• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Through the Years: Insights from Veteran Consultants

that hosts can use their FPV toward a large item instead of getting small things that they might not need. Under the old plan, host bonuses were free, but there was no choice, and they were performance based. (I've attached the December 2002 flyer for illustration.) The booking benefit was additional points to use, which translated to about $3 free product - not much of an incentive to get bookings.Other changes include P3 and PWS.See, somehow in my mind, the change from points to FPV, and the change to a sliding commission scale happened at the same time.
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
Hello,

I know that as of April 1st, we have a career plan, but want to know how PC life has changed and improved over the years for consultants.

I have a lady who loved PC, became a director and then retired in 2005. I want to entice her back....so your feedback would be so helpful!

Also, is October also a HWC month? Will we offer the same pink products then? I just met a fearless survivor, and would like to tell her about future HWC months.

Thanks!

October isn't "the" HWC month, but PC has started offering pink products in Oct - I think as individual orders only though.

Some of the biggest changes have been to our pay scale. I'm trying to remember when we all got the big raise with the sliding scale based on monthly sales? Anyway, it's better now.

And when did it go from the Points system to the Free Product Value? That has made life so much easier (And more fair!)!

The monthly host bonus is a new thing too - there used to be a monthly host bonus, but it was completely tied to your sales - and now you get a host bonus just for hosting a show. Plus - the Past Host also gets it too. That's a newer bonus.

I'll have to try think of some more. The problem for me is that I can't remember when these things changed....:eek:

Thank you so much Becky! This will help....I'll see her on Friday, and I'd like to compose an email tomorrow to get her to think about joining.

Please keep posting as you remember them! = )

The switch to sliding commission scale was in 2003, I think. Prior to that, we got flat 20% commission (22% if over $15k career sales) plus bonuses if we were over specified amounts for the month. And an extra bonus if it was the 3rd month in a row for hitting a bonus level. The sliding scale is much easier to compute one's commission, and generally works out to higher commissions than the old plan.

The points to FPV switch was in Spring 2005, I think - tied to the 25th anniversary year. Under the old plan, free products were paid with points and had to be redeemed exactly. It's SOOOO much nicer that hosts can use their FPV toward a large item instead of getting small things that they might not need. Under the old plan, host bonuses were free, but there was no choice, and they were performance based. (I've attached the December 2002 flyer for illustration.) The booking benefit was additional points to use, which translated to about $3 free product - not much of an incentive to get bookings.

Other changes include P3 and PWS.

Attachments

• gs_hb_02dec.pdf
    598 KB · Views: 345
See, somehow in my mind, the change from points to FPV, and the change to a sliding commission scale happened at the same time...

I have very spotty long-term memory!

chefann said:
The switch to sliding commission scale was in 2003, I think. Prior to that, we got flat 20% commission (22% if over $15k career sales) plus bonuses if we were over specified amounts for the month. And an extra bonus if it was the 3rd month in a row for hitting a bonus level. The sliding scale is much easier to compute one's commission, and generally works out to higher commissions than the old plan.

The points to FPV switch was in Spring 2005, I think - tied to the 25th anniversary year. Under the old plan, free products were paid with points and had to be redeemed exactly. It's SOOOO much nicer that hosts can use their FPV toward a large item instead of getting small things that they might not need. Under the old plan, host bonuses were free, but there was no choice, and they were performance based. (I've attached the December 2002 flyer for illustration.) The booking benefit was additional points to use, which translated to about $3 free product - not much of an incentive to get bookings.

As always Ann, such a wealth of knowledge!:)

chefann said:

Ok Ann, I have to say, I am IMPRESSED!!! Amazing. You were able to locate a flyer, and were meticulous in the info! WOW.

Thanks for the work it took to find it, for sharing your knowledge and for posting. I am most grateful!

WOW!!!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
See, somehow in my mind, the change from points to FPV, and the change to a sliding commission scale happened at the same time...

I have very spotty long-term memory!

It's funny how the mind works. I remember the commission change because it was announced at the first conference I attended. And I knew the host program change was more recent because I remember dealing with the silly points for more than just a couple of years.

i for one am not impressed with that special for 02.... the specials are better now....

LOL.....I did not mean I was impressed with the specials being offered :D

I was impressed that Ann could find a flyer from 2002, and with her effort to do so and post. Plus, her info was detailed....like a walking reference manual....amazing!

I do say it with sincerity, thank you!

Flamingo said:
i for one am not impressed with that special for 02.... the specials are better now....

I totally agree! There was little incentive back then for hosts who, through no fault of their own, ended up with a small show. And frequent repeat hosts would often end up with multiples of things because of the quirks of the bonus packages, or even because they were the only things they could pick with their points. And as useful as they are, there's a limit to the number of classic batter bowls or mini serving spatulas one can use (or store).

--

Thought of another thing to mention to your potential recruit - the product line has matured a LOT in the last several years. We still have the All-Star pieces, but some of the weird or quirky gadgets have been eliminated. And many of the things that are still in the catalog have been redesigned to modernize them or otherwise improve them. There's a greater focus on real quality tools that foodies will appreciate (like the forged cutlery).

Recipes, too, have matured. There's less focus on highly-processed foods than the "good old crescent roll" days. I still have hosts asking for those recipes because that's what they associate with PC. But many customers and hosts are very happy when a recipe uses minimally processed ingredients. If your recruit has any cookbooks from her previous stint as a consultant, take a look through them and you'll notice the difference right away.

chefann said:
I totally agree! There was little incentive back then for hosts who, through no fault of their own, ended up with a small show. And frequent repeat hosts would often end up with multiples of things because of the quirks of the bonus packages, or even because they were the only things they could pick with their points. And as useful as they are, there's a limit to the number of classic batter bowls or mini serving spatulas one can use (or store).

