• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Heard of Entertaining at Home?

In summary, my host for Saturday just posted on FB that she's thinking of getting back into direct sales (she used to be At-Home America), and within 2 hours got 17 responses. I emailed her about the PC opportunity in more detail. Now, she's posting that she may want to do Entertaining at home. I looked at the link she posted...some of it looks like our stuff. Anyone have any experience with this company? I don't want to bad mouth any company to her, but I might like to know which aspects of PC to play up vs. this company. (Not that I would do it as a versus situation, just as like, "With PC,
Jessamary
My host for Saturday just posted on FB that she's thinking of getting back into direct sales (she used to be At-Home America), and within 2 hours got 17 responses. I emailed her about the PC opportunity in more detail.

Now, she's posting that she may want to do Entertaining at home. I looked at the link she posted...some of it looks like our stuff.

Anyone have any experience with this company? I don't want to bad mouth any company to her, but I might like to know which aspects of PC to play up vs. this company. (Not that I would do it as a versus situation, just as like, "With PC, you can....." while myself knowing the other company doesn't offer that.)

Help?

I have never heard of it either!

I just looked at them online. One thing I noticed is that it doesn't appear you can view a catalog online. Another thing is they make you pay for shipping for your kit. And you don't get any of their cookware or knives for about the same price we pay. In order to get anything for free in their host program you have to have a $250 show! Anything between $125 & 249 you only get 1 1/2 priced item. And you have to pay shipping on that level. Anything at the $250 level only gets you 10% free.One big thing is that the company has only been in business for less than 3 years! PC has almost 30 years in business! Their products are out there, are well known and have a great reputation.

Yeah, I looked online also and I don't like the fact that you have to put your info in just to look at a catalog online.

Thanks! She was on FB, so we were chatting. She said she likes PC (and owns so much!) but wants to find something that isn't in the area already.

How the HECK do I respond to THAT?!

I believe it used to be Taste of Home Entertaining. I know they changed their name recently and it seems to be something like that. Anyhoo, I have some of the products, and I barely use them! Their kitchen products (if they still have them) are SOOOO not up to par! They are very similar (if not the same) to products you can find at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I have had one of their parties and their stuff is ok.
It did used to be taste of home entertaining. started by one of Southern living at home executives who left SLAH.

Pampered Chef is not over saturated! Even if there are people in the same area, she will still find business. Plus wouldn't she rather promote a well known product than a product no ones knows about.

Jess, there are MINIMUM 4 PC consultants in my VERY SMALL town, and two in my church! There are several in our area, in a few different clusters. Yet, there is still so much business out there. Remind your friend that with PC there is no competition, no set areas, and the only limit to the amount of business she gets is how much she chooses to work it. Truly, there are people in this country, believe it or not, who have never even heard of The Pampered Chef.

Plus how is she going to feel when she is selling items "similar" in looks to PC but she doesn't have the great guarantee to back it up? I saw a mini cat and I don't recall any guarantee listed.

Just my 2 cents....one of my teammates and I are neighbors....and I mean a couple houses down from each other. We were worried that we would be running and asking the same people too...we shop in the same areas obviously. Plus, my director lives less than a mile from us.....and all 3 of us have had no problems booking shows....in fact, we have met so many different people from the shows, that the clash or problem with saturation is a moot point. Let her know that it isn't a problem....PC is well known and sells itself....carrying a tote and catalogs at all times helps you get your contacts when you're first starting....your friends and family can bring friends you don't know to help you too!

In my opinion, I'd be afraid of EAH as a business. It's a newer direct sales business, and it's already had a change of hands at least once. (as in different owners - that's why the name change from TOHE to EAH) They were very unethical in the way they went about even starting up the business, and although there was a huge "buzz" about them when they first started, I never hear or see anything of them anymore. I've done several vendor events, and haven't seen them in over a year at any of those. I'd be afraid they aren't going to last much longer.

1. What is Entertaining at Home?

Entertaining at Home is a unique experience offered by Pampered Chef, where a consultant will come to your home and host a cooking demonstration for you and your guests. It's a fun and interactive way to learn new recipes and cooking techniques while enjoying delicious food.

2. How many people can attend an Entertaining at Home event?

Our events can accommodate anywhere from 4 to 20 guests, depending on the size of your kitchen and dining space. We recommend having at least 6 guests to ensure a lively and engaging atmosphere.

3. Is there a cost to host an Entertaining at Home event?

There is no cost to host an Entertaining at Home event. Our consultants provide all the necessary ingredients and equipment for the cooking demonstration, and guests are welcome to purchase any products they are interested in.

4. Can I choose the recipes for my Entertaining at Home event?

Yes, you can work with your consultant to select the recipes you would like to see demonstrated at your event. Our consultants have a wide range of recipes to choose from, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options.

5. Can I earn free products by hosting an Entertaining at Home event?

Absolutely! As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales at your event. Our consultants will work with you to create a personalized wish list of products you would like to earn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • sillylittlechef