• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding the Right Path: My Direct Sales Journey

In summary, the speaker joined a direct sales company 2 years ago and has been successful in making her own schedule and earning a good income. She has recently started to receive 4 serious leads in April and is optimistic for the future.
amyscookinggear
Gold Member
I'm trying to come up with my story and don't know where to start. I'm curious what everyone else's story is.

You see Last January was the first time I had ever been to a direct sales party. Both a Lia Sophia and a PC show in one month. At the PC show I was probably "your worst nightmare" customer. I talked about my cheap products that I had at home (Non pc) and how i didn't need a $40 knife a $30 etc...you get the picture. However, when I used that $40 knife I knew I needed it. I didn't buy anything that day, I couldn't afford it. But I did book a show so my cousin would get the past host benefit and I held the show in March. At the end of my show as I was helping Suzanne pack up her kit she brought up the business opportunity. I tried to push it off and say i don't do crowds (I REALLY don't) and that I was helpful because I was behind the scenes and didn't have to talk. But then she told me that I had 3 definite bookings and 2 people who would have a show if I became a consultant. I figured why not. There's nothing to lose and I needed money to attempt to pay for my septic system.

Now while I know that's a good start to a story i get lost there. Because I haven't made what I expected to. Partly because I wasn't working the business the way I needed to. But I don't know how to translate that into my story without being negative.

So what's your story..

My story:

I originally joined because I wanted the extra PC$ to get the Forged Cutlery set. That was my only goal. After my first 90 days I had received enough free money that I got my set. By then, I was hooked. I loved being able to work when I wanted, and the pay is great! I can put as much or as little effort into my business as I want.

Ok here's my story and when I say it I turn it into something EVERYONE can relate with!!

I started this business 2 years ago (February) my husband had to go in for back surgery and we were going to be short part of his income....so instead of going to get a job at a drug store or grocery store where I would have to work holidays and ask for days I need off I decided I'd give something like this a try! I was able to make my own schedule and not answer to anyone but myself! Then that December I had my son! I didn't have much time to do anything but take care of hims so I just did a show here and there. Then I had to make a decision about going back to work full time or part time and doing more pampered chef to make up the difference. So I did! I pushed my business again and started doing 2-3 shows a week. I was able to stay home with my son an entire year before going back full time! Now my husband will be going in for his 2nd surgery here at the end of April and we REALLY need the extra money so I'm definitely making sure I do about 2-3 shows every week!

What I then go on to explain is that this is a business unlike just any business! I get to make my OWN Schedule...decide MYSELF what I need out of it! It's very flexible and it's ALWAYS there when I need it! It's TRULLY been a blessing in my life and I just don't know WHERE I'd be without it!!

I hope this helps!!! Everything I said can definitely make anyone relate!! Especially in this economy....here's where people NEED extra money!! Money to pay bills, put food on the table, pay for GAS!? lol. It's SUCH AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY for people! Especially now for only $65!! Who wouldn't try!?! I mean you could earn that back in ONE show!! It's definitely a NO BRAINER if you ask me!!

Good LUCK!!

BTW...I ALWAYS tell this story at my show! I tend to break it up a bit through out my demo! This month ALONE...so far...I've got 4 VERY SERIOUS LEADS!! I started this year off with just one recruit! Since then I've gotten 1 in February, 1 in March and now possibly 4 SO FAR for April and it's only the 2nd!

I have to say too...another thing I think DEFINITELY helps...is the booking slide!! AND JUST YOUR EXCITEMENT for this business and the products! If you believe in it...so will others!!

Hope this has helped you!!

I started 15 years ago when I had a 1,3 & 5 year old. I wanted to be around people who were potty trained, didn't watch Barney from "son up" to "son down" and didn't color on my walls.

We just had a retreat last weekend where we really practiced this!

you just need to answer these questions to make your story... then practice, practice, practice.

1. What was your situation before TPC.
2. Any hesitations (If any) and how you resolved them
3. How has PC enriched your life since.
4. What are your goals for your future in PC.

At the beginning of my shows I ask the group, "has anyone here NEVER been to a PC show before?" My story then proceeds with....the first show I ever did as a consultant was the first show I had ever attended. I had NEVER been to a PC show in my life before I started with PC. I needed additional income to help pay for my sons college and while I was doing my Christmas cookies 3 years ago on my PC stone I thought of PC. The stone was not even purchased by me...it was purchased by my daughter for me as a gift. It was in the box, under the counter for 2 years before I started using it because I didn't know what to do with it! Does this sound familiar to anyone???? Thanks to google, I looked up PC, viewed the entire catalog realizing I needed ALL OF IT. So I hit the "contact me" button and 200+ shows later, here I am still loving it...it was fate! The PC gave me all the tools and training I needed to start my business including a DVD on "How to Host your first PC cooking Show".

