• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Encourage My New Recruit Without Being Too Pushy?

In summary, the recruit is not motivated to start her business and wants to sell to her friends and family instead of doing the online training. The recruiter is trying to encourage her but is having difficulty because she is not motivated.
kittychef
I have a new recruit and I'm trying to help her start her business and start doing some shows. The problem is that she's not motivated at all. She doesn't want to do the online training and just wants to sell to her friends and family. I've tried to eplain to her what she needs to do get qualified but she just wants to do things her own way. How do I encourage her without being too pushy? I really want to get the double points incentive and become a team leader (she's my second recruit).
Any advice would be great!
Thanks ladies!

Sounds like a case of different goals. I would ask her what she thinks her first shows will turn out to be. Go over the benefits for her of reaching out and building her business.
Did her goals change? Do you think she told you what she thought you wanted to hear to get you to sign her?

what was her "why" for starting the business?

Remember, this is her business, and she can run it the way she likes, as long as she has at least $150.00 in sales every month. It's not her responsibility to help you reach your goals. People who consider themselves part of a team will do this, but it sounds like she's not of that mind-set right now.

You should continue to gently encourage her. Maybe when she sees some success she'll get more excited and put in more effort (this happened to my 'kitnapper' recruit, who now loves the business, and strives for $1250 every month). In the meantime, keep looking for your next (more enthusiastic) recruit.

It is her business, not yours. You can encourage, ask questions, guide her, train her but you can not make her do anything. Your goals, are yours to work out and on. Just means you need to recruit more to meet your goals rather than trying to get someone to do something for you.

Thank you ladies for your replies.
Her "why" was just to try it. She just asked me she wanted to become a consultant out of the blue, she's never even been to a show, that's why I want to help her and what makes it hard for me to train her is that she lives 4 hours away.
It is her businness but I really want her to successful, she needs the money

I also signed with an out of town Director and had NEVER been to a show before too. I wanted to "try it " myself. But I studied the kitchen show live tape a dozen times and asked my D a million questions. My D was there for any support but she definitley didn't push anything on me. Was just there to answer any ????? I had.

1. How can I show support and encouragement to my new recruit without being too overbearing?

One way to show support and encouragement without being too pushy is to regularly check in with your new recruit and ask how they are doing. This shows that you care about their progress and are available to offer help if needed. Additionally, you can offer positive feedback and praise when they do well, rather than constantly pushing for more.

2. Should I set specific goals and expectations for my new recruit, or let them work at their own pace?

It is important to establish clear goals and expectations for your new recruit, as this can help them stay motivated and focused. However, it is also important to give them some flexibility and autonomy in how they achieve those goals. This allows them to work at their own pace and find methods that work best for them.

3. How can I provide constructive criticism without coming across as too critical or pushy?

When giving constructive criticism, it is important to focus on specific behaviors or actions rather than criticizing the person as a whole. Additionally, make sure to give positive feedback as well and offer suggestions for improvement rather than just pointing out flaws. This shows that you are genuinely interested in helping them improve, rather than just being critical.

4. Is it better to offer guidance and advice or let my new recruit figure things out on their own?

It is important to strike a balance between offering guidance and letting your new recruit figure things out on their own. Too much hand-holding can be overwhelming and make them feel like they are not trusted, while too little guidance can lead to confusion and frustration. Offer support and advice when needed, but also give them room to learn and grow independently.

5. What are some ways to motivate and encourage my new recruit without constantly checking in on them?

One way to motivate and encourage your new recruit without being pushy is to lead by example. Show them your own enthusiasm and passion for the work, and let them see the positive impact it has on you. You can also offer recognition and rewards for their accomplishments, and create a positive and supportive team environment where they feel valued and motivated to succeed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • gilchrist_pchef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Sheila