• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help for Non-Computer Seller: Experienced Mail-Order Professional

Laurie, what great advice! You are an expert summarizer of content. In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who is interested in selling but dislikes using the computer. Suggestions are given on how to run her business without a computer, including having someone on their team who does not use the computer. Other consultants share their experiences and tips on how to manage a business without a computer, such as doing everything by hand and using the library for internet access. It is also mentioned that having a computer makes things easier and can help with submitting shows and accessing training. However, it is possible to succeed without a computer by using the phone and taking advantage of resources like teleclasses and printed transcripts. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance of supporting
Darcy Sharpe
Gold Member
I am meeting with a women who is interested in selling, however she dislikes the computer. Any suggestion I can give her on how to run her business. She has sold for another company in the past and sent everything by mail. Does anyone have someone on their team who do not use the computer? Any and all help would be wonderful.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
my only advise is this will not be a long term consultant, know that going in. I had a gal w/o a computer and it was a hassle! Would I do it again, I suppose, knowing it was worth 2,000 points for Disney, but I wouldn't have expectations of much more than that.

i have a gal that doesn't have one and she lives 2 hrs from me. i set her up as a 2nd user in P3 and she calls me with her show info. its a little more work for me but it work out ok. she goes to the library and checks her email etc. she is planning on buying a computer tho. wish i could give more advice.

I first recruit did not have a computer when she started. That was her first goal, to make enough to buy one. She did that in one month! She did everything by hand and mailed it in, not a huge deal, especially if it is someone that doesn't like using a computer!

Same as jewel. I have a recruit who does not have internet access. She comes over once a week for the online training. I download the audio workshops for her to listen at home. I have her checking her schedule to sign up for the teleclasses. When it's time for a show, she calls me and I submit the show for her. She checks her email here too, and does the library thing as well.

She submitted 2 shows within 2 weeks of signing. She is grateful to have access at my home, and that I do not dissuade her from reaching for the stars despite the computer issue. She has set a goal of using her commissions, after the kit cost is paid, to get herself a laptop.

I would just explain to your new recruit that it can be done, and that the pc makes it easier. Since she already has previous DS experience, the "hassle" of submitting info to HO will seem like the norm. I myself would have her over to see you input the shows. When she sees how much easier it is with P3, she'll probably want a pc of her own.

If your schedule and hers do not mesh, you can just have her sign up for the teleclasses for training. Also, download any trainings you feel would benefit her. Lastly, if she can not access a PC for the online training, I would suggest you print the transcripts for her so she can read them on her own.

More work for you, but the benefits of helping someone succeed not only feels good, but will essentially be a benefit to you and your growing team. Who knows how far she can go with a little added support. Also, once you've downloaded and burned the workshops, printed the transcripts, etc....you'll already have it ready for the next recruit.

Just my nickel and dime~

PC was around long before there were computers- so yes, there's no reason she can't. Just has to allow a bit more time (like can't submit shows at the 11th hour and get credit for a particular month, etc).

the phone can be her best friend! I have so many who rely too much on the computer and are afraid of the phone. Their businesses stall because they won't pick up the phone.

Laurie, what great advice! You are an awesome, generous gal! I wish I was YOUR recruit too! :)

kcjodih said:
Laurie, what great advice! You are an awesome, generous gal! I wish I was YOUR recruit too! :)

Jodi, as great as that would be, I think it would be a little more difficult for you to go to Laurie's once a week!!:p:love:

pampchefsarah said:
Jodi, as great as that would be, I think it would be a little more difficult for you to go to Laurie's once a week!!:p:love:

Just think of the frequent flyer miles:eek: LOL

LOL Sarah :D

kcjodih said:

Awww...thanks Jodi. I'd drive ya nutty if you were my recruit! lol

pampchefsarah said:

So true! Ha Ha....we'd find a way, right Jodi? Canada is gorgeous this time around....think my hubby would understand weekly tm mtgs there? = )

Crystal.....

I'd so use those miles to get around the globe! How fab would it be? Find a recruit, travel to train said recruit, rest up with a trip courtesy of FF Miles! I see an idea coming up! Hmmmm.....Just call us Team Global:D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Crystal.....

I'd so use those miles to get around the globe! How fab would it be? Find a recruit, travel to train said recruit, rest up with a trip courtesy of FF Miles! I see an idea coming up! Hmmmm.....Just call us Team Global:D

Ooooh - I LIKE it!!!:sing:

Thank you everyone for your input. There are some very good suggestions. I meet with her today and have more options to give her. :)

1. How can I improve my mail-order sales without using computers?

As an experienced mail-order professional, you may already have a strong understanding of traditional sales tactics such as direct mail campaigns, catalogs, and cold calling. However, there are a few additional strategies you can try to boost your sales. First, consider networking with other businesses and individuals in your industry to form partnerships and cross-promote each other's products. Additionally, you can attend trade shows and events to showcase your products to a larger audience. Finally, don't underestimate the power of word-of-mouth marketing - encourage satisfied customers to spread the word about your products through referrals and reviews.

2. How do I handle customer inquiries and orders without a computer?

Without a computer, it's important to have a reliable system in place for tracking customer inquiries and orders. You can do this manually by keeping a detailed log or spreadsheet of customer information and orders. It may also be helpful to invest in a dedicated phone line or email address specifically for customer inquiries. Be sure to respond promptly and professionally to all inquiries and process orders in a timely manner to maintain good customer relationships.

3. Can I still use social media to promote my products without a computer?

While social media can be a valuable tool for promoting products, it is not the only way to reach potential customers. If you do not have access to a computer, you can still utilize traditional marketing methods such as print ads, radio spots, and direct mail campaigns. You can also collaborate with influencers or bloggers in your industry to reach a wider audience. Consider hosting in-person events or demonstrations to showcase your products and engage with potential customers face-to-face.

4. How do I keep track of inventory and shipping without using a computer?

Inventory and shipping can be managed manually, but it may require more time and attention to detail. Keep a detailed record of your inventory and update it regularly as products are sold or restocked. You can also consider hiring a shipping and logistics company to handle the shipping and tracking of orders. If you are shipping products yourself, be sure to have a reliable system in place for tracking orders and updating customers on their shipment status.

5. How can I stay organized and efficient without the use of a computer?

Organization and efficiency are key in any business, and it can be challenging to maintain these without the use of a computer. However, there are still tools and methods you can use to streamline your processes. Keep a physical planner or calendar to track important dates and deadlines. Utilize filing systems and folders to keep track of important documents and orders. You can also use a physical to-do list or checklist to stay on top of tasks and prioritize your workload. Finally, don't be afraid to ask for help or outsource certain tasks to free up your time and energy for other important aspects of your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Chef Kearns