• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Contact My Home Office Lead Again?

In summary, the conversation is about a lead for a home office who is not able to afford the mini-kit at the moment. The person is wondering whether or not to contact the lead again and offer information about a special offer. Suggestions are given to apologize for coming across as pressuring and to offer to keep the lead informed about future specials. The expert also mentions the importance of knowing the full context of previous emails before making a decision.
beepampered
I have a home office lead who we've been emailing back and forth. I finally looked up her number and left a message. She sent me the below email. After getting over the initial shock of the message, I'm wondering what I should do. I can ignore her or email her one last time with a 'woops, didn't mean to bother you. The mini-kit is only $65 and good through the end of this month. AND my director is offering 1/2 back as a rebate if you get 1250 in the first 30 days." Would you contact her again or not? Ever email her or not? Thanks....

BEE

I'm not trying to be rude but I dont have the money or I would have ordered the kit. If I decide to sell it, I will let you know but please stop pressuring me to talk about something I cannot afford right now.

Not sure if I would or not.

If I did email her again I would just say that when you are ready I am here and maybe ask her she would like to be on your newsletter list or if it would be okay to contact her in 3 or maybe 6 months.
Or say you were sorry to bother her, but you wanted her to know the special that ends in June is ...........
If no response then you know she isn't interested right now.

Just My opinion.

Kelly V.

Not knowing the full content of your previous emails with her, I would probably simply reply with something like this: I am so sorry that I came across as presurring you, because that is certainly not my intent. I am truly excited that you are interested in the business and I just want you to know that I am here to answer any questions that you might have. I do understand how frustrating money situations can be (especially for so many of us right now) and the last thing I would want to do is to create any more stress/pressure for you. I honestly just know how much this business has helped me and my family. I would like to just keep you informed of any specials that Pampered Chef offers to folks starting their business if that's okay with you. Again, please accept my apologies for coming across too strongly. Excitement can get the best of me sometimes!
Something like that........just an idea

c00p said:
Not knowing the full content of your previous emails with her, I would probably simply reply with something like this: I am so sorry that I came across as presurring you, because that is certainly not my intent. I am truly excited that you are interested in the business and I just want you to know that I am here to answer any questions that you might have. I do understand how frustrating money situations can be (especially for so many of us right now) and the last thing I would want to do is to create any more stress/pressure for you. I honestly just know how much this business has helped me and my family. I would like to just keep you informed of any specials that Pampered Chef offers to folks starting their business if that's okay with you. Again, please accept my apologies for coming across too strongly. Excitement can get the best of me sometimes!

this sounds very good to me...

well, if she was a lead that asked for info and you never actually got to talk to her before now. I would simply just say something like, "I'm so sorry if I came across to you as a bother, but since I didn't get a response from you after I sent my original e-mail, I wanted to be sure you were aware that I was responding to your inquiry. I simply would like to give you some information that you had requested. Then maybe go on to say a brief bit about the mini kit and stuff like that.

W/O knowing what the messages back and forth are it's hard to know if the girl had a point or not.

c00p said:

Andrea says it much better then me! I always have a hard time coming up with the correct words. My director can say everything so well also.

Kelly V.

Awww...shucks.....:blushing: you're too sweet!

I would definitely call her, not do the email thing if I could help it...A personal call is always better. It could be that she was having a bad day for some reason, etc. Tone and intent can easily get misinterpreted in an email.

I agree that it's hard to read tone in an e-mail, however when dealing w/ people who feel like they are being pressured, I think an e-mail is the way to go. There's no direct confrontation and they can just not respond. I like the wording that others here suggested and think they portray a tone that's not offensive. However, if she tries to call her, the person might not answer the phone or answer in a huff w/ an attitude and start things off badly. E-mail is less in-your-face (for someone who is already defensive that she's being contacted too much.) JMHO

She didn't leave a phone number from the lead. Our emails had been vague and so I just looked her up online and then called the number there. I have no idea if it was the right person but that may have been what set her off since I said I would like to meet/talk with her in person.Thanks for the word choices. Email is difficult and I just wasnt sure if responding would make her even more upset. I will not call her again until she tells me to. Of course, I'm thinking, the mini kit is $65 which you will earn back at a $300 show so she really wouldn't be out of the money for more than a month....Thanks...

1. Should I contact my home office lead again if they haven't responded to my initial message?

It is always a good idea to follow up with your home office lead if they have not responded to your initial message. They may have simply missed your message or have been busy. A polite follow-up can help to keep the lines of communication open and ensure that your message is received.

2. How long should I wait before contacting my home office lead again?

The timing of your follow-up message will depend on the urgency of your initial message and the response time of your home office lead. If your message is time-sensitive, it is appropriate to follow up within a few days. However, if your message is not urgent, it is best to wait at least a week before following up.

3. What should I say in my follow-up message to my home office lead?

In your follow-up message, it is important to be polite and professional. You can mention that you are following up on your previous message and would appreciate a response at their earliest convenience. You can also offer to provide any additional information or clarification they may need.

4. Is it appropriate to follow up with my home office lead multiple times?

It is generally not necessary to follow up with your home office lead multiple times unless your initial message was urgent and you have not received a response after several follow-ups. In most cases, one or two follow-ups are sufficient. If you do not receive a response after multiple attempts, it may be best to reach out to a different contact in your home office.

5. How should I handle it if my home office lead does not respond to my follow-up message?

If your home office lead does not respond to your follow-up message, it is important to remain professional and not take it personally. You can try reaching out to a different contact in your home office or consider other ways to communicate with your team, such as through a group chat or video call. It is also a good idea to review your initial message and follow-up to ensure that they were clear and concise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • jessinthekitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • beepampered