calls and I offered to help her with those if she'd like.

When we were getting ready to go, her husband came home and she referenced the time and how she needed to get ready because she needed to get to a neighboring town to fill out a job application. She told me she's applying for a job as a front desk agent at a business.

So now what? I felt awkward. I didn't want to say, "Hey, what about PC?" I'm just wondering what is the best way to approach the subject on Saturday at her party. See, this is where I feel weird, because my hobby level status doesn't allow me to demonstrate first hand how the business can really help.

I'd be excited for her and the opportunity, show interest in her job prospect as a desk clerk. Get a vibe from her as to whether or not she is pursuing that job just make money or if it is something she is really excited about and take it from there. No matter what her reason, PC can still be a viable job - part-time and in addition to this other job to supplement her income, or full-time if she's considering a job she may dread just because she needs the money. Who knows where Real Estate falls into the whole thing, it's a tough market right now and she may be wavering on that altogether. I affectionately refer to PC as the cement that fills in the cracks, offering financial stability in my life, it will be there no matter what and to whatever extent she desires to pursue it.Heh, in the end if she gets that job AND does PC, what a great new circle of potential customers and hosts she will be encountering daily!

I find that when somebody mentions applying for a job, it's almost a slap in the face to say "we're always hiring!" If they are applying for a job, it is because they need something steady. Even my director took years to make a profit!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I find that when somebody mentions applying for a job, it's almost a slap in the face to say "we're always hiring!" If they are applying for a job, it is because they need something steady. Even my director took years to make a profit!

Seriously? I made a profit in my first 4 months... Granted, not a HUGE one, but still! PC isn't an expensive biz to run, if you keep it simple, and keeping it simple works fine for me :chef:

I made a "profit" in my first month too ... but by the end of the tax year, when I calculated mileage, books, and ESPECIALLY National Conference, I was in the hole big time.Now that I'm keeping it simpler, I rarely make a profit. There is no way it could replace my existing job.

there is no way pc could replace my existing job, either....but my director (who just recently moved on to something else after being in pc for 18 years) put 2 kids through college on pc. Also another consultant quite a executive position and she seemed to do just as well, of course she did tons of shows a month and was always in the top sell

1. How do I fill out a job application for a host or recruiter position?

Filling out a job application for a host or recruiter position typically involves providing personal information, work experience, and education history. You may also be asked to answer specific questions or provide additional documents such as a resume or cover letter.

2. What information do I need to have on hand when filling out a job application for a host or recruiter position?

You will likely need to have your personal information, including your full name, contact information, and social security number. You should also have a current resume and any relevant work experience or education information. It may also be helpful to have a list of references.

3. Can I apply for a host or recruiter position at multiple locations with one application?

It depends on the company's application process. Some companies may allow you to apply for multiple locations with one application, while others may require you to submit separate applications for each location. It's best to check with the company beforehand.

4. Is there a specific format or template for filling out a job application for a host or recruiter position?

There is no specific format or template for filling out a job application for a host or recruiter position. However, it's important to follow the instructions provided by the company and to make sure all of your information is accurate and up-to-date.

5. Are there any tips for standing out on a job application for a host or recruiter position?

To stand out on a job application for a host or recruiter position, make sure to highlight any relevant experience or skills, such as customer service or communication skills. Additionally, proofread your application for any errors and tailor it to the specific job and company you are applying to.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • milkangel