• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Give Your New Recruits Anything After They Sign?

In summary, Ginny provides new consultants with a binder with helpful information, a cook and book training session, and advice on how to support them.
esavvymom
Staff member
I have been thinking alot lately about recruiting. I've got a few good recruit leads 'on the burner' right now. What I am wondering is - Do you give your new consultants anything when they sign? Like a "to-do" list of things you recommend, training resources, or help with Consultant's Corner....anything to get them started- either in general, or just to get them going that first week while they wait on their kit? What do you do with a brand new consultant? Do you just let the kit come and they figure it out? [I know when I first signed, once I had the email with my password to Consultant's Corner, I was on it checking out whatever I could. I'm not the norm when it comes to that sort of thing and I am also pretty tech savvy. ] Or is there something from PC directly that helps you with that? I've seen a couple things on the supply order- should I get them in preparation for that first recruit?Thanks. Just trying to plan ahead and not be caught off guard! :D

Bobbi,

Here's something Ginny posted ages ago. I'm not sure if you'll have to change things or not so you'll have to read through it.

Attachments

• What to do while waiting for your kit to arrive.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 405
That's great! Thanks. I hadn't seen that. I also just came across Scott's two-part new consultant training documents in the FILES, also.

I have now started giving all my new recruits the booking slide and go over it with them so they have this tool to use and get their business off to a good start. I give them a few other things like a sample hostess packet and such things that I use that is helpful in the biz.

I have a little binder made up w/ a checklist (what to do before, after kit arrives-probably got on here), has the recruiting special that applies to them, upcoming sales promo, goal worksheet, and upcoming host/guest specials.

I want them to have all this info so they can start calling people and booking as soon as they order their kit.
I figured not everyone will know how to navigate CC right away, and I wanted them to know the things coming up so they were prepared and excited!

I put the binder in a reusable shopping bag w/ other goodies- like highlighters, pens, and little things I use now and could have used when I got started.

I think more than giving them anything, you should train them. I use the "supporting new consultants" booklet and use the "cook and book" section. I have them come to my house for New Consultant training. We make the 3 cheese garden pizza and go over their list of 100 (I start with 40). We talk about the full service check out and go over scripts for host coaching. I also offer to come their first party to support them, especially at the full service check out to get them as many bookings as possible

Good stuff. Thank you!

cookingwithlove said:
I think more than giving them anything, you should train them. I use the "supporting new consultants" booklet and use the "cook and book" section. I have them come to my house for New Consultant training. We make the 3 cheese garden pizza and go over their list of 100 (I start with 40). We talk about the full service check out and go over scripts for host coaching. I also offer to come their first party to support them, especially at the full service check out to get them as many bookings as possible

I love the cooking at your house training! I am getting ready to incrase my team by like 6 people by May, and that is a great way to train them all on the products and how a show works all at once! Almost all have never been to a show before! What a great idea! Thanks

I have "reinvented" the wheel so many times due to a lack of training, that I do not want that to happen with my own recruits. So I try to give them what they need to get started and let them know that I am available for any questions that they have. I think it is really important to let them know that they are not alone.

1. What do you typically give new recruits after they sign?

At our company, we like to give our new recruits a welcome package that includes a company t-shirt, a handbook, and any necessary equipment or materials for their role.

2. Is the welcome package the only thing new recruits receive?

No, in addition to the welcome package, we also provide our new recruits with a thorough onboarding process, which includes training, introductions to their team members and managers, and a tour of the office or workplace.

3. Do you offer any additional incentives or perks to new recruits?

Yes, we offer a referral bonus to our current employees who refer new recruits to our company. We also have a comprehensive benefits package for all employees, including health insurance, retirement plans, and more.

4. Are there any requirements for new recruits to receive these benefits?

Our benefits package is available to all full-time employees, so as long as the new recruit is hired as a full-time employee, they will be eligible for these benefits.

5. Can new recruits negotiate for additional perks or benefits?

We do not typically negotiate additional perks or benefits for new recruits. However, we do consider each candidate's qualifications and experience when determining their salary and benefits package, so it's important to discuss any concerns or requests during the hiring process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Katiek77
  • lindy0116
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • wadesgirl