--

Thought of another thing to mention to your potential recruit - the product line has matured a LOT in the last several years. We still have the All-Star pieces, but some of the weird or quirky gadgets have been eliminated. And many of the things that are still in the catalog have been redesigned to modernize them or otherwise improve them. There's a greater focus on real quality tools that foodies will appreciate (like the forged cutlery).

Recipes, too, have matured. There's less focus on highly-processed foods than the "good old crescent roll" days. I still have hosts asking for those recipes because that's what they associate with PC. But many customers and hosts are very happy when a recipe uses minimally processed ingredients. If your recruit has any cookbooks from her previous stint as a consultant, take a look through them and you'll notice the difference right away.

YES! This is a very good thing.

Also - the Interactive Show format is new, and the idea that you don't have to demo 3-5 recipes per show! Making shows quick and easy has been a wonderful advancement for PC!

I love how YOU are in control of your promotion and pay increase with the new program. It's so much easier to move up quickly and see the "fruits" of your excitement and efforts paid off. The PWS are also great.......can't remember when those first came out, but I know it's been within the past 4 years (I think) or so.

ChefBeckyD said:
YES! This is a very good thing.

Also - the Interactive Show format is new, and the idea that you don't have to demo 3-5 recipes per show! Making shows quick and easy has been a wonderful advancement for PC!

That is what I remember most about PC when I did it before (late 90s). Hosts expected 3 recipes. Some consultants were trying to go to 2, but lots of hosts wanted to do 3 making for long shows. I love that I can do one now, and if it is a big crowd, make another ahead.

I think one of the best things for getting a past PCer back is the difference in the "Super Starter Program" - It used to be you do a set amount and get a set package and there was one or two bonus packages. Now with the way it is set up recruits can earn an unlimited amount of PC dollars to use as they wish. Way better than back then. Also, the benefits of being qualified are great with the free website.

Oh, and on a side note - way back when I started my kit came with a wooden crate that my grandpa had to take outside and put together with a hammer and nails!

Thanks everyone....sent her an email quoting what everyone wrote....will let you know the results. It was interesting to see what has changed....it is definitely easier now and I am lucky to have been introduced at the perfect time!

So let me see if I can summarize, because I have a growing list of former consultants who have been away from PC for more than 5 years, and I'd love to send a focused Recruiting promotion email about the mini-kit, and having this list would be a big plus.
  • Sliding Commission…. As you sell more, you earn more!
  • Host Benefits – made easier and more generous!
  • Personal Websites and Computer Software for all your orders and contacts!
  • Product line improvements! We still have the “All Star classic” pieces, but eliminated some of the weird gadgets. Many things have been redesigned and modernized. There’s a greater focus on real quality tools.
  • Recipes have matured. There is less focus on highly-processed foods (crescent roll dough anyone?). We still have them, but we have so many more recipes with great ingredients.
  • Interactive Show format available. Now you can have your customers more involved in the cooking show process to get their hands on the tools!
  • Only 1 recipe-demos! No more catering! ☺ Making your shows quick and easy.
  • In your first 90-days, you can earn an unlimited amount of PC Dollars to use as you wish! ($50 for every 4 shows and $50 for every $1250 in sales, plus more)
Does that sound right?

esavvymom said:
So let me see if I can summarize, because I have a growing list of former consultants who have been away from PC for more than 5 years, and I'd love to send a focused Recruiting promotion email about the mini-kit, and having this list would be a big plus.

• Sliding Commission…. As you sell more, you earn more!
  • Host Benefits – made easier and more generous!
  • Personal Websites and Computer Software for all your orders and contacts!
  • Product line improvements! We still have the “All Star classic” pieces, but eliminated some of the weird gadgets. Many things have been redesigned and modernized. There’s a greater focus on real quality tools.
  • Recipes have matured. There is less focus on highly-processed foods (crescent roll dough anyone?). We still have them, but we have so many more recipes with great ingredients.
  • Interactive Show format available. Now you can have your customers more involved in the cooking show process to get their hands on the tools!
  • Only 1 recipe-demos! No more catering! ☺ Making your shows quick and easy.
  • In your first 90-days, you can earn an unlimited amount of PC Dollars to use as you wish! ($50 for every 4 shows and $50 for every $1250 in sales, plus more)

Does that sound right?

yes but the bold is doubled to $100 in the first 30 days. :D

I also forgot to include in the last "New and Improved Career Plan".

1. How has the Pampered Chef product line changed over the years?

The Pampered Chef product line has expanded to include a wider variety of kitchen tools and gadgets, as well as new and innovative cookware and bakeware products. The company also offers a line of food products, such as spices and sauces.

2. Has Pampered Chef changed its business model?

Yes, Pampered Chef has shifted from primarily in-home cooking demonstrations to a more online-based business model. This allows for a wider reach and more convenience for customers.

3. How has Pampered Chef adapted to modern technology?

Pampered Chef has embraced technology by offering virtual parties and online shopping, as well as utilizing social media for promotions and connecting with customers. The company also has a mobile app for easy access to recipes and product information.

4. Have there been any changes in the quality of Pampered Chef products?

Yes, Pampered Chef has made a commitment to using high-quality materials and ensuring that their products are durable and long-lasting. They also offer a satisfaction guarantee for all of their products.

5. How has Pampered Chef's mission and values evolved over the years?

While Pampered Chef's mission of bringing families together around the dinner table has remained the same, the company has also placed a stronger emphasis on promoting healthy eating and sustainability. They have also increased their involvement in charitable causes, such as hunger relief initiatives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • Colleen Burlet
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • ChefCKHall
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies