• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Networking on Facebook: Navigating Reconnections and Job Opportunities

In summary, Janeen reconnected with a high school classmate on Facebook and they are now in touch. Janeen sent her a message asking her what type of part-time job she was looking for and received a response back. Janeen is happy that her friend is looking for work and is excited for the opportunities that will be available in the near future.
elijahstrust
Ok, I've recently reconnected with a high school classmate on Facebook. We weren't really close friends or anything. Her status today mentions she's looking for a part-time job...so there's my opening....I emailed her and told her that her status caught my eye and asked her what type of part time job was she looking for....left it at that.

She responded that she was looking to do something different than she had for the last 25 years (singing) and was really looking for anything. She thanked me for asking.

OK...NOW WHAT? I don't want to jump on her with the opportunity and scare her away or seem desperate....I did go through the two online training courses on recruiting last night and passed the quizzes with flying colors...but I guess I'm just nervous that the wrong thing is going to come out of my mouth!

So I'm asking all the veterans out there....what would you say next?

"I am a consultant with The Pampered Chef and love my job. These days, alot of people out in the job market are finding our business opportunity something to take a look at. Would you mind if I sent you some more information?"

The worst that will happen is she'll say she's not interested. I would simply say I was asking because I love my job and like to offer it to anyone who is looking for something different. and then ask if she would like more info. Then the ball is in her court and she shouldn't be offended at that.

Just tell her that you understand and you happen to have a business that might fit in with what she is looking for and that there are some wonderful opportunities available right now and ask her if she would be interested in hearing more about them.
--------------------
Janeen

Ok, I sent it....now to see how she responds...."fingers crossed"

Whew! What was I worried about....I think this is why I don't bring it up half the time...I just can't get past that starting point!

So this is what I wrote to her and her response....

Not a problem...I understand :). I was asking because I love what I do and thought that maybe it might be something you'd be interested in. Would you like me to send you some more information? There are some great opportunities right now to take advantage of too....

Just let me know :)

RESPONSE: sure. That would be great. Thanks

Now I have another friend who is looking for work! Not to mention the few that I've talked with at shows recently....ooooh, this is so exciting!!!!

Now if only they'd post that the 27th was a Triple Point Day, well that would just make my week!!!

elijahstrust said:
Now I have another friend who is looking for work! Not to mention the few that I've talked with at shows recently....ooooh, this is so exciting!!!!

Now if only they'd post that the 27th was a Triple Point Day, well that would just make my week!!!

Looks like your week was made!

Thanks for this post, it was very reassuring!

1. What is "Now What Do I Say?"

"Now What Do I Say?" is a collection of conversation starters and tips designed to help you navigate difficult or awkward conversations in various situations.

2. Who can benefit from using "Now What Do I Say?"

Anyone who struggles with finding the right words in uncomfortable or challenging conversations can benefit from "Now What Do I Say?". It can be helpful for both personal and professional interactions.

3. How can "Now What Do I Say?" be used?

"Now What Do I Say?" can be used in a variety of ways, including as a reference guide, a practice tool, or a conversation starter. You can also use it as a resource to help you prepare for important conversations.

4. Is "Now What Do I Say?" only for difficult conversations?

No, "Now What Do I Say?" is not just for difficult conversations. It can also be used to improve overall communication skills and help you feel more confident in any conversation.

5. Can I use "Now What Do I Say?" for virtual conversations?

Yes, "Now What Do I Say?" can be used for both in-person and virtual conversations. The tips and strategies provided can be applied to any type of communication, whether it's face-to-face or online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • mrssyvo
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
heather223
  • chefann