Thanks for passing the questions on. I will be forwarding this to my group. I do a story, but I need to revise it so it relates to more people. Thanks for all of the stories.

Here is mine - 4 years ago this May - I went to work out at Curves and my director had a table set up for a HWC fundraiser. I ordered a few products and was entered into a drawing for a free cooking show. Ended up having my show in July of that year. I had never thought of becoming a consultant. Becky (my director) asked if I'd like to check out a cluster meeting - see the new products and eat some good food. I said sure why not. I went to that in early August - went home and talked it over with my husband and mom who both encouraged me to give it a try. Mind you, I was not looking for a job - I had been a stay at home mom for 11 years at this point. I joined in August of 2005 and have been going strong since - I love PC - it is such a fun, rewarding "job" and I've met some great people through it. And I just recently signed my first recruit in March of this year and she is doing great! So you really never know what can happen by telling your story - some people are just looking to try something new in their lives.

....So, I have one last thing to share with you. Everyone, take your catalog and flip it to the back. This is the best value in our catalog! For $155 you get $500 in product but more importantly get to start your own business to supplement or replace a household income. I know no one came looking to start a business tonight, because I wasn't when I went to my first Pampered Chef show. You see I never thought I would have a Home show let along become a consultant. However, I went to my cousin's show and fell in love with the products. Unfortunately I was at a point that I couldn't spend extra money even on something that would last me forever. I decided to have a show and booked for March. I had a blast at my show helping my director out but when she turned to me and told me how good I would be at this I laughed her off. I said "I'm not a public person." She insisted that I had helped out so much that night she couldn't believe that. She gave me a little bit of information about the business, mentioned that all of the bookings from my show could be my starting shows. I had 3 bookings and 2 potential bookings if I became a consultant. This seemed like a no brainer to me. I had the bookings to start, she'd give me the training I needed and I'd be making money quickly. Remember earlier I had said I didn't have extra money to spend? Pampered Chef has given me that extra money I needed
I signed my agreement just a little over a year ago and have never regretted it for a second. I've been able to use the income I've made to pay down my credit card debit. The most shows I ever had in 1 month is 5-3 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows, yet in those months I've made almost $500!!! But this job hasn't just given me the extra money I've needed. It's let me meet new people, teach them fun, healthy, inexpensive recipes, and make new friends. I'm a special Educator by day and a eductainer by night! So if you'd like to learn more about having fun while being a consultant for Pampered Chef feel free to ask me questions about what I do!

1. How do I know if direct sales is the right path for me?

Deciding whether direct sales is the right path for you depends on your individual goals, interests, and strengths. Some people thrive in a sales environment and enjoy the flexibility and potential for earning income through direct sales. Others may prefer a more traditional career path. Consider your skills, personality, and desired level of involvement to determine if direct sales is a good fit for you.

2. What are the benefits of choosing direct sales over a traditional job?

Direct sales offers many benefits, including the ability to set your own schedule, work from home, and potentially earn a higher income. You also have the opportunity to build your own business and develop valuable skills in sales, marketing, and customer service. Additionally, many direct sales companies offer training and support to help you succeed in your business.

3. How do I find the right direct sales company to work for?

There are many direct sales companies to choose from, each with their own unique products, compensation plans, and company culture. It's important to research and compare different companies to find one that aligns with your interests and goals. Consider the products, commission structure, training and support, and overall reputation of the company before making a decision.

4. What are some common challenges that direct sales consultants face?

Some common challenges in direct sales include finding and retaining customers, managing time effectively, and dealing with rejection. It's important to have a strong support system and to continuously work on developing your sales skills to overcome these challenges. Many direct sales companies offer resources and training to help their consultants overcome these obstacles.

5. How can I be successful in direct sales?

Success in direct sales requires dedication, hard work, and a positive attitude. It's important to set goals, stay organized, and continuously learn and improve your sales skills. Building strong relationships with your customers and providing excellent customer service can also contribute to your success in direct sales. Additionally, finding a company and product that you are passionate about can help drive your success and motivation in the business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• makeawhisk
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • sillylittlechef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
soccermama
  • cookingwithlove