• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interviewing a New Recruit: How Do You Prepare and Conduct the Interview?

In summary, the best way to handle an interview when a lead says they haven't had a chance to look at the materials is to try to get them to get the packet right then, and go over it over the phone.
~*Heather*~
I have a recruit that I'm hoping is going to sign this month. I have to give her a call this evening. I have sent her info for her to look over and also the DVD to watch. I have been in contact with her since the end of March. She was a lead that I got at a booth and when I called her she had told me that she is very interested, but that she was just moving into a new apt. and wanted to get settled in before committing to something. She asked me if I would call her back in the middle of April. I have spoke with her after I sent her all the info and she is still very interested. I am going to be calling her today and talking with her. So my question to all you more experienced with recruiting, how do you hold an interview and also do you have a sheet you go by or how do you do it? Any advice, tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Just go through the Come Join Us book and ask her lots of questions. There used to be a downloadable guide to using it. Check CC.Have you taken the online training on the recruiting interview? I would do that ASAP!!!

Thanks. Any other help is appreciated!
This is my first recruit and I'm nervous and want to make sure that I cover everything.

if this is your first recruit, your director should be helping you. CALL HER!!!!

So how did it go? Any good news? I'm in the same boat, I have to call a lead today. I had given her info and checked in on her last week, but she hadn't had time to look at things. She wanted me to call her this week. I have a cluster meeting on Monday, so I think I'm going to invite her to come to that.

I have a question...If you ask them if they've had a chance to look through the brochure or watch the DVD and they say no they've been to busy, what's the best response? Do you back off and give them more time to do those things, or do you ask them other questions and get the ball rolling on an interview (whether it be formal, or just a discussion on the phone?)

Anyone? I was hoping to call her before lunch today. Any advice? She's a neighbor of mine and I'd swing over, but I have 2 little ones in tow. So I thought I'd call her to see what her thoughts were and invite her to my cluster meeting. But really, what else should I say/ask if she hasn't checked out the info.

One of the recruiting CDs I like (Recruiting: From Maybe to YES) gives GREAT simple questions to ask. One of the things she says to handle the "Have you had a chance to look over what I sent you?" and they say 'no', is to try to get them to get the packet right then, and go over it over the phone. Obviously, you can't go over the DVD, but you should know what you sent her. Go over that material. Because once you GET her on the phone, you want to keep her on the phone and not play phone tag.

I don't know if it will help without having listened to the CD (which is available on Supply order and I highly recommend. I've only done 2 recruit calls, and this helps so much!!!) But here are my notes I typed up after listening to the CD. I tried to put her words exactly. The questions she asked were in 'bold', so hopefully it gives you some specific things to ask. ANother thing to remember, try not to talk too much! :D Don't overwhelm them with all the benefits we know and love (incentives, PC bucks, etc).

GOod luck!

Attachments

• Recruting_Maybe-to-Yes.doc
    33 KB · Views: 380
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help! :)

Just be honest about your experience....I've had such a great time with Pampered Chef that others want to know what makes it so great. Also, go to files and look up "need extra cash (3)". That's a great handout you can give to your lead.

babywings76 said:
So how did it go? Any good news? I'm in the same boat, I have to call a lead today. I had given her info and checked in on her last week, but she hadn't had time to look at things. She wanted me to call her this week. I have a cluster meeting on Monday, so I think I'm going to invite her to come to that.

When I called her last night it wasn't a good time for her so she told me to call back in an hour and then I had to leave a msg. I kinda figured that she might have been busy since it was the last day for taxes. So if I don't hear anything back from her before this evening I am going to call again. This is my first interview so hopefully it will go well.
Thanks

Good luck! :)I tried calling my girl, but got the lovely voice mail. I hate that! I always forget to have a VM script near me and wing it and always feel like a dummy that left a terrible message. :(

I hate leaving messages too.

1. How do you prepare for an interview with a new recruit?

Before the interview, it is important to review the job description and qualifications for the position. This will help you tailor your questions to assess the candidate's skills and experience. It is also helpful to research the company and familiarize yourself with its values and culture.

2. What are some key questions to ask during an interview with a new recruit?

Some key questions to ask during an interview with a new recruit include asking about their previous work experience, their strengths and weaknesses, their understanding of the job responsibilities, and their long-term career goals. It is also important to ask behavioral-based questions to assess their past performance and how they handle certain situations.

3. How do you evaluate a candidate's qualifications during an interview?

During the interview, you can evaluate a candidate's qualifications by asking specific questions related to the job requirements. You can also ask for examples of their previous work experience and how it relates to the current position. Additionally, you can ask for references or conduct skills assessments to further evaluate their qualifications.

4. What are some qualities to look for in a new recruit during an interview?

Some key qualities to look for in a new recruit during an interview include their communication skills, problem-solving abilities, adaptability, and cultural fit. It is also important to assess their level of motivation, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn and grow within the company.

5. How do you make a final decision on hiring a new recruit?

To make a final decision on hiring a new recruit, it is important to consider all the information gathered during the interview process. This includes their qualifications, work experience, skills, and overall fit for the company. It is also helpful to involve other team members in the decision-making process and gather their feedback. Ultimately, the decision should be based on finding the best fit for the position and the company's needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Boomerjojo