• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting an 18-Year-Old: Tips for Success

In summary, the expert recommends encouraging any 18-year-old who is interested in becoming a consultant to join a company, and to be open to coaching and support from the company.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
Any advise on recruiting an 18 year old?

I called my son's ex-girlfriend (they are still friends and she dog sits for us) and asked if she would like to join my team. I brought over information to her house Friday and she is joining me on a show.

She just graduated high school and I"ll need to do alot of handholding in the beginning. I don't mind that. I figured her first show would be hosted by her mom...

I pulled our marketing pamphlets for recruiting, and there was disappointed the pictures didn't include anyone too young. I gave her very limited brochures (except I did giver her the Come Join Us one).

Any suggestions?

How old was Jillian from NY when she started - early 20's. Really depends on the person. So many college kids sell Cutco during the summer in my neighborhood. Think it could work if her family helps her and she is self assured. How does her mom feel about hosting the first show??

Didn't Jillian Grant start at 20, and could not boil water? (from the cookin in action dvd)
If she has the personality for it, then encourage her. I wish I had started this then.

great minds, mama...

There is an upper level director in GA who started when she was 18, she is in mid to upper 20's now and PC is the only job she has ever had, it was all she wanted when she turned 18. I would encourage her to go for it and just be there for her!

I have a potential recruit who is planning to sign in July (when she returns from Peru), and she is only 19. She is also extremely excited!

My recruit/good friend and I are fighting over who gets to sign her daughter in January, when she turns 18! Since she'll probably still be living at home, I say she'll have to sign under me. Gail says, no, she'll have to wait until she leaves home. Sigh, I don't think this is a fight I can win (but, either way, I'll be the winner).

To answer your question - the only suggestion is to treat her like any other potential recruit - if she's interested and enthusiastic, encourage her to sign. If she has quetions, be there to support and encourage her.

My babysitter is 16 and can't wait to turn 18 so she can sign. Her Mom is really supportive too.

I say go for it!! She may need more coaching, but she won't have the past, possibly negative, issues (bad experience with other DS companies, etc.) you can run into with more 'seasoned' recruits.

Thanks everyone. I haven't talked to her mom yet. I figured I would see how her interest is after she sees a show. If she's interested, I figured I would schedule time with both her and her mom

I would try to encourage her to think outside of her mom's show. Yes, her mom and her mom's friends may start her off, but it will be up to her to keep it going. My high school senior recruit hasn't made it to $1250 yet. Perhaps I could have trained her better but I honestly don't know if she was ready. She hasn't developed the discipline necessary to have her own business and thought her mom's friends would all be jumping up and down to help. When they didn't, she just stop.

Just an idea for her for building a customer base...

My mom just attended a MK party and the consultant is a young college student. One thing she does is find out what the favorite products are of students and then when it's their birthday or holidays are approaching, she works with the parents and/or friends recommending those products as great gift ideas.

If she's going to be in college she could collect wishlists from students for either dorm room necessities (small sheet pan for toaster oven, collapsible bowls for popcorn but easy storage, etc.) or new apartment necessities and then work on getting those orders from relatives.

My new recruit is only 19 and she's very excited to join. I have talked with her about her girlfriends at college and those moving out on their own. I think that starting in this business when they are younger is fantastic. You get to help them grow and watch them shine!!! Also, they have more "Potential" leads with their peer group. Newly engaged brides, moving into first apartments and of course all these youngsters seem to have more money to spend than some of us that have more bills accumulated ie mortgage, daycare, 2 car payments, etc.

What is "Young 18 Possible Recruit"?

"Young 18 Possible Recruit" is a term used to describe individuals who are 18 years old or younger and are being considered for recruitment for a certain purpose, such as joining a sports team or enlisting in the military.

What are some examples of "Young 18 Possible Recruits"?

Examples of "Young 18 Possible Recruits" could include high school athletes being scouted by college teams, teenagers attending military recruitment events, or young adults applying for entry-level jobs.

Why is the age of 18 significant for "Young 18 Possible Recruits"?

The age of 18 is significant because it is the legal age of adulthood in many countries. This means that individuals who are 18 years old or older are considered legally responsible for their actions and can make decisions for themselves, including joining certain organizations or enlisting in the military.

What should "Young 18 Possible Recruits" consider before making a decision?

"Young 18 Possible Recruits" should consider their personal goals, values, and motivations before making a decision to join a certain organization or enlist in the military. It is important to weigh the potential benefits and drawbacks and make an informed decision.

Are there any limitations for "Young 18 Possible Recruits"?

There may be limitations for "Young 18 Possible Recruits" depending on the organization or institution they are considering. Some may have specific age requirements or restrictions for certain positions or roles. It is important for individuals to research and understand any limitations before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
msmileyface
  • nancycookspc
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies