• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding Recruits in Unexpected Places

In summary, Ann's sister asked if anyone in the family was on Facebook, Ann mentioned that she was, and Ann received a message from her sister approving her friend request. Ann looked through her sister's friends and found the name of a former consultant on the team. Ann sent the former consultant a private message through Facebook and the consultant replied back.
chefann
Gold Member
You never know where you'll find recruits.On Sunday, my SIL asked if anyone in the family was on Facebook, since that's how she shares pics of her son. I mentioned that I was, and that I had actually sent her a friend request that morning. Later Sunday night, I got the message that she had approved my friend request. For fun, I took a look through her friends. SIL was 1 year ahead of me in high school and had mentioned that afternoon that she mostly used FB to reconnect with people from school.There was a name on her list that looked familiar, but I couldn't place it. Early Monday morning I got up to use the facilities, and it finally clicked - she had been a consultant on my Director's team a couple of years ago. I don't think she had actually done anything, but I remember her name from the cluster roster.So I sent her a private note through FB, mentioning my former Director. She replied back, that yes, she had been on the team and remembered my name from when she worked with SIL who had taken a catalog in to work. (And I think that was from when my MIL hosted, back in 2003.) I replied with a very brief, non-threatening message that if she ever wanted to get back into PC to let me know, and I threw in a reference to the mini kit. She replied back last night with a question about the mini kit, and sounded really interested! She's got my phone number now, and hopefully will give me a call.So, you just never know who you know, even if it's third hand. I would never have guessed that my former Director and my SIL would have anyone in common in their circles.

Good job picking up on it. Let's hope the mini kit sells her back into PC.

We are blessed with the options we have, even without listing PC online.

Good job Ann! Hope it pans out for you!

I should probably add, so that nobody thinks I'm stealing consultants, that my former Director isn't actively pursuing her PC business any more. That's why she's my former Director. I'd never try to recruit someone who had a relationship with an active consultant, unless that recruit approached me first.

What are some unexpected places to find recruits for Pampered Chef?

Some unexpected places to find recruits for Pampered Chef include networking events, local community events, social media groups, fitness classes, and even your own neighborhood.

How can I make a good impression when approaching potential recruits in unexpected places?

Be genuine, friendly, and professional. Introduce yourself and briefly explain what Pampered Chef is all about. Offer to exchange contact information and follow up with them afterwards.

What should I say when approaching potential recruits in unexpected places?

Start by mentioning something that caught your attention about them or the event/location. Then, mention how Pampered Chef could benefit them and offer to answer any questions they may have. Don't be pushy or salesy.

What materials should I have on hand when recruiting in unexpected places?

It's always a good idea to have business cards or flyers with your contact information and a brief overview of Pampered Chef. You can also bring samples of products or a catalog to showcase the quality and variety of our products.

How can I follow up with potential recruits after meeting them in unexpected places?

Send a personalized email or text message, mentioning where you met and expressing your interest in having them join your team. Offer to schedule a meeting or phone call to discuss further. Make sure to follow up multiple times, as some people may need a gentle reminder.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefBevShu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • Nanisu