• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Male Consultants,. Please Respond.

In summary, a male consultant who has been selling for about two years found that his self-consciousness about the industry lessened after he heard another consultant talk about how great it was to be a guy selling. He recommends that a male consultant focus on their strengths and not worry about what others think.
mrssyvo
A guest at a show tonight said her husband has been out of work for awhile, and he loves to cook, and she thinks this is something he would enjoy.He has just discovered Pampered Chef. I sent her home with some information for him, and I am calling him on Monday.

What do you find is best about this business, Do you apporach the shows any different than a woman consultant? Any problems when you first signed? I am trying to anticipate any different concerns he might have, and I want to have as much information for him as I can get.

The number one seller in our cluster is a guy by the name of Gil Charlebois. His is mentioned in Doris Christopher's new book.
He sold more than $100,000 in product last year and lives in a relatively small town in Ontario.

No problems hereI've not encountered any problems so far by being a male, except for all you ladies who insist on using the men's room at conferences :) I would tell him that one thing he would need to to is be sure to introduce himself and who he is on all voice mails and calls, sometimes husbands are a bit jealous when a man calls....other than that, what woman do you know that wouldn't want a man come to her house, cook and clean up??? I kind of joke that most women don't ever see a man in the kitchen other than to taste things that are cooking on the stove.

The other thing I have noticed is that I do have a higher show average $750 than most in my cluster....I think that us guys do a good job selling, I don't think we do anything better, I just think that people tend to buy more from a man....I know that the show averages for my team the men sell around $200 more per show than do the women....not sure why, just a statistic.

Lastly I would say that the women in this business have been extremely supportive of me and that is awesome....tell him to go for it!!!

Male ConsultantsI'm Rich. I've been in for a year and love it!

I wrote an article and posted it on my website titled "Being a Male In a Female Dominated Industry." You can send him to my site .biz/richm I hope it will encourage him!

Rich, Thank you. I will give him the site address when I speak with him. Wondering, After recruiting my first- Do I get my catalogs after their kit is sent, or when they qualify?

CatalogsYou get the catalogs when he signs and the $50 in PC Dollars when he qualifies!

I just had my second recruit (a male!) qual. I used my PC bucks for Spring Samples, since I didn't earn them.

I have only been a Consultant since September and have had no problems with it at all. The one cluster meeting that I went to was a little uncomfortable but I am sure that was just me. Tell him that some of the best sellers in this line of work are guys...anything from Pampered Chef to Avon. ?If he loves to cooka dn interacting with other people then this is the job for him.

Patrick

A little different, but different is Good!Male consultants are a bit of a novelty, but in every environment with other PC ladies, they say - "there are not a lot of guys that do this, but the ones that do are very good!"

For about two years in my 3-year experience, I was sure that it was somehow negative that I was a guy selling - and had some internal self-conscious block about what I was doing.

That changed at National Conference, another consultant said, "It would be so cool to be a guy selling - what woman wouldn't want a great guy to come to her house to cook for her and her friends and to cleanup?--USE THAT!"

At a fall cluster meeting last year, we split up sections of a live demo and I was chopping and asked to speak about the chopper. The lady consultants were just wowed because somehow I spoke about the tools technically - the line they loved was "the handle has a built-in ratcheting mechanism, so the six knife blades turn by themselves--less work for you, and it's fun to use, too!"

So - find your strengths and work from those. My goal is to walk onstage at conference and hear those cheers - ladies all cheer louder for the guys!

Lookis like my first potential recruit at my very first show is a gentleman that is a friend of my sister. Any ideas on how to help him out. He seems very motivated and will be going to our team training tomorrow night.

Invite them over and ...Let them see this site. Point out what they should see and let them take a look around. When they see everything offered here and from the home office and know what type of support they have.

I think males are so successful at this biz because the women leave feeling fantastic! Have you ever been to a male hairdresser? He flirts just enough to make you feel 50 feet high, but not so much to make you feel like you're about to get molested. I love the male hairdressers because I always leave feeling beautiful and I have always had a great time getting my hair done. If the male consultants work this into their show, they'll be unstoppable! Just making her feel special really will work, but it seems like brown-nosing when it comes from another woman.

prepchef said:
I'm Rich. I've been in for a year and love it!

I wrote an article and posted it on my website titled "Being a Male In a Female Dominated Industry." You can send him to my site .biz/richm I hope it will encourage him!

I just have to say thank you so much for your article on male consultants...my mother-in-law's husband is thinking about signing and this will be a great tool to show him to help him understand that this is something he can do. I really appreciate this website and I appreciate you sharing this with all of us.

What are the benefits of becoming a male consultant for Pampered Chef?

As a male consultant for Pampered Chef, you have the opportunity to earn a flexible income, work from home, and be your own boss. You also get to share your passion for cooking and connect with others through fun and interactive cooking demonstrations.

Do male consultants face any challenges in this predominantly female industry?

While the majority of our consultants are female, we welcome and embrace diversity in our consultant base. Our male consultants bring a unique perspective to our products and can connect with male customers in a way that female consultants may not be able to.

What kind of training and support is available for male consultants?

Pampered Chef offers comprehensive training for all our consultants, regardless of gender. Our male consultants have access to the same resources, tools, and support as our female consultants. We also have a network of male consultants who are happy to share their experiences and offer guidance.

What is the process for hosting a cooking demonstration with a male consultant?

The process for hosting a cooking demonstration with a male consultant is the same as with a female consultant. Simply contact a male consultant in your area or reach out to us and we will connect you with one. Our male consultants are just as skilled and enthusiastic about sharing our products with others.

Are there any male-specific products or recipes offered by Pampered Chef?

No, all of our products and recipes are gender-neutral and can be enjoyed by anyone. Our focus is on providing quality kitchen tools and delicious recipes for everyone, regardless of gender.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • jenniann
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • bethsbiz