• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Possible Recruit With Out Internet Access?

In summary, Sally recommends that the woman try getting a Verizon card that connects her to the internet anywhere, getting help from the recruiter to submit orders, or using a laptop with wireless internet to submit orders.
BlessedWifeMommy
Possible recruit without internet access?Is is possible to run a PC business without internet access? I have a lady I met at a show on Satuday who was intrested. The area they are in (I would call it out in the boonies) doesn't get reliable internet access. They only have dial-up when it works. I heard them all talking about it after the show. Someone said they can get a Verizon card that connects them anywhere (have now idea how expensive that is).

Just curious what your experience with this is...

Last edited:
It is more difficult - I can't imagine the lack of information I would have concerning my business if I didn't have internet access but...........it is possable. If she can sign on a few times a month, just enough to update her P3 it would be easier for her than if she doesn't have access at all. She can use P3 and print out the master order form and send everything in by mail. Or she can do the entire show by hand, there are order forms for that still available, and mail it in that way. I did it that way for several years before I got a computer. When I started you didn't get PP or P3 with your kit, you had to purchase it if you wanted it because it wasn't common for people to have computers - and I'm not that old. This has just been in the last 5-6 years that they included the program in your kit.

Does she have a laptop? is that what you are talking about getting a card for? I think it's like $40 a month (correct me if I'm wrong) for the internet, but then again she might not get service at home still. Another idea, if she has a laptop is going to the library, college, fastfood, or anywhere else they have wi-fi. she would be able to get online as long as she had a laptop w/ wireless internet (and it's not hard to get wireless on laptop).

It's possible to work your business w/o internet access, but IMO, it's not very probable. I've had 2 recruits who didn't have internet access, and both quit within a few months. Neither was willing to do the extra work it took to submit orders, etc...w/o internet access. Also, it was harder for me to help them, because I've never submitted a show by mail, so I was in the dark with some of their questions.
Now, with P3, we do have the option of more than one user submitting shows, but that would mean having them come to my house to do it, and both lived a good distance from me.

I have a recruit who does not have internet service and I put her as a user on my P3 and she calls me with her orders and then she does her own deposit and I send it in.

Sally

nascarcooker said:
I have a recruit who does not have internet service and I put her as a user on my P3 and she calls me with her orders and then she does her own deposit and I send it in.

Sally

I was wondering if that was possible. How much work is it for you? Is it worth it?

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I was wondering if that was possible. How much work is it for you? Is it worth it?

That could be a good temporary fix, and then you can encourage her, if she doesn't have one already to invest in a laptop. You can get one for very little these days. Starbucks, McDonalds, Safeway, and many local coffee shops often have wi-fi.

nascarcooker said:

Sally

I am currently doing this with my new recruit until she get's internet access. We met last Wednesday and I have her a quick tutorial and she inputted all the order's herself. Then when I got home I sent them off.

Plus, this past Friday we did a vendor event and she got an order, when I go home I just put in for her and sent it off.

It really hasn't added any time for me. She will have access when moves at the end of the month. So I figured, I wouldn't mind helping out. She also back's everything up to a thumb drive, so she can upload it onto her system when she get's it up and running.

I think I remember hearing how someone would go to their public library for internet access. Of course you have to be careful about logging out and clearing your history and cookies or whatever, right?

My second recruit does not have a computer she is listed as a user on my pampered partner plus and doing well. I do know some who mail their stuff in.

I didn't have access when I first started. It's more difficult, but it's definitely doable.

well, you aren't saying that she doesn't have a computer, jus tno internet access. Can she do all the submitting by fax? I have done that when my computer was on the fritz - put everything on the computer, printed it out & faxed it it - can you do that for US Consultants? I am in Canada, so maybe the rules are different because we have less volume...Any obstacle is really only as much as a challenge as you make it. There are consultants out there who do the paper submissions, and if she isn't reliant on the internet now, she is likely to find that it interferes with her business, just that it won't be exactly the same as you do it...

Of course, without internet access she can't benefit from the wonderful world of CS, but that's a handicap she'd just have to live with. ;)

1. How can I recruit someone without internet access?

There are a few options for recruiting someone without internet access. You could reach out to them through phone calls, mail or in-person visits. You could also ask a mutual acquaintance to help facilitate the recruitment process.

2. Can I still use online recruitment tools if the potential recruit does not have internet access?

No, online recruitment tools require internet access to be used. If the recruit does not have internet access, you will need to use alternative methods of communication.

3. Are there any disadvantages to recruiting someone without internet access?

One of the main disadvantages is the difficulty in communicating and sharing information. It may also take longer to reach the potential recruit and receive their responses. Additionally, they may not have access to certain resources or information that is readily available online.

4. What are some effective ways to reach out to potential recruits without internet access?

Some effective ways to reach out to potential recruits without internet access include phone calls, mail, and in-person visits. You could also ask for help from mutual acquaintances or use traditional advertising methods, such as flyers or newspaper ads.

5. Is it common for recruits to not have internet access?

It depends on the target demographic and location of the recruitment. In some areas, internet access may be limited or not as readily available. It is always a good idea to have alternative methods of communication in case a potential recruit does not have internet access.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefgirlrd
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd