• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healing From Upline Betrayal: Seeking Advice

In summary, the director called another consultant who self-promoted to get their attention and left their catalogue where they could find it. The director thanked the other consultant for the order and warned them to stop self-promoting.
pcjenr
Has anyone ever been backstabbed by an upline? :eek: If so, how was it handled / addressed? Your advise is most helpful (and of cousre I'm not asking for names, etc.) Thank you!

Nope! My upline is great.

there are ethical expectations---and there are those without ethic- Whatever the situation if do not want it repeated I would ask your sales leader for help---They will keep a secret if you choose to not do anything-about it--Good luck=

It wasn't my upline, but I did get an email from a Director thanking me for an order she got because I left my catalogue somewhere.

Chef Bobby said:
It wasn't my upline, but I did get an email from a Director thanking me for an order she got because I left my catalogue somewhere.

Why did she even bother to call you? That is tacky!!!

Chef Bobby said:

I'm confused.... You left your catalogue somewhere, and someone else got an order off it? How does that work exactly...?

dancedivine said:
I'm confused.... You left your catalogue somewhere, and someone else got an order off it? How does that work exactly...?

Chances are, seeing the catalog reminded the customer to call her consultant (the director) to place an order.

or she could have just gone on the general PC site online and the order was given to the nearest director

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Chances are, seeing the catalog reminded the customer to call her consultant (the director) to place an order.

Yes. That's how it happened.

I've always wondered if my self promotion was getting other consultants sales. I think it you know this type of situation happened to another consultant, the last thing that should be done is to call it out the the consultant. It just isn't nice.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I've always wondered if my self promotion was getting other consultants sales. I think it you know this type of situation happened to another consultant, the last thing that should be done is to call it out the the consultant. It just isn't nice.

I can let go of the fact that my newsletters and other self promotion has lead to sales in the area, but to CALL the person??? Tacky isn't a strong enough word in my opionion.

As a Director I could never imagine doing this. I have had some conversations with my downline and one in particular loved coming back to tell me every complaint that she had heard from former hosts, etc. I finally had to mention in a round about, polite way that I really didn't need to know this information. I believe I once grew so frustrated, I mentioned a little of what I heard about her...it stopped!!! My point is, sounds like your Director is not thinking of others and how her actions of calling you would result in unnecessary hard feelings.

1. How can I heal from betrayal by my upline?

Healing from upline betrayal can be a difficult and emotional process. It is important to acknowledge and process your feelings, seek support from others, and focus on your own self-care. Additionally, seeking advice from a trusted mentor or coach can help you navigate through the situation and find ways to move forward.

2. What are some signs of an upline betraying their team?

Signs of upline betrayal may include withholding important information, showing favoritism towards certain team members, or making decisions that negatively impact the team without consulting them. Other red flags may include a lack of transparency, breaking promises, or constantly shifting the team's goals and expectations.

3. Should I confront my upline about their betrayal?

This is a personal decision and it ultimately depends on the situation and your relationship with your upline. However, it may be helpful to have an open and honest conversation with your upline to express how their actions have affected you and to see if there is a way to resolve the issue and move forward as a team.

4. How can I rebuild trust with my upline after experiencing betrayal?

Rebuilding trust takes time and effort from both parties. It is important to communicate openly and honestly, set clear boundaries, and hold each other accountable. It may also be helpful to seek guidance from a neutral third party, such as a mentor or coach, to facilitate the rebuilding process.

5. What steps can I take to prevent upline betrayal in the future?

While there is no guaranteed way to prevent upline betrayal, there are some steps you can take to protect yourself and your team. This includes setting clear expectations and boundaries with your upline, building a strong team culture based on trust and communication, and having a backup plan in case of any unexpected changes or betrayals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • krhodes74
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • newbietoPC